Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Only an hour?!
    After the mentioned hour, Elizabeth will beg Radek to continue, eventually developing this hour into a four day affair. After these four days, both Radek and Elizabeth will be so dehydrated, they'll need to stop and drink something and then continue with whatever they've been doing.

It's not a play. It's Improv. Basically we play a game in front of an audience. The audience picks out what us actors will be doing in the game and we have to react the best we can- thinking is not allowed .

For example:
    Last week, in class, I had to pair up with a guy and do a scene where we were happily engaged picking out wedding presents to list on the registery. He is married, I am seperated so it was a bit ackward at first but we got into the scene. I guess I can get pretty expressive once I find the rhythum to the scene and he kept hugging me which believe it or not, got me to relax. He's performed before.
    The gist of the game was the director kept switching languages on us. Doesn't matter if you know the language or not. My version of Hebrew was he, what, um, okay, can't, etc - but I sold it and apparently my delivery was funny so it worked and that's what counts in Improv. You have to sell the moment to the audience.
    I just have to make sure I don't freeze up and I can react. That's something that just takes time, practice and patience - and I can't be to hard on myself.

*THUNK* I need lots of thunking - Radek/David always makes me smile! ;
    Spoiler:
    Hope you'll share some details afterwards. Sounds like a mighty funny thing

Comment

Spoiler:
      Rodney: What? *listens to radio* Are you telling me Lorne is completely thrashed and this 'Reefgirl' didn't even take the libido-virus? *listens to radio* What 'FicForce'? *listens to radio* That's not good. *listens to radio* I know. McKay out.

Radek: What's going on?

Rodney: It looks like this 'Reefgirl' used something called the 'FicForce' to enhance her... abilites. Lorne is done for. She wants you now.

Radek: Elizabeth won't agree to that... Unless...*evil grin*

Comment

hello fellow thunkers

i come here to get my radek fix...and i need it...i have had a long day...got back home about 2 hours ago from being up at the church since 10:30am...and now i am trying to figure out how to write some things down in a note (yea, i am not good with talking these sort of talkings)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet View Post
          Is it Colin Mockery? The Fig Nuton fairy...
          Yeah, that's him! He and Ryan are just hilarious together! Thanks Renenutet!
          Originally posted by Reefgirl
          Good luck Rosehawk
          Thanks!
          Originally posted by Pajus
          Hope you'll share some details afterwards. Sounds like a mighty funny thing
          OMG, it was one of the most wonderful experiences! Had to do two shows. I was nervous as heck and it took just a bit to get into it. I bombed almost right away - glad to get that out of the way and the audience laughed anyway so I wasn't a total bomb. We were doing 185 miners joke, I jumped out with this funny punch line in my head and by the time I got to the punch line, I went totally blank and said so (a no, no in Improv) but the audience thought it was funny and my instructor added a few lines that I could react to.
          Let's see, I got to be peanut butter and jelly, a smoked oyster - had partners with those, I got to be a not so nice Queen and had to dance in front of everyone. Rest of what we did was different games and I wasn't in every activity.
          Quite the experience and head rush. I really really loved it! Nerves went away after the first two activities. We got a team skit type activity to do and I finally relaxed. I like the team activities- I find it easier to react with someone else.

Special thanks to you guys on this thread and Zelenka/David. If it wasn't for this thread and the people on it, I wouldn't have come out of my shell to even try Improv and now I am having a wonderful life experience. I always say that gifts come in the most unexpected ways!
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Okay, sorry for the double post but I have to continue my celebration - this is my 3000th post and tradition has it that the celebration takes place on one of Zelenka's threads!

Bring out the champagne, and the beer - I have just had a fantastic day and night!!

sigpic

Comment

woot! yay! congrats Rose on 3,000!!!!!!

sorry i haven't been on much tonight...got a lot on my mind
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress View Post
                woot! yay! congrats Rose on 3,000!!!!!!
                Thanks!

sorry i haven't been on much tonight...got a lot on my mind
                That's okay. I have been somewhat tired. Was a very busy and active weekend. I have been on line but away from the computer.

I just had to have some Zelenka *thunkin* before bedtime.

Hope all is going well for you Potion_Mistress!
                sigpic

Comment

Okay, now I am slightly irritated.

Cold Squad was just on. It's been a busy day so I want to relax before heading off to bed. The episode was 'Deadbeat Walking' which is suppose to be David Nykl's Moonman performance but alas, no David Nykl. Apparently they don't always get the titles to the shows correct.

I really really like David's Moonman performance and want to see it again!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's him! He and Ryan are just hilarious together! Thanks Renenutet!

Thanks!

OMG, it was one of the most wonderful experiences! Had to do two shows. I was nervous as heck and it took just a bit to get into it. I bombed almost right away - glad to get that out of the way and the audience laughed anyway so I wasn't a total bomb. We were doing 185 miners joke, I jumped out with this funny punch line in my head and by the time I got to the punch line, I went totally blank and said so (a no, no in Improv) but the audience thought it was funny and my instructor added a few lines that I could react to.
                    Let's see, I got to be peanut butter and jelly, a smoked oyster - had partners with those, I got to be a not so nice Queen and had to dance in front of everyone. Rest of what we did was different games and I wasn't in every activity.
                    Quite the experience and head rush. I really really loved it! Nerves went away after the first two activities. We got a team skit type activity to do and I finally relaxed. I like the team activities- I find it easier to react with someone else.

Special thanks to you guys on this thread and Zelenka/David. If it wasn't for this thread and the people on it, I wouldn't have come out of my shell to even try Improv and now I am having a wonderful life experience. I always say that gifts come in the most unexpected ways!
                    Thanks for the description. Must've been something. It's good you've found something that made you smile. I'd love to see it one day.

Okay, sorry for the double post but I have to continue my celebration - this is my 3000th post and tradition has it that the celebration takes place on one of Zelenka's threads!

Bring out the champagne, and the beer - I have just had a fantastic day and night!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW... 3000 posts. Congratulations, young padawan.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                      Thanks for the description. Must've been something. It's good you've found something that made you smile. I'd love to see it one day.
                      Thanks Pajus. It's been a long time to find something that I am having so much fun with. (Motherhood doesn't count ) I have had some very difficult life challenges to work through and it's about time I found a way to change that!
                      Maybe someday with the smile. I am very reluctant to put a full face pic out on the internet. Not because of looks, just more of a safety type thing.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW... 3000 posts. Congratulations, young padawan.
                      Thank you teacher. Couldn't have done it without you and the fanfic force of Zelenka.
                      Last edited by Rosehawk; 10 June 2007, 10:11 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Congrats on your success and the 3000th posting Rosehawk

Originally posted by Pajus
                        Rodney: What? *listens to radio* Are you telling me Lorne is completely thrashed and this 'Reefgirl' didn't even take the libido-virus? *listens to radio* What 'FicForce'? *listens to radio* That's not good. *listens to radio* I know. McKay out.

Radek: What's going on?

Rodney: It looks like this 'Reefgirl' used something called the 'FicForce' to enhance her... abilites. Lorne is done for. She wants you now.

Radek: Elizabeth won't agree to that... Unless...*evil grin*
                        You know me too well Pajus

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                          You know me too well Pajus
                          I know you as an apprentice knows his Master

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                            I know you as an apprentice knows his Master
                            That'll get the gossip going

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              That'll get the gossip going
                              I look forward to reading what Rosehawk will write about me when her training is complete.

Comment

So will I *Evilgrin*

Comment

Working...
                                X