• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm...i may have to keep my eyes open on the websites
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      I'd love to go too but I've already splashed out on tickets to see Bon Jovi, again, and a radio show called I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue that's on tour
      Damn, I couldn't get Bon Jovi tickets this year.

Originally posted by iolanda
      I keep my fingers crossed!
      Thanks. I am at least having fun thinking about it!

I will keep my fingers crossed that he makes Peg3 for you!

Originally posted by SlytherinGal
      hmmm...i may have to keep my eyes open on the websites
      David usually announces them on his blog as well.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

If any of you guys end up going, you're so lucky!! I wish he would come to Australia then I could see him...I need a job.

~AB

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Beckett View Post
          If any of you guys end up going, you're so lucky!! I wish he would come to Australia then I could see him...I need a job.

~AB
          He's been to Australia twice, so there is a good chance he will come back again.

I was watching Echos tonight!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
            Damn, I couldn't get Bon Jovi tickets this year.
            I was on the phone as soon as the ticket went on sale, mind you I'm at one of the smaller venues so Tickets were easy to get

Comment

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 1500th post!!!!

My newest Radek fanfiction is here. It's the 2nd chapter of "How it should have been". Please note the content warnings. And one more thing: Radek gets killed
              Last edited by Pajus; 27 December 2007, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 1500th post!!!!

My newest Radek fanfiction is here. It's the 2nd chapter of "How it should have been". Please note the content warnings. And one more thing: Radek gets killed
                Nice shot but you're wrong

Spoiler:
                The description in adrift is physically right. Space suites are designed to keep the pressure. Imagine a rubber hot-water bottle in a firm wrappes coating. Its not the rubber with holds the pressure, but the coating. If you fill that bottle with water and make a small hole in it the coating will hold the hole closed and only a little bit of water will drip out.

Its the same with the space suit. Sheppard even says, that he puts up the pressure, so there is no harm for Radek.

There is a nice article about the too fast dieing in space:
                http://cinemaspy.ca/article.php?id=271
                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Congrats on the posting Pajus

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                    I was on the phone as soon as the ticket went on sale, mind you I'm at one of the smaller venues so Tickets were easy to get
                    They made ticket scalping legal here so I didn't even try this time cause I knew I couldn't get on the phone right away to get tickets. People are buying tickets for concerts so fast only to resale them for significantly higher prices. As much as I love Bon Jovi - he really puts on one hell of a great concert - it was not worth the hassle or the price I would have ended up paying. Last time I got the tickets through my workplace and now they don't have that option anymore because Bon Jovi is so popular again!

Though my daughter did try to get me tickets for my Christmas present.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                      Nice shot but you're wrong

Spoiler:
                      The description in adrift is physically right. Space suites are designed to keep the pressure. Imagine a rubber hot-water bottle in a firm wrappes coating. Its not the rubber with holds the pressure, but the coating. If you fill that bottle with water and make a small hole in it the coating will hold the hole closed and only a little bit of water will drip out.

Its the same with the space suit. Sheppard even says, that he puts up the pressure, so there is no harm for Radek.

There is a nice article about the too fast dieing in space:
                      http://cinemaspy.ca/article.php?id=271
                      Oops... Mistake on my part. I guess I listened a bit too much to Eugene Cernan (Or at least I think it was Eugene Cernan). So it's okay when there are two bullet-sized holes in the coating
                      Last edited by Pajus; 27 December 2007, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Oops... Mistake on my part. I guess I listened a bit too much to Eugene Cernan (Or at least I think it was Eugene Cernan). So it's okay when there are two bullet-sized holes in the coating
                        Oops aside, it was very well written Pajus! (Need spoiler tags )

Spoiler:
                        And now we learned something new, thanks iolanda. I was wondering how Radek didn't have more serious complications from his spacesuit during Adrift.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                          Oops aside, it was very well written Pajus! (Need spoiler tags )

Spoiler:
                          And now we learned something new, thanks iolanda. I was wondering how Radek didn't have more serious complications from his spacesuit during Adrift.
                          Spoiler:
                          I wanted to concentrate on the scientific reality. If this is not accurate, I'll delete the story.

PS: I haven't noticed anything about living with two bullet-sized holes in a spacesuit for 15 minutes in the article you have provided, Iolanda
                          Last edited by Pajus; 27 December 2007, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I wanted to concentrate on the scientific reality. If this is not accurate, I'll delete the story.

PS: I haven't noticed anything about living with two bullet-sized holes in a spacesuit for 15 minutes in the article you have provided, Iolanda
                            Spoiler:
                            Its more about the effects being in space without a spacesuit - look on page 2 of the article. Even with a too big hole the effects Radek would have had been exposed to would have been different to those written in your story.
                            Sorry
                            But it's well written, nor argue on that.

Now I will be really away - tomorrow I'll be far,far away from any internet for a week.
                            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Its more about the effects being in space without a spacesuit - look on page 2 of the article. Even with a too big hole the effects Radek would have had been exposed to would have been different to those written in your story.
                              Sorry
                              But it's well written, nor argue on that.

Now I will be really away - tomorrow I'll be far,far away from any internet for a week.
                              I've read the article cover to cover and it didn't tell me anything new. I have noticed something about people being exposed to hard vacuum, but these people didn't have bullet-sized holes in their legs. Still, deleting the story now and have a safe trip
                              Last edited by Pajus; 27 December 2007, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Have a safe trip and have a Happy New Year iolanda!

Have a little Zelenka *thunk* before you go.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X