Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
    It made me angry, too. Rodney would never say he doesn´t like Zelenka, especially after Tao. And they worked so well together in few episodes of S4 (one of few good things about S4). Well, I guess it´s the consequence of their bad writing. Rodney is different in every episode.
    The scene was wrong, and how can Keller talk about Radek when she barely knows him? So does Carter. I like Martin Gero but this was bad joke.
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to Martin Gero's writing if I was you. The Siege III, Adrift and Be all my sins Remember'd contain the most horrible affronts to physics I have seen on SGA (and that says a lot)

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      She doesn't want to do it full time but she likes to help people and it'll give some useful knowledge and some respect
      That's true. My youth group all took the training last year. Here we have to take CPR training every year or two years, depending on which program/business you are taking the training from to keep certified.

Adults think it is really great that Teens want to learn and you are right, they do give them a bit more respect. Alot of adults are afraid to learn, to take on the responsiblity in case something does happens.

Hey folks, we need to keep Trio under spoiler tags in this thread when talking specifics about the episode.

Spoiler:

I agree the Zelenka bashing scene felt totally wrong. And I agree I think it is a joke that went badly wrong. They should have left it at the Rodney and Sam bantering, Keller's comments were so wrong and the worst comments I have ever seen another character say about another character because of the perceived impression it now gives.

It's one thing to have Zelenka be a bit odd, he's a geek after all but now alot of people think he is a perv on top of that. In Quaratine I thought it was kind of funny that he and Sam just didn't connect. Her hobbies are motorbikes and fast speeds, his are pidgeons. So her comments about being locked up with Zelenka for three hours I thought was funny, especially if they didn't have anything to talk about - I guess I have been in similar situations through work travels so I did find the humor in it.
      However Mckay saying he didn't like Zelenka when we know that he does and that he does respect Zelenka - Tao of Rodney - they tried to save it by saying it is all about competition, didn't work with me, I think it was more McKay's expression and excitment about Sam and Radek not connecting I think that bothered me more than then what he actually said cause we all know that McKay and Zelenka do compete alot and that McKay finds every opportunity to put Zelenka down. I suppose McKay was still jealous over Zelenka saving the day instead of him in Quarantine. And you right iolanda, he was probably a bit jealous that Zelenka was giving Keller a compliment - if it is all about competition to McKay then McKay would feel threaten by Zelenka's attention to Keller. And he was probably excited to find out that Keller didn't like the attention - stupid competition.

Keller's comments were just plain wrong and really gave people the wrong impression about Zelenka. I cringed when she used the word weird - that so doesn't describe Radek. They should have clarifed just how he smelled her hair which I am guessing is during Medical exams cause Radek has never shown any signs of stalking or chasing women. It's possible that Radek likes Keller but doesn't know how to express it so he gives her a compliment. I've met people who are uncomfortable with someone they like and give offhanded compliments like that.

I've been to the episode thread of Trio and the the majority of people that mentioned the scene were not happy with it at all.

TPTB really screwed this one up.
      Last edited by Rosehawk; 15 February 2008, 05:40 PM.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Some late night *thunkin* before heading off to sleep! Ah clones, send in the clones.....

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          The Zelenka bashing in Trio has come in for a lot a critisim from people on the Anti thread, people feel that as one of the most likable characters he didn't deserve it, I hope David takes a leave out of Torri Higginson's book and walks

Comment

Spoiler:
            The Zelenka bashing in Trio has come in for a lot a critisim from people on the Anti thread, people feel that as one of the most likable characters he didn't deserve it, I hope David takes a leave out of Torri Higginson's book and walks
            Spoiler:
            And then.. what?

How would that help the person David Nykl, married man, father of two children, actor in a business where everybody who is no great superstar is happy to be able to pay their bills?

Sorry, I just don't understand any Anti thread in this forums and generally just ignore them because they make me mad.

I hated the Zelenka thing, and I guess criticism is more than indicated for those special lines but to be against anything helps absolutely nothing.

Just my 2 cents.
            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
              Spoiler:
              And then.. what?

How would that help the person David Nykl, married man, father of two children, actor in a business where everybody who is no great superstar is happy to be able to pay their bills?

Sorry, I just don't understand any Anti thread in this forums and generally just ignore them because they make me mad.

I hated the Zelenka thing, and I guess criticism is more than indicated for those special lines but to be against anything helps absolutely nothing.

Just my 2 cents.
              Why don't you visit the Anti Threads? David's work doesn't exclusively revolve around Atlantis, if he left he wouldn't be out of work would he

Comment

Reason one: I am not "Anti".
                But I also don't visit the Pro sites.

There is no sense for me in a discussion when only one side is talking. From time to time in read in these threads - and I don't like the general tone in them. So I skip it and try to not let me influence about the things I like and the things I don't.

http://xkcd.com/185/ (hover with the mouse pointer over the picture to read the comment)

Oh and I want a season 5 with Zelenka. And a story arc. But thats another point.
                The cake is a lie!

Comment

People need somewhere to vent when the quality of SGA goes lower than bottom and trying to posting in any discussion thread when you are not GMG!!! this is the best thing EVAH is nigh on impossible so the Anti thread is where ANYONE who has the slightest disagreement with anything in SGA, be it plot character or story can say anything without the fear of being hounded out for not thinking everything SGA is moonlight and roses

Comment

OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    When it comes to discussion there are (for me) just better places than GW.

If you feel fine there - great for you! I would never judge someone who vents his anger on a forums - as long as I don't have to attend.

It's just not my world. My job is stress and permanent confrontation enough. Stargate is for me something I want to enjoy my free time with. I would hate it when that would stop (due to SG jumping the shark), but then its time to move on and do something else.
                    The cake is a lie!

Comment

Fair enough

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        Zelenka's character definitely didn't deserve it, especially the reference to creepy, that pi$$ed me off more than anything and I am trying to like Keller. First time something in SGA or in SG1 really got my feathers ruffled alot.

I am being a selfish fan here and would not want to see David leave. He is very talented and does get work, however it is hard to get to see some of his work as he does alot of theater as well and he truely has become one of my favorite actors. Just the range of his talents has simply amazed me as well as his sense of humor and I want to continue seeing as much of his work as possible.
                        Last edited by Rosehawk; 11 February 2008, 09:48 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                          http://xkcd.com/185/ (hover with the mouse pointer over the picture to read the comment)
                          Can I swipe, err borrow, err snurch this for my youth group?

Originally posted by iolanda
                          Oh and I want a season 5 with Zelenka. And a story arc. But thats another point.
                          I would love for them to give Radek a nice story, not the one they implied in Trio and not just as a secondary character for once. He's the only secondary to be on the show all 4 seasons and now 5 seasons. (That is until Carson's return later this season.) David has confirmed that he is in at least two of the first four of Season 5. I would love to see a Radek, Lorne and Chuck ep with a dash of Novak thrown in.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's about 6 below zero right now and that is a warm spell right now! Who cares, my Zelenka clone is keeping me warm!

*sigh*

Just gotta love the clones!

I'm on Zelenka heaven, Improv was so much fun tonight. I had been on a dry spell, not being able to push myself past boundaries. Last week was great and this week even better. Next time you see that great big glow from very far away, it's probably me being too embarassed to say what wants to come out of my mouth. Wonderful scene about a dating service, at one point my partner asked me how I can tell if a date is a man - I will leave that up to you to figure out why I turned beet red and started laughing with tears in my eyes. Apparently I turn a very bright shade of red when I am embarassed. Ah yes, bring in the Zelenka clone!

Night, night.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post

I would love for them to give Radek a nice story, not the one they implied in Trio and not just as a secondary character for once. He's the only secondary to be on the show all 4 seasons and now 5 seasons. (That is until Carson's return later this season.) David has confirmed that he is in at least two of the first four of Season 5. I would love to see a Radek, Lorne and Chuck ep with a dash of Novak thrown in.
                              I'd watch that episode if it was only Zelenka, Chuck and Lorne and someone else could write it

Comment

@Rosehawk:
                                Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                                Of course, it's not mine.
                                Authors not on the buttom of that page:
                                This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
                                This means you're free to copy and share these comics (but not to sell them).
                                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Working...
                                X