X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
    I am doomed...

*Cries*

My university got back to me saying that they wanted to interview me.

But there are problems:
    • I can give them my scripts - but I only have one script apart from an Atlantis one...
    • I can show them my films - but they are only made through webcam and therefore are not professional enough...
    • I can show them my coursework - which would be the only reliable piece I could give...
    PS: My dad gave me 15 pages of German text he needs translated tomorrow and it looks like those Germans who wrote the text didn't use spellcheck on their computers, making the translation 5 times as hard as it would've normally been

Comment

S'ok Rosehawk

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
        PS: My dad gave me 15 pages of German text he needs translated tomorrow and it looks like those Germans who wrote the text didn't use spellcheck on their computers, making the translation 5 times as hard as it would've normally been
        Here, maybe Radek can help!

sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
          Here, maybe Radek can help!

Sprechen Sie Deutsch, Radekklon?

Comment

Sprechen Sie Deutsch, Radekklon?
            Excuse me, what did you say?

Radek usually doesn't have a problem with communication but then again he doesn't have to speak to communicate!

sigpic

Comment

Excuse me, what did you say?

Radek usually doesn't have a problem with communication but then again he doesn't have to speak to communicate!

Do you speak German, RadekClone?

Comment

Do you speak German, RadekClone?
                Well most of my ancestry is German and Radekclone speaks to me. Does that count?

sigpic

Comment

I speak a teeny bit of German - when I say that I mean I did it for GCSE and got a C so I'm not exactly a linguist.

I've just finished making a showreel of all my film work and I've put a commentary on about the professionalism of webcam work. How much planning and organisation goes into it and all that...

It only took me 6 hours...

*Passes out from exhaustion*

Comment

I speak a teeny bit of German - when I say that I mean I did it for GCSE and got a C so I'm not exactly a linguist.

I've just finished making a showreel of all my film work and I've put a commentary on about the professionalism of webcam work. How much planning and organisation goes into it and all that...

Congradulations!

Whewww, now you needs some serious thunkin

And because you like whump!

sigpic

Comment

Good Luck with this. Sounds like a real creative challenge!

Thanks. I hope the new boss (whenever we get him or her) is good too!

Maybe the new boss will let me have some career growth. My last job interview someone killed it so I never got the interview promised and I was one of the top canadates. Really pi$$ed off with that one 'cause they aren't suppose to do that. Never thought they would stoop that low. At least now I know what they will do to keep me there and I will have to work around it. It's tougher cause I don't want to keep doing what I am doing, I would like to take a different path and that takes time to get the networking going.

I just really hate the politics of work sometimes!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...ft5F0809AA.jpg
                      Tell me about it. I don't like politics because it means someone is trying to control some aspect of me, my life or my career instead of treating me with some dignity and respect and making me part of the discussions/decisions. Making me part of the discussions/decisions goes along way in possilby making decisions to stay, only people get so caught up in their own personal agendas and control issues that they just give me reasons to work around them to do what I need to do.

What scares them is someone with my level of experience and knowledge wants to do something different and leaving the group to do that. Their idea of growth is new product mixes, mine is actually getting something challenging to do - which they could do if they would only listen to what I am telling them.

This is the second time in my career that a supervisor has tried to prevent me from leaving. It's not that I hate the job, I use to really like it alot, it's just that I have explored and done every aspect of it over the years and there is not alot left for me to learn and they don't seem to want to give out promotions in my group. And this huge project I have been working on is finally coming to a close. Getting stagnent is one of the worse things you can do to yourself, whether in your career or personal life.

*Sigh* I need some Radek *THUNKIN*. He's just so damn cute, even when he is making faces.
                      http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...5F0360AA-1.jpg
                      Read your line about getting stagnant and thought "D*mn straight! It is one of the worse things that you can let happen."

Always good words to remember.

And thanks for the 'good luck' on my writing!

I am doomed...

*Cries*

My university got back to me saying that they wanted to interview me.

But there are problems:
                      • I can give them my scripts - but I only have one script apart from an Atlantis one...
                      • I can show them my films - but they are only made through webcam and therefore are not professional enough...
                      • I can show them my coursework - which would be the only reliable piece I could give...
                      Oh no Allestian! Don't fret. If there's one thing I've actually managed to learn, it's this....

There is always something you can do, even if it doesn't seem like it at first. Sometimes it just takes some thinking. (And be confident!)
                      sigpic

Hurrah for a Fifth Season of Stargate: Atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by phynyxoffyre View Post
                        Read your line about getting stagnant and thought "D*mn straight! It is one of the worse things that you can let happen."
                        Always good words to remember.
                        Life's too short and I want to enjoy it!
                        It's easy to get too comfortable with what you are doing and not be open to change or be unprepared when change happens.

And thanks for the 'good luck' on my writing!
                        Are you gonna share when it is ready?!

sigpic

Comment

Wow, great dedication, Allestian. I know it'll be worth your while in the end. Go forth and conquer at that interview!

Yikes! Good luck with that. My brother's the German speaker in the family. I've just learned a few phrases from him. Regardless of language, 15 pages is a demanding order and typos can be a hassle even in your native tongue.

Women have a tendency to look at the things that can go wrong when it comes to promoting themselves and tend to focus on those things even during interviews. Don't follow your instincts of self-doubts. Be strong and confident even when you don't feel it. You want this, you can do this, go for it!
                          Just had to comment how much this bit touched me even though it's not directed my way. I'm applying to grad schools and, 3 weeks from the application deadline, I found out the program I'm applying to (Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior) is focused more on physiology than behavior (my interest). There's a lab I'd kill to work in that does personality research with dogs and chimps, but I have to be going for a Psychology degree. So, with the application deadline looming, I'm switching programs. Your comment really grabbed me because I have interviews with the various professors up there over the winter break and I'm a bit intimidated by the acceptance process. I'll try to keep your words in mind when I go up there and have to sell them on how I would be a benefit to their labs. They're good advice.

Just wait! Did you see the size of the
                          Spoiler:
                          pole that Radek is holding in Tabula Rasa! He's also got a gun in that episode too!
                          Yes! That was too fun! I can't wait till I find caps of those sequences somewhere. They must be posted.

Seti

Comment

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                            Just had to comment how much this bit touched me even though it's not directed my way. I'm applying to grad schools and, 3 weeks from the application deadline, I found out the program I'm applying to (Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior) is focused more on physiology than behavior (my interest). There's a lab I'd kill to work in that does personality research with dogs and chimps, but I have to be going for a Psychology degree. So, with the application deadline looming, I'm switching programs. Your comment really grabbed me because I have interviews with the various professors up there over the winter break and I'm a bit intimidated by the acceptance process. I'll try to keep your words in mind when I go up there and have to sell them on how I would be a benefit to their labs. They're good advice.
                            Thanks. I have had a bit of practice in this area because of the type of job I have and have had in the past.

Good Luck! Just remember, it is okay to be intimidated and/or nervous about the whole process, just don't let it show.

And if you need a break, just think of Radek!

He was so nice to Beckett in Sunday and yet so meciless to the poor soul playing chess with him!

Last edited by Rosehawk; 11 November 2007, 07:20 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Some late night thunkin before sleepy time! See you on Tuesday. Have to go out of town on a business trip tomorrow!

sigpic

Comment

Some late night thunkin before sleepy time! See you on Tuesday. Have to go out of town on a business trip tomorrow!

You are going to be missed, my young Apprentice

Comment

Working...
                                X