Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    Czech language is among the most complicated laguages on this planet. Very few people are willing to learn anything beyond swering, so it's refreshing to see one such as you
    Well, since I am actually not much into swearing unless I am really pi$$ed off or being really really silly, I don't need to learn the Czech swear words much

I just wish I had someone to practice speaking and listening to with. I can learn much better when listening the language actually being spoken.

I can take Russian, Spanish, German, French and Norweigan at work but no Czech which amazes me because my company does do some business in the Czech Republic.
    Last edited by Rosehawk; 04 January 2008, 11:01 PM.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      Well, since I am actually not much into swearing unless I am really pi$$ed off or being really really silly, I don't need to learn the Czech swear words much

I just wish I had someone to practice speaking and listening to with. I can learn much better when listening the language actually being spoken.

I can take Russian, Spanish, German, French and Norweigan at work but no Czech which amazes me because my company does do some business in the Czech Republic.
      Russian is kind of close to Czech

Comment

I know the basic politness in French and German, I really should try a bit harder

Comment

Ahoj!

I am a little bit back. Vacation was very relaxing. Days filled with playing games, walking at the beach, reading, doing sauna. No TV, no radio, no internet. Wounderful.

Now I am back at home, but I will help my sister on monday and tuesday, helping to renovate the house she and her family wants to move in at the end of february. At the moment its quite down to the bare brickwork in most rooms. I was there yesterday, when I drove back from NL. There is still much to be done, but my sister was happy that they slowly start to build smething up instead of destroing what has to be removed.

This evening I will be at a party and tomorrow is for preparing school which starts on wednesday (only 3 weeks until Peg 3 and SO much to do in school before the half term reports).
          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Sounds like a fun time

Comment

Zelenka quiz

My result:
              Perfect score! If you speak Czech, you might just be Radek Zelenka!

And the photo at the quiz is amazing:

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                Zelenka quiz

My result:

That makes two of us... Maybe I should tell you about the time when I translated a text book about particle physics

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                  Zelenka quiz

My result:

Wow, that's cool. It's about time they gave Radek some recognition, seems like the only secondary characters getting it has been Keller. I got a perfect score! No surprise there!

They must have just put that up cause I was on the site late last night, err rather early this morning checking out the "Get in the Gate Contest".

Photo is nice! Such lovely Zelenka *THUNKIN*

Radek was great last night in Be All My Sins Remembered. We won't see as much of him in the last half of the season. *sniffles*

Spoiler:
                  Some really nice moments as they were working on a problem together.

Really like the part when McKay was talking to Fran, watching Radek's expression in the background was hilarious and then when McKay said that they shouldn't have given her a voice, Radek's 'yeah' response was great!

Welcome back Iolanda! Has David been confirmed coming to Pega3? Some people said at another con he was planning on it but haven't seen anything about it.

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                  I know the basic politness in French and German, I really should try a bit harder
                  I've studied Spanish for several years but never really used it because after college and moving here I really didn't get a chance to practice the language. My daughter is taking spanish in school and I have found out just how rusty it is to remember all the different tenses! At least I can still roll my R's
                  Last edited by Rosehawk; 05 January 2008, 10:45 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

My mum took Adult classes in German and got herself some of those 'teach yourself in X weeks tapes' but I moved out before she finished them, I used to learn with her

Comment

Aaaagh, the one big Radek episode of the season that I have been looking forward to seeing is Quarantine and it is the one Friday night I won't be home.

Thank goodness for Itunes! Otherwise it will be a hit or miss whether Sci-fi will air the episode again before it goes into syndication.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                        Aaaagh, the one big Radek episode of the season that I have been looking forward to seeing is Quarantine and it is the one Friday night I won't be home.

Thank goodness for Itunes! Otherwise it will be a hit or miss whether Sci-fi will air the episode again before it goes into syndication.

Hope we'll get some more pics to cap.

PS: Do you think there will be a Zelenka/Carter thread after the episode airs? (I hope it won't)

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                          Hope we'll get some more pics to cap.

PS: Do you think there will be a Zelenka/Carter thread after the episode airs? (I hope it won't)
                          That'll upset the sam/Jack shippers

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                            Who cares about S/J shippers? The existence of the Z/W thread has upset some Sparky shippers and we survived

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              I don't think so. You can't upset us so easily. I don't feel upset about Sam/Cam and/or Sam/Daniel Threads at all. Or Jack/Daniel for that matter.

I believe that everybody can woo/thunk/ship/slash any character(s) as long as they keep it civil and don't insult other fans.

It should be all about the fun after all.
                              "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                                I don't think so. You can't upset us so easily. I don't feel upset about Sam/Cam and/or Sam/Daniel Threads at all. Or Jack/Daniel for that matter.

I believe that everybody can woo/thunk/ship/slash any character(s) as long as they keep it civil and don't insult other fans.

It should be all about the fun after all.
                                I wish everyone had your attitude

Comment

Working...
                                X