Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    First: Military service in the Czech Republic is no longer obligatory. I've got to be in the last batch and it was cancelled after six months.

Now. When you are a man 17 years of age, you'll receive a drafting notice sometime in december (or June). You fill out the paperwork attached to it and go with the notice to the regional military directorate within 14 days after receiving the notice. In April (October) of the following year, you'll receive another letter telling you when and where you are supposed to go to the drafting committee. They examine you medically (eyesight, hearing, allergies, ...) and pronounce you either fit or not fit for military service. Students could have the service postponed by one year to complete secondary school. When you are pronounced fit for duty, you'll receive a notice about two months later, telling you where and when to go.

In case you want to use this in a fanfiction, please bear in mind that Radek is almost 20 years older than me. Back then they didn't take only those, who couldn't so much as carry a rifle, let alone fire it (including John Sheppard). And even they were subjected to detailed medical testing. And the time you spend in a brig doesn't count as active duty and you'd have to serve over-time for it (meaning Sheppard would probably serve until the end of his days)

Evading obligatory military service was a full-fledged crime and was punished with (I think, can't remember exactly) 2 years of prison
    Thanks Pajus. At least we know that Radek can handle a gun better than Rodney!

Spoiler:
    [IMG]

sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      I wish I could. Don't have time. Just got home from work and now have to head out again for a meeting.

Class was sooooooo much fun. Wish I had had time to go out for the beer afterwards with some of the class.

Okay, I am spilling abit while I wait for my daughter to get ready.

We got to pick some of our favorite stuff to do and learn a few new games in the process. We did so many different things and everyone was really energized.

We had to do one game where it starts out with "Love is like......fill in an object, place, thing, etc." and then we had to associate the object with "Love is like". This game can get quite interesting and can get very dirty very quickly.
      Teach can always tell when I am going to say something naughty cause I start turning red before I say it. This time I didn't start laughing, or smiling, I just used a sweet innocent tone and after I said it - and NO, I can't repeat it on-line- everybody was OMG, did she just say that and then they started laughing. My delivery was perfect - so sweet and innocent! What I was said was cute and no bad words were used, it just had a double meaning...*thunk* Think I have had lots of practice with double meanings on this thread!
      It's good to know all the smut in this thread is good for something

Spoiler:
      [IMG]

I've noticed a few 'Rear Veiw' shots creeping in Rosehawk

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post

WATCH OUT!!! HERE COMES ANOTHER TIDAL WAVE OF DROOL!!!

Comment

I must admit he does look good from the back

Comment

Spoiler:
            I don't want to scare you, Rosehawk, but I think you might want to prepare yourself for Radek being the next kill-off of Atlantis
            Spoiler:

The effects in this scene look a lot like gunfire

Comment

Spoiler:
              I don't want to scare you, Rosehawk, but I think you might want to prepare yourself for Radek being the next kill-off of Atlantis
              Spoiler:

Spoiler:
              Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
              I was always afraid, that they would kill off Zelenka. Hope this doen't really happen!

From which episode is the picture?
              Last edited by iolanda; 19 December 2007, 10:14 AM. Reason: Typo
              The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                Spoiler:
                Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
                I was always afraud, that they would kill off Zelenka. Hope this doen't really happen!

From which episode is the picture?
                Spoiler:
                2nd half of Season 4. No more specifics

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Oh! I hope they don't kill Radek!
                  sigpic

Hurrah for a Fifth Season of Stargate: Atlantis!

Comment

Hey, I got photos from Utopia convention recently.
                    I have mine with David (it was great) but it is dark. I took the picture by my digital camera, so it´s not scanned. I usually don´t look that idiotic but next to David...no wonder.

Spoiler for size:
                    Spoiler:

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      Radek is not getting killed off, so don't be spreading rumors.
                      I can't tell what episode that picture is from but I suspect that it is from Quarantine cause that looks like one of the elevators or whatever they call those tranporter rooms and possibly Sam in the background. I know that Radek gets hurt really bad in Quarantine, and for all his pain he also saves the day in Quarantine.
                      We're just getting more Zelenka whump this season, that's all.
                      Last edited by Rosehawk; 19 December 2007, 07:41 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's good to know all the smut in this thread is good for something
                        Yes, this thread has certainly help to stimulate the creativity!
                        I am just glad you can't see my face time when I am posting the PG smutty stuff. I do sometimes turn red and then I start laughing at myself when I do!

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                        Well, did you really expect me to focus on his lovely eyes and smile all the time in a *thunk* thread?!

I must admit he does look good from the back
                        Yes, he does, doesn't he!

Spoiler:

I would love to see Radek dressed in a black long sleeve t-shirt and black pants sometime. Oh he would be so................... ***sqeeeeeeeeeeeee***
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                          Hey, I got photos from Utopia convention recently.
                          I have mine with David (it was great) but it is dark. I took the picture by my digital camera, so it´s not scanned. I usually don´t look that idiotic but next to David...no wonder.

Spoiler for size:
                          Spoiler:
                          Really nice picture Klenotka. You look nice and so does he!

Thanks for sharing!
                          sigpic

Comment

David has a holiday message and video up. I haven't gone back in the thread to see if anyone posted about it yet, so sorry if this is a repeat.

Hee, looks like he's chewing gum. And they say that's an American thing...

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Yes, this thread has certainly help to stimulate the creativity!
                              I am just glad you can't see my face time when I am posting the PG smutty stuff. I do sometimes turn red and then I start laughing at myself when I do!
                              I know what you mean. I can only write my Smut Fics at night, when I'm off work as I need a couple of drinks inside me to get it all down on screen. It took me 3 days of procrastinating to get the last part of my Ski Jumping slash written, that's how embarrassed I was

Well, did you really expect me to focus on his lovely eyes and smile all the time in a *thunk* thread?!
                              And what a lovely view it is too

Spoiler:

I would love to see Radek dressed in a black long sleeve t-shirt and black pants sometime. Oh he would be so................... ***sqeeeeeeeeeeeee***
                              I agree with you there

Comment

I know what you mean. I can only write my Smut Fics at night, when I'm off work as I need a couple of drinks inside me to get it all down on screen. It took me 3 days of procrastinating to get the last part of my Ski Jumping slash written, that's how embarrassed I was
                                LOL. I'm so glad it isn't just me!
                                Though now after writing some smut and then doing Improv, at least with smut you don't have to see the faces of the people reading, with Improv, you just can't hide. I started laughing so hard after I delivered the punch line because I was so embarassed that I had tears in my eyes and my stomach was hurting. The Teach was making it worse because she was using it as an example in class and she was laughing really hard as well.
                                Our whole night in class was like that! Just about everyone got to have a fun moment like mine. It's great when everyone justs clicks!

And what a lovely view it is too
                                He's just so cute from all views!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X