• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad I didn't have time to visit the Czech con he did in july

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      Too bad I didn't have time to visit the Czech con he did in july
      He'll probably be back next summer! Maybe you can go then!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        He'll probably be back next summer! Maybe you can go then!
        Maybe

Comment

Hopefully its not a rumor!

You guys in Europe, Australia and New Zealand are lucky, David goes to the cons all over there. He's only been here in the States once!
          A friend talked to him yesterday in Manchester. Looks as if it is a little bit more than a rumour She isn't too excited, because she saw him last week in Germany, this week in Manchester and in January in London, and maybe even again in Vancouver but I am happy to meet him at all and I'll try give him his coke personally

It looks as if David tries to get some conventions in the states, at least he wrote in his blog:

Originally posted by http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com/2007/09/almost-there.html
          ...and I'm still working on getting some together Stateside.
          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Unfortunatly I don't have the time to go to the Pegasus Con

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
              A friend talked to him yesterday in Manchester. Looks as if it is a little bit more than a rumour She isn't too excited, because she saw him last week in Germany, this week in Manchester and in January in London, and maybe even again in Vancouver but I am happy to meet him at all and I'll try give him his coke personally
              The only person they have on the website at the moment is Paul. Those two are great together so you guys are in for a real treat! I got to meet Paul and he was simply fantastic, very down to Earth and fan friendly but not feeling too well so he didn't mingle with the fans much. Though I got a really big hug from him at breakfast and apparently from my photo op it looks like I gave him a really big hug as well.

Originally posted by iolanda
              It looks as if David tries to get some conventions in the states, at least he wrote in his blog:
              I don't have my hopes up too high. In three years he still has only been to one convention in the States. He did ask for some suggestions from the fans and I know he got some and will check up on them, so we will see. If he goes to Dragoncon and those are the fans asking the loudest, I can't go because that is labor day weekend and school starts the day after the convention ends, plus it is 1700 miles away during a busy time. Personally I like the smaller conventions better and DragonCon is huge!

The other problem is getting one closer to home, the States is big and travel can be a problem with stuff going on in my home life, not too mention, rather expensive.

sigpic

Comment

The only person they have on the website at the moment is Paul. Those two are great together so you guys are in for a real treat! I got to meet Paul and he was simply fantastic, very down to Earth and fan friendly but not feeling too well so he didn't mingle with the fans much. Though I got a really big hug from him at breakfast and apparently from my photo op it looks like I gave him a really big hug as well.

I don't have my hopes up too high. In three years he still has only been to one convention in the States. He did ask for some suggestions from the fans and I know he got some and will check up on them, so we will see. If he goes to Dragoncon and those are the fans asking the loudest, I can't go because that is labor day weekend and school starts the day after the convention ends, plus it is 1700 miles away during a busy time. Personally I like the smaller conventions better and DragonCon is huge!

The other problem is getting one closer to home, the States is big and travel can be a problem with stuff going on in my home life, not too mention, rather expensive.

Post some suggestions and maybe you'll get your photo with him one day

Comment

America is sooo huge.... 1700 miles.... And I had problems going to Bad Salzdetfurth last weekend because it is 350 km away, but I would had to drive them by car and so I decided not to. It looks as if it is easier for me to fly to England (the airports of Cologne and Frankfurt/Main are about 1 hour driving away from here) than attend a Con elsewhere in Germany. And school is a problem for me too, since I can't take a day off.

I keep my fingers crossed that there will be a nice convention for you with David, soon
                  The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                    Post some suggestions and maybe you'll get your photo with him one day
                    I was one of the fans who gave David a suggestion other than DragonCon. There is a small fan run con not far from here. Being in the Midwest it is more centrally located in the States and near the biggest shopping mall in the country. The mall also has an amusement park and swimming park amoung a few other fun things to do. There is also a ski resort only a few miles down the road so there is plenty for people to do.

I haven't been to the con before, but I am going to check it out this year.

I am having fun being a fan of David's but I have learn in life to not expect much and then be pleasantly surprised if it happens. Like the video and the autograph that Jules got me a few weeks ago so totally unexpected and so wonderfully priceless! Okay I did expect the autograph but not the kind words that David wrote! Priceless, simply priceless for a fan!

sigpic

Comment

America is sooo huge.... 1700 miles.... And I had problems going to Bad Salzdetfurth last weekend because it is 350 km away, but I would had to drive them by car and so I decided not to. It looks as if it is easier for me to fly to England (the airports of Cologne and Frankfurt/Main are about 1 hour driving away from here) than attend a Con elsewhere in Germany. And school is a problem for me too, since I can't take a day off.
                      America is beautiful but it is huge and travel can be expensive unless there is time to plan and save for it.

What are you studying in school?

I keep my fingers crossed that there will be a nice convention for you with David, soon
                      Thanks! It would be cool to meet him. Until then, I am having fun appreciating his work from afar!
                      I think I would get so tongue-tied from embarassment if I did meet him- I know I thunk Zelenka, whether he does know or not doesn't matter and probably best if he doesn't know since he likes to tease his fans - so I know I would turn beet red meeting him!
                      Last edited by Rosehawk; 18 November 2007, 03:30 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I do not study, I teach mathematics and physics at the German school kind "Gymnasium". This is the school kind leading to the Abitur which allows studying at universities.

I have never been to America, I even wasn't outside Europe once, but the day will come
                        The cake is a lie!

Comment

I think I've to correct you a little bit ...

I met him in February (Peg 2), in Bad Salzdetfurth (last weekend, Crossroads) and yesterday and today in Manchester ... so it will be actually a little bit odd to meet him again in London at P 3 and then again in Vancouver (IF he comes) ... 5 times in a row?? Hey, how does this sound?? But anyway, he's always a nice guy to talk to ... so *what the hell* as long as he puts Chuck into his hand baggage ... no problem

And he is really, really cute and so funny!!! But maybe we'll have some trouble to meet him ever again ...
                          ... unless somebody rescues him ...
                          Spoiler:
                          This really is my picture of the day!!!!
                          Last edited by Chayiana; 18 November 2007, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayiana View Post
                            I think I'v to correct you a little bit ...

I met him in February (Peg 2), in Bad Salzdetfurth (last weekend, Crossroads) and yesterday and today in Manchester ... so it will be actually a little bit odd to meet him again in London at P 3 and then again in Vancouver ... 5 times in a row?? Hey, how does this sound?? But anyway, he's always a nice guy to talk to ... so *what the hell* as long as he puts Chuck into his hand baggage ... no problem

And he is really, really cute and so funny!!! But maybe we'll have some trouble to meet him ever again ...
                            ... unless somebody rescues him ...
                            Spoiler:
                            This really is my picture of the day!!!!
                            Spoiler:
                            I hope your lightsabers are ready, Rosehawk

Comment

I do not study, I teach mathematics and physics at the German school kind "Gymnasium". This is the school kind leading to the Abitur which allows studying at universities.
                              Wow, your guys school system is so different then ours here. What is the Abitur? Do all kids have to go through it if they want to study at the universities?

I have never been to America, I even wasn't outside Europe once, but the day will come
                              Someday and hopefully you will have alot of fun when you do! There so much to see and visit both in Europe and in America!

I've been to England, Scotland and Wales and just loved my visit there. I wanted to go to Germany, I have alot of family history there but I couldn't work it into the trip. So someday I hope to make it to Germany as well and if I go to Germany, I definitly have to go to the Czech Republic!

Welcome Chayiana! That pic is so cute! Let's hope that David gets rescued soon! Are you planning a rescue mission Pajus?!

Oh, crap, my lightsabers, got to finish putting it together. I am holding the delicate jewels in my hands right now! Just got to finish attaching them inside the base of the lightsaber blade.

sigpic

Comment

Is it something like our Sixth Form College's

Comment

Working...
                                X