Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateship777 View Post
    very cool! never knew there was so much love for the god that is zelenka!
    Look at the fandom.Since I'm here, I've read posts dissing every character:

Anti-Sheppards say that he should be in prison for repeated affronts to military law,
    Anti McKays say that he's whining like a baby and isn't credible as a member of the 'best and brightest' group,
    Anti-Ronons say that he has nothing to do on the show, except for shooting someone once in a while,
    Anti-Teylas say that she dresses like a slut and her only purpose is to stand in the background and look pretty,
    Anti-Weirs say that she was too inexperienced in military matter to lead Atlantis,
    Anti-Carters say that she came to Atlantis, but left her brain at the SGC,
    Anti-Kellers say that she's too young to be credible for that kind of skill and qualification (not to mention the constant whining) and
    Anti-Becketts criticise him for the Mengele-like experiments on the Wraith,

but in all my time on GW.net, I've NEVER read one word against Zelenka. In fact, Keller, Carter, McKay and Gero were massively dissed after ep. Trio
    Spoiler:
    I've actually seen a girl adding the line "Radek can sniff my hair any day" to her signature

That is a measure of how universally liked Zelenka is

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post

Anti-Sheppards say that he should be in prison for repeated affronts to military law,
      Anti McKays say that he's whining like a baby and isn't credible as a member of the 'best and brightest' group,
      Anti-Ronons say that he has nothing to do on the show, except for shooting someone once in a while,
      Anti-Teylas say that she dresses like a slut and her only purpose is to stand in the background and look pretty,
      Anti-Weirs say that she was too inexperienced in military matter to lead Atlantis,
      Anti-Carters say that she came to Atlantis, but left her brain at the SGC,
      Anti-Kellers say that she's too young to be credible for that kind of skill and qualification (not to mention the constant whining) and
      Anti-Becketts criticise him for the Mengele-like experiments on the Wraith,

but in all my time on GW.net, I've NEVER read one word against Zelenka. In fact, Keller, Carter, McKay and Gero were massively dissed after ep. Trio
      Spoiler:
      I've actually seen a girl adding the line "Radek can sniff my hair any day" to her signature

you cant fault him! yeah same with pic of weir from sunday episode
      New thread for all Kate Hewlett/Jeanie Miller fans and thunkers

Stargate Atlantis "Star Trekking"

Spoiler:
      *Smashes console with fists*
      "COOL IT CHEWIE!!!!! those buttons are your friends!!"

Thank you WingedPegasus

Comment

Spoiler:

Actually, I have found an occasional Zelenka diss and I laugh because it is typically someone who has a problem with his accent, not realizing that David is Czech, well Canadian/Czech, and has spent a few years living in the Czech Republic so he has refined his accent and his home language quite well.

Welcome to the thread gateship777!

sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          I always think he looks like ET in that pic
          ET? Really?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
            Actually, I have found an occasional Zelenka diss and I laugh because it is typically someone who has a problem with his accent, not realizing that David is Czech, well Canadian/Czech, and has spent a few years living in the Czech Republic so he has refined his accent and his home language quite well.
            That I'd like to see

Comment

That I'd like to see
              It's been awhile so the threads/posts - don't remember which, are somewhere in the land where threads with no activity go. Joe Mallozzi also told a story last year sometime about a fan complaining about Zelenka's accent and Joe set the person, won't call the person a fan, straight. Since then, I haven't seen anyone dissing his accent.

Sometimes people like to complain about something just to see if they can get others riled up which is why I am guessing the person(s) were dissing Zelenka's lovely, lovely accent.

Zelenka is definitely one of the most beloved Characters I have seen on TV in a very long time! And it is fun being one of his fans!

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the thread gateship777!

thanks for welcome! how dare they! love his accent

and your sig picture, i never seen him like that before
                New thread for all Kate Hewlett/Jeanie Miller fans and thunkers

Stargate Atlantis "Star Trekking"

Spoiler:
                *Smashes console with fists*
                "COOL IT CHEWIE!!!!! those buttons are your friends!!"

Thank you WingedPegasus

Comment

Originally posted by gateship777 View Post
                  how dare they! love his accent
                  LOL. That's what I said!

and your sig picture, i never seen him like that before
                  Only the middle picture is Zelenka. The other two are some of David's professional headshots pics. David can pull off many different looks very well!
                  sigpic

Comment

ET? Really?
                    Yeah, the light on the finger thing

Comment

Yeah, the light on the finger thing
                      Okay, now I make the connection! I just wasn't thinking of ET's light on the finger in quite the same way as I was thinking how Radek was using it towards McKay.
                      sigpic

Comment

I can see radek doing that but not TPTB letting them on camera tho

Comment

I can see radek doing that but not TPTB letting them on camera tho
                          Yeah, I could see Radek doing that too! *snickers* at least with Rodney!
                          Sometimes it's more fun to leave it unsaid, just implied.
                          sigpic

Comment

Night, night!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Night, night!

Spoiler:

I like Radek's face in the last one that's his "I'm so much better at this than you are but will you listen, noooooooooo"

Comment

I like this pic!

And this one!

Yummy!
                                hey hey. I just browsed through this thread and I like the many pictures of Zelenka. Ive got one question: from which episode is the second picture? I thought it was "A Childhood's End" but I can't find it. Can you please help me?

Comment

Working...
                                X