Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    I'm here during the day

I am hear for a bit today. I go a rare opportunity to take an Improv class from a man who does this for a living.
    Tad bit nervous, everyone else in the class has been studying Improv for a long time, little ol'me has only been doing this for fun for 10 months. Gads, what did I get myself into. Nerves, Nerves, ugh, Nerves,

Need my Radekclone -

sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

You'll do great, you always do

Comment

You'll do great, you always do
        Thanks Reefgirl. I needed to hear (see) that!

It is intimidating, but fun. This is something outside of class and with alot of people who perform at the club or one of the Improv clubs around here so I am a tad bit nervous, hoping that I don't freeze up. The experience will be so be worth any embarassment or nerves!

He helps!

And I am off.......
        sigpic

Comment

Good luck with it

Comment

Good luck with it
            Thanks Reefgirl!

Class was phenominal! The instructor was Jimmy Carrane. Very laid back but really really pushed boundries with us. The hardest part about Improv is making yourself vulnerable enough to do the scenes. I've never pushed myself as hard as I did today. Wow, what an experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to do an Improv scene with Radek!

sigpic

Comment

Finally got it to work. Took a bit to figure it out. Will try to post some of the other neat pictures as I have a chance.
              Pajus, if you can, please put this pic in your post that you quoted me on.
              Thanks.

Really special thanks to Favrice for letting me post his pictures of David on Gateworld and for David for being such a great subject to be photographed!
              Last edited by Rosehawk; 06 October 2007, 09:28 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

That is a great picture

Comment

I'm glad you found yourself having fun with your class

Comment

Has anyone got the translation of what Radek says in "Doppelganger" yet, please, so that I can get the transcript ready for posting as soon as the episode 'officially' broadcasts? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Callie View Post
                      Has anyone got the translation of what Radek says in "Doppelganger" yet, please, so that I can get the transcript ready for posting as soon as the episode 'officially' broadcasts? Thanks!
                      I don't know if any of us who frequent this thread have actually watched Doppelganger yet. I would suggest you PM Pajus, he is from the Czech Republic - see if you can write the Czech words down, but make sure Pajus is okay with the spoiler first.
                      Pajus, or any of our Czech Friends, if you have seen Doppelganger, please don't post the translation until after it has aired! Or if you do please used well titled spoiler tags Thanks.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm glad you found yourself having fun with your class
                        Thanks!

He really pushed us hard, it wasn't about being funny, it was about connecting with scene partners. Some of the scenes he had us do were really tough and absolutely nothing was out of bounds. Little different then my regular class where people have a hard time going out of personal bounds.

*THUNK* Zelenka's got a rather nice shape!

sigpic

Comment

That is a great picture
                          I really like how it shows the intensity in David's eyes!

Fabrice said on his blog that this was David's sci-fi shot to pay homage to Dr. Zelenka!.
                          Last edited by Rosehawk; 07 October 2007, 01:12 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Callie View Post
                            Haven't seen that one yet. When I do, I'll post (a PG variant)

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                            Thanks!

He really pushed us hard, it wasn't about being funny, it was about connecting with scene partners. Some of the scenes he had us do were really tough and absolutely nothing was out of bounds. Little different then my regular class where people have a hard time going out of personal bounds.
                            That improv must've been a blast.

*THUNK* Zelenka's got a rather nice shape!

I bet you'd like to see his shape without all the clothes

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                              Haven't seen that one yet. When I do, I'll post (a PG variant)
                              That's right he usually does swear in Czech, doesn't he!
                              Just be sure to use spoiler tags because it is S4.

Originally posted by Pajus
                              That improv must've been a blast.
                              It has been for me. Yesterday, I actually had an 8-person scene that hit really close to home for me. Since the first half of the class was about making ourselves vulnerable, I was actually able to pull in feelings and emotions that I had experienced and bring them to the scene. Alot I was able to do without talking; just showing expressions in my face, subtle physcial moves and body language and since I had already resolved all the issues in my past the feelings I felt yesterday were quite powerful. It was quite an enlightling experience and I am finding out neat new things about myself that I really like!

Originally posted by Pajus
                              I bet you'd like to see his shape without all the clothes
                              LOL. Out of respect for David, the actor, I'm not going to answer this one on the internet!
                              sigpic

Comment

It has been for me. Yesterday, I actually had an 8-person scene that hit really close to home for me. Since the first half of the class was about making ourselves vulnerable, I was actually able to pull in feelings and emotions that I had experienced and bring them to the scene. Alot I was able to do without talking; just showing expressions in my face, subtle physcial moves and body language and since I had already resolved all the issues in my past the feelings I felt yesterday were quite powerful. It was quite an enlightling experience and I am finding out neat new things about myself that I really like!
                                Glad to hear you had so much fun

Comment

Working...
                                X