No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I have an update on who might be getting the old Spanish Archer at the end of S3

The rumour mill says it's
    Spoiler:
    Carson

Comment

I've heard that rumour, too. I hope it's not true. I like that character. Not that I particularly want any of the rest to leave, either.
      Jezisi, ja s tema hercema nemuzu delat!!!

Comment

Yeah, the rumor mill is flying fast and furious that it may be
        Spoiler:
        Carson.
        That could all be a smoke screen too to take things away from who the real person(s) may be and even if it is
        Spoiler:
        Carson he
        may not stay dead, this is Sci-fi after all. I really think they will have a huge fan revolt if they do get rid of
        Spoiler:
        Carson - similar to the effects of when MS left SG1.

I am still a bit worried about Zelenka. They like to keep the fans guessing as to who may the 'old Spanish Archer' and they like to take you down one path and than wham, hit you with another.

They really don't need to kill off any characters, they just think they do which is sad.
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by RoaringMice
          I don't know how to format those spoiler things you do here, so...

Spoiler alert!

Spoiler:
          From this last episode, what university did Radek say had offered him a job?
          Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic

http://www.muni.cz/?lang=en

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

Killing off characters can be very powerful moments and make a series feel true. Perhaps not in the case of Stargate, who've never been big on that but just look at Buffy, Angel or Serenity.

Is Masaryk considered a good Uni then d3?

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
              Killing off characters can be very powerful moments and make a series feel true. Perhaps not in the case of Stargate, who've never been big on that but just look at Buffy, Angel or Serenity.
              Killing off characters can be very powerful but killing off favorite main characters is just plain cruel. It usually doesn't bother me as much if the actor wants to leave the show but when it really isn't their choice it just makes me a tad bit angry that they are taking away a good character who has great storyline potiental for a 'powerful moment' to shock the fans.
              Stargates are about the only shows that I am totally loyal to watching and I like watching the characters tell the story on the screen, hate to see any of them meet their demise.

And if they ever killed off Zelenka, I might... just have to step away for a bit.
              sigpic

Comment

It's only ever powerful if it is a favorite character. Your point's valid but I disagree, I think its good if a show can do that, it creates realism. Good people, people who are greatly loved die in real life. Life doesn't give you a free pass because you're a "main" character.

It's my very fave character that's at the top of the list to get offed and I'd rather it be him, a main character than a secondary one like Zelenka. As much as I don't want to see it I'll be proud if they do it and do it well. If they kill a secondary again like with
                Spoiler:
                Grodin
                I will not be pleased.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
                  It's only ever powerful if it is a favorite character. Your point's valid but I disagree, I think its good if a show can do that, it creates realism. Good people, people who are greatly loved die in real life. Life doesn't give you a free pass because you're a "main" character.
                  You are so very right that it is powerful with a favorite character. I just don't need that kind of realism in TV shows.

Good people, people who are greatly loved die in real life - I know this realism all too well in my life having lost both a brother and a husband in seperate life events when I was in my twenties and it is probably what gives me the view I have today with TV in general being on this kick of killing off main characters it is actually starting to turn me off from watching some of my favorite shows. Who needs realism on TV when life experiences have given enough to write stories about- okay that comment while true for me is a tad bit sarcastic because shows like Stargate do need realism to make them work. I just don't need the death of a good character to make it work for me.

I watch shows because of the story and the characters, if a character isn't going anywhere then it doesn't bother me so much if they are killed off or leave the show, however when a character has really good potiental to enhance the storylines which both your favorite and Zelenka do, then it just p*sses me off if they mess with the storylines to that degree.

Even though Zelenka is technically a secondary character, Janet was also technically a secondary character on SG1 and they promoted her death as a death of a main character before fans knew it was her. So the term main character can be very subjective with tptb.
                  Last edited by Rosehawk; 27 September 2006, 07:34 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay, this is the thunk thread, should get a little *thunkin* in

sigpic

Comment

Need some David pics, Been posted before but haven't found any new ones....

Spoiler:
                      Question: If Zelenka is the most knowledgable on puddlejumpers, why wouldn't they offer him a position at Stargate like they did Carson instead of giving the project to Dr. Lee?
                      Last edited by Rosehawk; 28 September 2006, 06:45 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice pictures Rosehawk

Comment

And some from me

Comment

Hehehe, that last expression is brilliant, say one thing for Radek he's not afraid to express himself!

Comment

I love a pi$$ed off Radek, very sexy

Comment

Lol! I wouldn't say its his best come hither look. Hehe, I can see people winding him up just to see him react, Rodney or Elizabeth maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X