• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    Read the spoilers for The Lost Tribe
    Spoiler:
    Looks like Gero will try to make Zelenka look like paedophile
    I don't think even TPTB would got that far for a ratings grab, remeber, this is America, that kind of thing would not be allowed to even be hinted at.

Is Lolita still a banned book out there? the only reason for banning it is it's complete rubbish as a novel and as a film too (I saw the original)

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus
      Read the spoilers for The Lost Tribe

Spoiler:
      :
      Looks like Gero will try to make Zelenka look like paedophile
      Pajus, there is absolutely no way you get that out of reading the spoilers.

Spoiler:
      If anything, Zelenka is going to feel uncomfortable working with a teen who may or may not be overconfident or possibly have a teen crush on him.

Here you go

Spoiler:
      Gero is the one, who tried to make Radek look like a hair-sniffing pervert in Trio
      Spoiler:
      I think the fans took the hair-sniffing the wrong way, not Gero. Mainly because we do not know the context that Zelenka made the comment in - it could have been during a physical exam when he would have been close to her and physical exams are not comfortable and people sometimes say stupid things when they feel uncomfortable. He could have accidently bumped into her, who knows. I personally can not see Zelenka's just going up to someone to sniff their hair and that's what a perv or someone who is joking around does. It's just a shame that Keller didn't tell the whole story.

We know that Keller was siding with McKay in front of Carter to look good so she would say anything to make Zelenka look bad, that is the stupid nature of petty competition.

And no, I didn't like the scene, I thought it was poorly written, however I refuse to believe that tptb would intentionally make Radek out to be a perv. Besides, I think it made Keller, McKay and Carter look worse then Radek.
      Last edited by Rosehawk; 07 May 2008, 07:18 PM.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        I don't think even TPTB would got that far for a ratings grab, remeber, this is America, that kind of thing would not be allowed to even be hinted at.
        I've seen American shows hint at it as long as it fits within a storyline. I can't see this as fitting into a SGA storyline.

And I don't think SGA is about making loveable characters like Zelenka into something that despicable. Leave that to the more intense drama shows like Battlestar Galactica where the writing does push boundaries more.

Originally posted by Reefgirl
        Is Lolita still a banned book out there? the only reason for banning it is it's complete rubbish as a novel and as a film too (I saw the original)
        I am guessing that Lolita is out of publication, official book banning doesn't really exist anymore. It's just that bookstores and businesses have the right to sell the type of books they want in their stores or have in the workplaces or libraries. And yes every now and then you see on the news where a person or group of indivduals does a book banning to get media attention but that doesn't make it official.

And now to something lovely to think about

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
          Spoiler:
          And no, I didn't like the scene, I thought it was poorly written, however I refuse to believe that tptb would intentionally make Radek out to be a perv. Besides, I think it made Keller, McKay and Carter look worse then Radek.
          Spoiler:
          There I agree with you. That scene made Keller look like a whiny baby (I'm not saying she wasn't one before), Carter looked even more foreign to SGA than before and McKay looked like an ungrateful 10 year old

Comment

Radek: ... and then you place your hand on the soft skin underneath and move your fingers until you feel trembling coming from the inside. That's all I can tell you. The rest you'll have to find out yourself. You should now be ready for your first night alone with Teyla, Colonel.

John: Thanks, Doc. You just saved me from a huge embarrasment
            LOL, thats our Radek!

That's a shame about the double entendre's they're the best bits of Improv stuff, still if you've gotta, you gotta
            I agree, they are the best bits.

Radek: Oh my goodness, Katie's either forgiven Rodney or Dr Parrish is in for a looooong lunch break

sigpic

Comment

I've seen American shows hint at it as long as it fits within a storyline. I can't see this as fitting into a SGA storyline.

And I don't think SGA is about making loveable characters like Zelenka into something that despicable. Leave that to the more intense drama shows like Battlestar Galactica where the writing does push boundaries more.

I am guessing that Lolita is out of publication, official book banning doesn't really exist anymore. It's just that bookstores and businesses have the right to sell the type of books they want in their stores or have in the workplaces or libraries. And yes every now and then you see on the news where a person or group of indivduals does a book banning to get media attention but that doesn't make it official.

And now to something lovely to think about
              Thanks for putting me straight

Rodney: OMG, Katie where did you get that Triffid from, Radek quick get the weed killer

Radek: Don't look at me, I did warn you that you had no idea about women but would you listen?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                Thanks for putting me straight
                No problem!

Rodney: OMG, Katie where did you get that Triffid from, Radek quick get the weed killer

Radek: Don't look at me, I did warn you that you had no idea about women but would you listen?
                Nice!

Ummmm and Zelenka is nice too!

sigpic

Comment

(Hope this works.)

"I'm sorry, ladies, I'm just not sure which new style of SGC-issued sleepwear I think is best. I'm afraid you'll each have to model them for me one more time."

Mallozzi responds to the pervy Zelenka fears on his blog tonight too: (Season 4 & 5 spoilers)

Spoiler:
                  "Gatelady writes: “There have been previous insinuations that Radek is a bit of a perv, with the “he sniffs my hair” etc. comments from Keller and Carter. Now you have him working alone with a 15 year old girl? Dudes! this is just sick. Seriously, what are you thinking?!?!?”

Answer: The bigger question is - What the hell are YOU thinking?!?!?"

So, I'm taking that as a good sign for Radek's reputation.

Seti
                  Last edited by SETI_fan; 09 May 2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                    "Gatelady writes: “There have been previous insinuations that Radek is a bit of a perv, with the “he sniffs my hair” etc. comments from Keller and Carter. Now you have him working alone with a 15 year old girl? Dudes! this is just sick. Seriously, what are you thinking?!?!?”

Seti
                    That statement fills me with hope, but I'm still preparing myself for the worst (remember: The episode will be written by Gero)

Comment

Radek: Here comes Katie

Rodney: Oh no, what has she got in her hand to hit me with now

Radek: A knuckle duster

Rodney

Radek: No, my mistake it's a ring, a very big diamond ring, Dr Parrish must be loaded

Rodney: WHAT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                        (Hope this works.)

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...enka219_01.jpg
                        "I'm sorry, ladies, I'm just not sure which new style of SGC-issued sleepwear I think is best. I'm afraid you'll each have to model them for me one more time."

Mallozzi responds to the pervy Zelenka fears on his blog tonight too:

Seti
                        a) Decisions, decisions - I'd like to vote for a sleepwear for our fellow scientists *cough*

b) Thank you for the Mallozzi quote. I don't think that we have to be afraid that there will be some too sick decision made.

*•~•*

I was out yesterday! In the middle of the week. I am good *g* (normally don't do something like that).

There was a lecture by Mark Benecke not far from my home. He is a forensic biologist and works around the world. He is quite known (for a biologist) and has worked for the german police as well as for or with the FBI and KGB.
                        Very interesting man (I mean, scientist in his late 30's, good looking, weird humour, listens to the same music I do.... ) and it was very great to see him talk.
                        He is able to remove the disgusting aspects from his cases, so that there is "only" a scientific question left ("Did the widow tell the truth about the reasons to dismember her husband with a chainsaw?") and then he illustrated the process of finding evidence and making conclusions so entertaining that 3 hours went like nothing.
                        The main case he talked about was a case of "self ignition", survived by the victim, in which he and his team found a cause for the strange phenomenon, and it was not paranormal
                        The cake is a lie!

Comment

(remember: The episode will be written by Gero)
                          I have a pal that looks like Gero...

*Nods head innocently*

Strange to say that I constantly have the peculiar urge to slap him...

(WARNING: Watch out Gero...)

Comment

I just saw an advert in our TV with David. It´s Czech, so it´s obviously also in Czech language but I am sure that no words are necessary

You can watch it here

Click on "TV Spot" on the left next to the big question mark.
                            And if you can´t find it:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Klenotka; 09 May 2008, 10:54 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

He was in an imodium advert???

Comment

Just judging by his hair: is that spot older or does he wear a wig?
                                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Working...
                                X