Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by audreysmagic View Post
    Heh, yeah....my fiancee is an Atlantis fan, but sometimes he just smiles and goes along with the ship/Zelenka obsession goggles I wear.....
    lol
    Actually my kid doesn't know that my excitment was for Zelenka. First she thought it was McKay and now she thinks it is Beckett because of his scottish accent (she knows I love the scottish accent).
    I just told her I like the guy with the accent, I didn't tell her which one!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I'm not going to get much sense out of my other half after Christmas, they're showing the new series of BSG first week of the new year and I got him the second series on DVD for Christmas. He likes Atlantis and SG-1 but being an ex soldier he tends to pick holes in the military tactics, which can get a tad annoying

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        Oh yes indeedy, I did the peasant dance in front of my daughter, and she just rolled her eyes.... I just love teasing the kid....
        My daughter's 12 so anything I like is automatically uncool, although she does occasionally watch Dr Who with me but she prefers Dr number 9, she doesn't like Dr 10 that much

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
          I haven't been able to use that method with my old internet provider service, couldn't get imagines to work on the internet, though I can now cut and paste with the new internet that I have. I am wanting to learn some new things for presentation work and Gateworld seems to be a great place to learn or at least get some great ideas!!!
          And of course by inspired by Zelenka/David
          Of course

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
            My daughter's 12 so anything I like is automatically uncool, although she does occasionally watch Dr Who with me but she prefers Dr number 9, she doesn't like Dr 10 that much
            Mine's 14 and the uncoolness gets worse before it gets better, everything we use to liked to do together is now "no way am I doing that with you." Luckily I don't take it personally since her and I have been pretty close, I know she will grow out of it eventually, like maybe in about 5 years......... until then I just turn it around and tease her which just makes me so much more uncool but her friends get a good laugh and she learns how far the boundaries are without alot of arguments......

Boy, if she knew I *thunked* Zelenka, I think she would totally flip out

Is Dr 10 the current doctor? He is the best, and I have seen them all!! No, not that old, just grew up with a TV station and a brother when I was younger who was a Dr. Who fanatic.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah Dr 10 is David Tennant

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                Yeah Dr 10 is David Tennant
                Cool. One thing Dr.10/David Tennanat and Zelenka/David Nykl both have in common that I like and that is their eyes.....both give such great expressions with their eyes.
                sigpic

Comment

And they're both good with accents, although David Tennant's English accent does slip occasionally

Comment

Yano my memory must me failing, because before I had seen this topic I couldn't recall Dr Z speaking in any foreign language...uh oh
                    Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                    Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                    Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                    Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                    You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                    Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                    One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                    You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                    The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                    www.7-scales.co.uk
                    http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by ARMS View Post
                      Yano my memory must me failing, because before I had seen this topic I couldn't recall Dr Z speaking in any foreign language...uh oh
                      Did you not see Letters from Pegasus? He does speak Czech on occasion usually when he is cursing or feeling some strong emotions and it seems like he is talking Czech alot more this year, so for most of us he is speaking in a foreign language but for his Czech fans he is not!!!!!

My daughter's 12 so anything I like is automatically uncool
                      Hey Reefgirl, I have moved from being uncool to being a cool, at least for now
                      My daughter bought me a coat for Christmas, she didn't like my artsty fartsy one that I had been wearing. As long as I wear the new coat, I can be seen with her because it is a cool coat It's warm so I will wear it!!
                      Boy I hope Allestian comes back soon...her insight would be so much fun on this.

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                      And they're both good with accents
                      Ahhh yes, those lovely, lovely accents..............
                      Last edited by Rosehawk; 27 December 2006, 02:03 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Lookie lookie...I made a pretty dedicated to that wonderful scientist with an accent

(feel free to snurch and use for yourselves)

Oh and I also made a siggy to go with it

Enjoy!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress View Post
                          Lookie lookie...I made a pretty dedicated to that wonderful scientist with an accent

(feel free to snurch and use for yourselves)

Enjoy!!
                          Thank you! These are awesome. Green your way!
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Potions_Mistress for the sig!

Comment

awww...thanks I mean...Radek needs the love in the use of desktop wallpapers on all his thunkers computers

repayed ya with green!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress View Post
                              awww...thanks I mean...Radek needs the love in the use of desktop wallpapers on all his thunkers computers

repayed ya with green!!
                              Those are so cool Potions_Mistress. We need more Radek around here on Gateworld!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

I agree, they are cool Potions Mistress

Comment

Working...
                                X