No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasnt there due to exhaustion and stress - anyone interested in the autograph a friend got me and the story (so far) behind?
    The cake is a lie!

Comment

Fire away

Comment

In my autumn holidays I visited a friend who lives in Bavaria about 60 km away from the Czech border and we went to CZ (its a pity I never really visited your country, but one day, I swear it! I ever wanted to go to visit Praha!) one day, shopping

On that day I was still sure that I will be at the Crossroads, though I had no ticket, and I saw this nice Coke tins with Czech writing on them (I hope its Czech, at least the half *g*), and I thought that that would be a nice, little gift.

So I had the tins
        And then came Collectormania and after that the deeper insight, that doing my job and getting rid of the cold I had for about 3 weeks would be better than driving around half Germany and attend that Con.

I am really sorry that I missed it, but then I slept 21 hours last weekend, and I see that as my body telling me that I did the right thing.

A friend of mine was at the Crossroads and she told David my whole sad story. Yeah, and that is the result:

Spoilers for size:

Spoiler:

Hi David!
        Here it is:

The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
          In my autumn holidays I visited a friend who lives in Bavaria about 60 km away from the Czech border and we went to CZ (its a pity I never really visited your country, but one day, I swear it! I ever wanted to go to visit Praha!) one day, shopping

On that day I was still sure that I will be at the Crossroads, though I had no ticket, and I saw this nice Coke tins with Czech writing on them (I hope its Czech, at least the half *g*), and I thought that that would be a nice, little gift.

So I had the tins
          And then came Collectormania and after that the deeper insight, that doing my job and getting rid of the cold I had for about 3 weeks would be better than driving around half Germany and attend that Con.

I am really sorry that I missed it, but then I slept 21 hours last weekend, and I see that as my body telling me that I did the right thing.

A friend of mine was at the Crossroads and she told David my whole sad story. Yeah, and that is the result:

Spoilers for size:

Spoiler:

Hi David!
          Here it is:

The upper one is Czech alright. The lower one is Slovakian. I can't see the first words, but it ends with '... to those, who live where they actually like it'

Comment

I can't make all the accents but it reads: "Tleskejme tem, kteri bydli tam, kde se jim libi."
            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              You are going to be missed, my young Apprentice
              Thanks Pajus. Looks like I missed alot last night!

Originally posted by Reefgirl
              I won't say have fun Rosehawk, because it's a business trip but do enjoy yourself a little

The pics are great
              Thanks! I actually ended up having a really really good time! Unusual for a business trip in a very very very small town. Our tour guide (for lack of a better word) took us bar hopping after dinner and I drank more different beers last night then I have in a very long time. And ooooohh they were soooooo good!
              I had to do something cause I couldn't do any Zelenka *thunkin*
              Went on a manufacturing tour today and I learned alot and met some really neat people that I will be working with now.

Originally posted by Allestian
              Add that to my now received coursework and my portfolio may just be half decent.
              Good job. You need some Zelenka whumpin! Oh but which pic, which one indeed

]
              I actually have one whump picture you would like, but it is so graphic with the nasty wound that some might think it is a tad bit too gross to post.

Originally posted by Iiolanda
              Heyho!

I just decided that I will look around here a little bit from now on.

Hello everyone!
              Welcome. And nice autograph. David is so nice to his fans!
              Last edited by Rosehawk; 13 November 2007, 04:22 PM.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by hastiekido View Post

hi all!

I don't visit this thread, but I know Rosie hangs out here ( Jules told me) and a friend went to the wolf crossroads con.
                She took some lovely pic of David that I wanna drop here for Rosie and the rest...
                OMG hastiekido Thanks so much! These are soooooooo great! Thanks so much for thinking of us! Ohhh, I'm snurching them all!

If I could give you and Jules a hug I would! This is the best I can do!

Hummm, that shirt looks kind of nice on David!

Originally posted by Pajus
                To everyone, who wants to post new pictures of DN on this thread: Post some drool buckets. Last time Jules was here, we had a minor flooding
                Forget the drool buckets. With pics like this, you need to build a drool dam cause it is flooded over here!
                Last edited by Rosehawk; 13 November 2007, 04:25 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah! Celebrating my 5000th post with David!

Bring out the beer! Drinks for everyone! Ummm only if you are 21 or over!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post

Yeah! Celebrating my 5000th post with David!

Bring out the beer! Drinks for everyone! Ummm only if you are 21 or over!

Congrats on the 5000th post. Poor Allestian

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                      I can't make all the accents but it reads: "Tleskejme tem, kteri bydli tam, kde se jim libi."
                      That would be "Let's applaud to those, who live here they actually like it"

Thanks Pajus. Looks like I missed alot last night!

Thanks! I actually ended up having a really really good time! Unusual for a business trip in a very very very small town. Our tour guide (for lack of a better word) took us bar hopping after dinner and I drank more different beers last night then I have in a very long time. And ooooohh they were soooooo good!
                      I had to do something cause I couldn't do any Zelenka *thunkin*
                      Went on a manufacturing tour today and I learned alot and met some really neat people that I will be working with now.
                      So glad to hear you had a good time, my young Apprentice. Hope you didn't have too much - lightsabers constructed by drunk Padawans usually explode
                      Last edited by Pajus; 13 November 2007, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the 5000th post. Poor Allestian
                        Thanks.

LOL. Well for Allestian, we can pretend it is rootbeer!
                        sigpic

Comment

So glad to hear you had a good time, my young Apprentice. Hope you didn't have too much - lightsabers constructed by drunk Padawans usually explode
                          Well I didn't get drunk, just felt the beer buzz and I most definitely did not bring my lightsaber to work on with me. Lightsabers and co-workers do not mix too well! (No sci-fi fans in the group.)

Course, Zelenka thunkin doesn't go to well with co-workers either!

Yes Radek, really!
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks.

LOL. Well for Allestian, we can pretend it is rootbeer!
                            What is rootbeer?

Comment

Bar hopping, a good move on a business trip

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                                Bar hopping, a good move on a business trip
                                I think I'm the only one here, who ever had a job, that requiered me to go to the pub, get drunk and be paid for it

Comment

Working...
                                X