Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, David!

I'm a big fan of yours and I'd like to ask you...

... Yours truly

Amanda Beckett

Keep it simple. It's like writing fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      Keep it simple. It's like writing fanfiction
      But without the smut

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        But without the smut
        Hopefully
        The cake is a lie!

Comment

You haven't read a lot of my stuff have you?

Comment

To be honest - I haven't read any of your stuff *blushes*
            I was just referring to, that smut in a letter to David wouldn't be too... ah well *g*

Can you recommend something for a start? I only wrote two FFs and both come *surprise surprise* in german..
            The cake is a lie!

Comment

It depends on a lot of things, what your ship interests are if you want to write romance, who your favourite character is, do you like to see them get whumped, can you write sex and make it tasteful. My advice is have a go at all genres and see which one you like best, I can honestly say I've had a go at all of them, including slash.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Beckett View Post
                Awesome smileys, super-cute. I still haven't figured out what I will say in the email... I'm really bad at writing letters to people in general, maybe if someone could give me some ideas for an opening sentence??

~AB
                "Hi David, how are you doing?" Always works well!

It's hard to give advice on what to write because for each one of us it would be different. Just think about what it is you want to say to David. What is it about David and his work that you enjoy? Have you seen some of his other work? David's gained popularity because of Zelenka; however, he has been in the business for over 20 years and done alot of other things. People like to be complimented on their work. If you are still watching SGA and saw something that you like that Zelenka/David did, tell him how much you enjoyed the scene or the show!

And don't forget to tell him Thank you for all his hard work!

Last edited by Rosehawk; 13 December 2007, 07:20 PM.
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I don't wanna drive anymore!!!

I had a bad day at my lesson on Tuesday.

I nearly knocked down a man (Who jumped out of the door of a lorry and in front of my car making me swerve)

I nearly hit an approaching lorry (Instructor made me go through the teeny gap )

I then nearly hit a car that zoomed in behind the lorry (I will not say the words that left my mouth)

I then turned the corner and hit the curb (Another dose of bad language)

I forgot to brake before emerging (My instructor provided the language) and nearly hit another car.

I then did the lap again, hit the curb but braked before emerging and didnt nearly hit any vehicles.

Anywho, no more lessons until Feb.

Watched Atlantis the other night
                  Spoiler:
                  and caught the reference to Beckett in the dialogue between Rodney and Radek.

I was nearly sobbing and squeed when Rodney thanked Radek.

Comment

Get the worst bits out of the way first, or take a bus

Comment

I've only had two lessons and I'm already at independent within one area with another area catching up.

I can go into third gear, I can turn full corners, I can brake without stalling...

I can do the cockpit drill like I own it.

Comment

Not bad at all

Comment

Sorry your driving lesson was so rough Allestian. I am trying to get my daughter out behind the wheel to drive. She's nervous about it and keeps coming up with excuses not to go out. She's now run out of excuses so it will be interesting.

Maybe a thunk with this guy will make things feel better!

Mortal Coil
                          Spoiler:
                          That was a really nice scene between Radek and Rodney. Said alot about their friendship. Radek asking Rodney if he wanted coffee, after all the other stuff was said, Rodney saying no and then adding a heartfelt thanks to Radek was very very nice!
                          sigpic

Comment

Do you know Radek is the only European left in Atlantis now, on the regular list anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              Do you know Radek is the only European left in Atlantis now, on the regular list anyway
                              Woah, really?....... Wow, you're right!. They sure are getting away from the International emphasis unless you count Ronan and Teyla!

Shame, I always wished they would do an episode where all the International differences, customs, etc. would make communications difficult. If done right it could be serious and funny.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                                Woah, really?....... Wow, you're right!. They sure are getting away from the International emphasis unless you count Ronan and Teyla!
                                Yep Zelenka is the only one left, Grodin's dead and so is Beckett and that German woman from Duet was never seen again

Comment

Working...
                                X