Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr,jackson View Post
    * sneaks in * hello zelenka droolers... I need a favor which I think you woudn't mind...
    I need pic promo pics from david .. some nice ones .. and remember BIG ones

thank you
    * sneaks out *
    What kind of promo pics?

Here's a couple that Fabrice let me post!

Here's one on David's blog from The Beast of the Bottomless lake.

If you use Fabrice's photos, please make sure you give him credit!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

more like big picturs with a white background or something ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr,jackson View Post
        more like big picturs with a white background or something ?
        Sorry, don't have that. Wish I did though!
        sigpic

Comment

I don't have any either

I'm knackered, it's been one of those weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
            I'm knackered, it's been one of those weeks
            Tell me about....mines been pretty rough.

Need some Zelenka to make it much better!

sigpic

Comment

It's not been rough, just busy

Comment

One week left, then I've got holidays.

Btw: What is the real difference between the words holidays, vacation and hiatus?

At school I learned the word holidays (this is what I have for six weeks: no school), and vacation (this is what I have when I fly to Tenerife for 12 days) but what is the meaning of "hiatus"?
                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Hiatus is when you are taking a break from working but are not on a leave of absence. At least that's what I think it is.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                  Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

It's not been rough, just busy
                    Lucky you! I didn't think a volunteer program could get so political; actually, yeah I did because people's egos are involved but I don't and won't play the game, not for a volunteer program because it takes my time and energy away from the real focus and that's the kids. I'm just going to focus on my group and take a break from all the other stuff that I have done with the program. A break is a good thing, helps refresh and re-entergize.

Originally posted by iolanda
                    Btw: What is the real difference between the words holidays, vacation and hiatus?
                    There is probably a bit of an interpetation difference between our countries.

Here in the States a Holiday is like Christmas, Fourth of July (Independence Day) etc. and they are typically National Holidays, no work (except where necessary) and no school!
                    Vacation is something that we do when we want to take time off from work. Kids call it a vacation when school is out for the summer. I believe Europe uses the term Holiday for what we Americans call Vacation.
                    I believe a hiatus is just what Renenutet said. Sorry, don't have time to look it up in the dictionary at the moment. It's Father's Day and I have to go to the store to get ready for the barbecue.

Will have to post some lovely Radek pics a bit later.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                      Lucky you! I didn't think a volunteer program could get so political; actually, yeah I did because people's egos are involved but I don't and won't play the game, not for a volunteer program because it takes my time and energy away from the real focus and that's the kids. I'm just going to focus on my group and take a break from all the other stuff that I have done with the program. A break is a good thing, helps refresh and re-entergize.
                      Good for you for getting out before the handbags come out, when something fun gets grounded in paperwork and ego's it's time to step back and let someone else handle the ****

There is probably a bit of an interpetation difference between our countries.

Here in the States a Holiday is like Christmas, Fourth of July (Independence Day) etc. and they are typically National Holidays, no work (except where necessary) and no school!
                      Vacation is something that we do when we want to take time off from work. Kids call it a vacation when school is out for the summer. I believe Europe uses the term Holiday for what we Americans call Vacation.
                      I believe a hiatus is just what Renenutet said. Sorry, don't have time to look it up in the dictionary at the moment. It's Father's Day and I have to go to the store to get ready for the barbecue.

Will have to post some lovely Radek pics a bit later.
                      We don't use the word Vacation here in the UK, the word Holiday covers the 'School's out' and the 'Going away for two weeks" definition. Hiatus is another word not used regularly here but it generally means Taking a Break when it is used

Comment

Good for you for getting out before the handbags come out, when something fun gets grounded in paperwork and ego's it's time to step back and let someone else handle the ****
                        If handbags means what I think it means, I waited too long and the handbags did come out.
                        It's not the paperwork that is the issue, computers are great for organizing all that stuff and keeping it straight. There are some people that screwed up their events and instead of taking responsiblity they orchestrated a whole bunch of crap....it never ceases to amaze me the extend that some people will go to not take responsiblity for their actions.....just simply amazing.....
                        Anyway, it's time for me to step back, let go and just focus on my group and what they want to accomplish before they graduate.

One of my favorite David pictures!

sigpic

Comment

Handbags is venacular for B***ch fight

Comment

Handbags is venacular for B***ch fight
                            Ahhhh, my interpetation was slightly different but close enough.

The fight is only worth it if it is productive in the end. This isn't productive, it is just simply an energy drain.

ahhhh, but this guy is full of fun energy!

BTW iolanda, where are you going on Holiday?
                            sigpic

Comment

First, check out David Nykl's blog. Soooo funny!

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.c...-precious.html

and secondly, can anybody here translate a paragraph of Czech? Someone left a comment on my LJ in Czech and I'm just scratching my head.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                First, check out David Nykl's blog. Soooo funny!

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.c...-precious.html

and secondly, can anybody here translate a paragraph of Czech? Someone left a comment on my LJ in Czech and I'm just scratching my head.
                                The only Czech line I could find there said "That's cute"

Comment

Working...
                                X