Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Oh God David Nykl and Keifer Sutherland on the same show, be still my undies
    I know, wouldn't that just be great! I would actually love to see David being one of the head military guys dressed in black working with Kiefer character out in the field for a few episodes. He doesn't have to be a Czech or Russian character either.
    Doesn't 24 start Sunday.....got to go check the TV guide.......

I don't know why but I can just see David in 24.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

hey, i wanna come...but i don't have the time or money right now to head off in your direction Rosehawk..dang, why can't i have a transporter like on Atlantis
      sigpic

Comment

He did say in his email that Czech kids drink pretty much what 'Western' kids do, I guess it was different behind the Iron Curtain

Comment

I can totally see it too, I know it starts here in Jan some time, usually we're 6 hours behind. I fell in love with Kiefer Sutherland in Young Guns

Comment

Need some *thunkin*

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Potion_MIstress
            hey, i wanna come...but i don't have the time or money right now to head off in your direction Rosehawk..dang, why can't i have a transporter like on Atlantis
            Maybe I can have the kids to get their transporter to work That way you can miss the snow, if it ever hits this year. Such weird weather we are having, we usually have at least a foot or two of snow on the ground by now.

Originally posted by Reefgirl
            He did say in his email that Czech kids drink pretty much what 'Western' kids do, I guess it was different behind the Iron Curtain
            Thanks so much for the information Reefgirl. I really didn't want to go with the soda pop thing that so many groups end up doing.

Man, am I am tad bit freaked out at the moment. While I was on Zelenka's thread just had the sheriff in my house showing me pics of a potiental suspect in a recent incident that happened in my neighborhood and a similar incident that happened not too far away. Situation was really bad so it is great that the police are stepping things up but it is also a huge reality check about the situation and the fact that the suspect is a repeater for a very violent crime.
            Last edited by Rosehawk; 13 January 2007, 01:25 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Don't fancy sending your Sheriff our way do you, the police do sod all around here

Comment

Czech kids? Hmm, they are different than we were, I was born in 1982 and lots of things was getting here into normal almost until 1995...(not mentioning spliting of Czechoslovakia)
                Er, sorry for historical lecture Anyway, today´s kids drink the same like others, Cola, Fanta but I think that very popular is also Ice tea or some juices or just soda...typical non-alcoholic Czech drink is Kofola (with long tradition and cute promotion in TV ) but it´s not so popular like they hope to be.

In families is normal beer, usually. Kids drink the same I wrote.
                Warm drinks, yeah, you are right, mullet wine or "grog". Grog is Czech name, I am not sure what is name in English and it is from hot water and rum but it is little back today already, not so usual.

And sorry Rosehawk I didn´t write back to your mail, but I had a virus in a computer and I was long time away from my own computer.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Reefgirl, I can always ask if I see them again, which given the crimes that happened I expect to. He got kick out of my sci-fi DVD collection which is mostly all Stargate and my favorite movies. I had Farscape on the TV and Gateworld up on the computer.

Originally posted by Klenotka
                  Czech kids? Hmm, they are different than we were, I was born in 1982 and lots of things was getting here into normal almost until 1995...(not mentioning spliting of Czechoslovakia)
                  Er, sorry for historical lecture
                  Don't worry about the historical lecture, it is fasinating to hear about!
                  Anyway, today´s kids drink the same like others, Cola, Fanta but I think that very popular is also Ice tea or some juices or just soda...typical non-alcoholic Czech drink is Kofola (with long tradition and cute promotion in TV ) but it´s not so popular like they hope to be.
                  I was trying to move away from things like Cola, Fanta and Ice Tea because they are also quite popular here in the States. What is Kofola? I can probably google that Ultimately I have to let the group decide so if I can give them options that is what I really need to be able to do.

In families is normal beer, usually. Kids drink the same I wrote.
                  Warm drinks, yeah, you are right, mullet wine or "grog". Grog is Czech name, I am not sure what is name in English and it is from hot water and rum but it is little back today already, not so usual.
                  Betcha your beer taste better than our beer here in the states. Amazing what you grow up with because beer for anyone under 21 (in most of the states, there are some with younger age limits) is illegal.
                  This is so much better than googling the information

And sorry Rosenhawk I didn´t write back to your mail, but I had a virus in a computer and I was long time away from my own computer.
                  No problem. Still looking for information about the program and Czech Republic so if you ever get a chance but I understand RL. Group is still planning on visiting your country in a few years so anything you want to share is greatly appreciated. My e-mail address has changed though. It is correct on Gateworld or you can PM and I can send it to you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Kofola, I think it originally was something like answer for "capitalistic" cola but I am not sure about it.
                    Vague info on English version of the site:

http://firma.kofola.cz/en/

It is from syrup called KOFO. Kofola doesn´t have so much cofein and sugar like Cola. Kofola company has also many other types of drinks, TopTopic e.g, it´s from grape but non-alcoholic, then RC cola, or by kids´favorite Jup?* fruit drinks.
                    Uf, so much to my not so good translation from Czech site
                    And it is big OT, here

But if you are interested, in Czech TV runs every Xmas cute promotion:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJivC81pRDA

And my vague translation of the dialogue

Daddy: "And when you hold until evening, not eating, you will see a golden pig"
                    Girl: "And dad, will he have the big crooked teeth?"
                    Daddy: "Crooked teeth....you have to hold on, then there will be teeth, too."
                    Girl: "But I don´t have to, I can see him already."
                    Daddy and girl: "Uuuuaaaa."
                    Then there is yet: "True Czech Christmas, when you love it then you have no problem."

It´s not literal but just for you to have a picture
                    And to the "golden pig", it´s such saying that when you hold on not eating whole day on Xmas Eve then you will see a "golden pig"...nobody has ever seen any. It is more for children, so they can keep their hands off the food until supper.

We can drink since our 18 and yes, Czech beer is the best *proudly*

But I think that the rest of information, if you will want any, on e-mail

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Thanks so much Klenotka!!! Perfect website that I can show them and let them make some decisions. Reefgirl sent me some stuff as well that I can use. Really appreciate it you guys, uh gals!!!!!!!

And now to some Zelenka *Thunkin* and *drooling*
                      Spoiler:

Only bad thing about the pic is the light reflecting in his glasses, kind of distracts from looking at his wonderful eyes
                      sigpic

Comment

Here you go Reefgirl! Both of them on the same page!

Oh they could both so pull it off in a storyline together!!!!!
                        (Sorry Zelenka is a tad bit blurry. Too tired to fix it tonight, maybe tomorrow)

Hey, we made 1000 posts on David's appreciation thread. That is something to celebrate!!!!!
                        Whose got the beer?!
                        Last edited by Rosehawk; 13 January 2007, 08:03 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

hehehe...well, i am going to be joining our lovely czech scientist soon enough in that world of sexyness glasses in about a week when my brand-spankin' new glasses come in (yes, you heard right, i have to get glasses...at 26 years old...not bad though but i am near-sighted and doc said i should have glasses for when seeing distances, like driving, etc. but said it wouldn't hurt me if i wore them all the time...but yea and wearing glasses all day instead of just for driving, etc, will help correct my eyes better.). but anyway, they aren't quite like Radek's but kind of have that oval-rectangular shape to them...but yea, i am joining the world of wearing glasses (when i get them in about a week or sooner)...not cheap either, well cheaper than most places (i love walmart).

anyway, some thunkage before i must sleep

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                            Here you go Reefgirl! Both of them on the same page!

Hey, we made 1000 posts on David's appreciation thread. That is something to celebrate!!!!!
                            Whose got the beer?!
                            *passes around Smirnoff's* Woo-hoo!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Potions_Mistress for the sig!

Comment

Hey, all...looking for a little help again here with translations... I swear, I've got to learn Czech, if only so I don't go rushing for the kindness of native speakers all the time!

Fortunately, it's not TOO much.....

"Rodney, get in here now!" (Radek's in a minor panic due to the situation and thus yelling for him in Czech)
                              "This can't be happening."

Thanks so much
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Potions_Mistress for the sig!

Comment

hey audrey, i made a new and improved radek siggy if you wanna use it instead...go ahead

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X