• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats on 4000 Rosehawk.

You know the old saying 'When God created Man, she was only joking'

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      Thanks for the teasing Reefgirl. It's gonna take awhile for me. I've just been through too much.
      I know what you're talking about. Some time ago, when I've considered obtaining a Teyla-clone, I've had a sudden thought of the 'Who am I kidding' kind. I'm not even ready to have a Master-Clone relationship

Ahh, master, you missed it. I got so skilled that I cut everything you gave me perfectly. See [ ].
      Bows as I have my clone to thank for all the help!
      Wow....... Rosehawk just called me 'Master'!!! *squeeeeeeeee* I your face, Reefgirl!!!

Comment

Damn!! I'm going to have to get some pride back

*Slinks off with her 2 new clones for some practise"

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
          Wow....... Rosehawk just called me 'Master'!!! *squeeeeeeeee* I your face, Reefgirl!!!
          What, I did WHAT?! OMG I did! I am so sorry Reefgirl, so sorry.....

Originally posted by Reefgilr
          You know the old saying 'When God created Man, she was only joking'
          She must have been, otherwise men would appreciate more of women's gifts instead of being threaten by them.

Pajus and Radek are excluded from that above comment.

*THUNK*

Spoiler:
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Rosehawk, I'm so sorry to hear you had a rough day and a jerk of a boss. I hope it all works out better for you soon.

Seti

Comment

She must have been, otherwise men would appreciate more of women's gifts instead of being threaten by them.

Pajus and Radek are excluded from that above comment.
              Thanks for the last comment. Sometimes I don't understand men (now that didn' sound gay)

PS: How did it go with your second boss?

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                Thanks for the last comment. Sometimes I don't understand men (now that didn' sound gay)
                No it didn't! And I am sorry if the comment may have bothered you. I am just very angry and frustrated at the moment.
                It really is understanding human behavior and people's need to control everything instead of just letting things go and experience life. Not to mention that people deserve to be treated with respect and not discarded because it doesn't work for someone else.

PS: How did it go with your second boss?
                She never came over to talk with me. I don't think he told her how pi$$ed off I was and still am. To him it was no big deal, he did what he needed to do and this is all that matters to him, he met his goal.

It really won't make a difference whether I talk to her or not, the damage is done and there is not a whole heck of alot she can say that will change the choices I am currently making.

Sometimes people take advantage of my laid back personality which does not mean that I don't care, it just means I pick my battles. I rarely complain because the work needs to get done regardless of any personal issues. I do keep the boss updated, so this is not a matter of me not being direct on what I want or being positive about the good things I've accomplished or the direction I want to take my career into. I am a very high energy person and put that energy into the work that I do. He underestimated me and I tell you he was totally shocked at the controlled look of anger on my face when I told him this wasn't going to work for me, especially when he wasn't willing to sit down and work out a plan with me - that would have at least soothed my anger.

I am off the next couple of days, I suspect one one of my co-workers is going to say something to her, so we will see.

Which reminds me, since I am off until Tuesday, I don't think I will be near a computer to post - keep up the Radek Thunking for me!!!

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                  Rosehawk, I'm so sorry to hear you had a rough day and a jerk of a boss. I hope it all works out better for you soon.

Seti
                  Thanks Seti.

Yeah, it really has been a rough two weeks for me. Wow, vacation here I come!

He just made a huge mistake in underestimating me. He has already lost three other co-workers in the past two years because of similar issues. But as long as he can justify his actions, he won't look outside the box to see what he has done to contribute to the situation.

aaah, Radek lovelyness! You know, this *thunkin* really does work! I always like Radek/David because he can make me laugh!

And I just love this pic!

sigpic

Comment

A THUNK pic for each day that I am gone. Boy, can I last not *THUNKIN* Radek or talking to you guys for that long?!

sigpic

Comment

I should've compiled the next lesson by then

Comment

Have fun where ever it is you're going

Comment

David signed for our site in London´s Pegasus con I found it in my computer...(it´s always when you need to find something else, you probably find a thing you have been trying to find for months )

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

(((((Rosehawk)))))!!!! Enjoy your time off! Sounds like you've well earned it. What an inconsiderate and intractable boss! Sheesh. Granted I've heard of plenty of other bosses like that, so I'm not terribly surprised. I'm glad you showed him how he underestimated you. I can't guarantee that'll change anything, but at least you said your part and stood up for yourself. I'm usually too much of a coward to do stuff like that.

That "Critical Mass" pic is a delight. Poor, poor Radek. The kids must have pinned him down or something to get that much painting done! And thanks for the pic-a-day post! Plenty to smile over through the weekend. Hopefully we'll have some new stuff too by the time you get back.

Klenotka, cool photo! I love how he uses the spelling "Doktor". Feels appropriate for Zelenka. Thanks for sharing that!

Oh, and I'm asking this everywhere. I learned an old friend of mine from another sci-fi board who suffers from bone cancer has stopped responding to treatments. If you could send some prayers/thoughts/wishes her way, I'd be really grateful. I can't do much for her, but I'm trying what I can. Thanks.

Seti

Comment

So, it seems that the subtitles to the video interview are still in progress So I can at least offer you another video.

http://tar-ara.sg1.cz/Cony/FF2007/FF...by_Tar-ara.wmv

It´s a music video made by my friend. It´s from Fantasy Festival. I am sure that people and situations there won´t tell you much but it might give you an idea how it looks in Czech cons. Listen to the text, and yes, I am there, the crazy one fighting with an ice cream + few others. And there is also David Nykl. Listen to the text when he appears, my friend is crazy about him and the text fits perfectly The scene with the T-shirt is my friend (and I am holding the camera) where we gave to him our web shirt.
                              There is also Dr.Who theatre and just random people and actions, also first sci-fi wedding ..I think you will get the picture. It´s "Don´t stop me now" music by Queen.

And btw. this is me...we were celebrating that evening a little so try to ignore my face expression
                              Spoiler:

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                                Have fun where ever it is you're going
                                I went to the Chicago Con and had a blast! Got three wonderful hugs from Paul - but that's for another thread!
                                I even found someone to get me David's autograph when he is in Germany this November! Yes!!!!!

Too late to thunk tonight! Will read everything tommorrow. Missed you guys and Radek!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X