No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 years is a good run, there's no doubt. It's the fact that it can easily go on for so much longer. It's just got its second wind, it feels like a new, energised show.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
      10 years is a good run, there's no doubt. It's the fact that it can easily go on for so much longer. It's just got its second wind, it feels like a new, energised show.
      I'm not so sure, I don't think Ben Browder has 'It' to carry the show

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and the lovely pics
        I'm currently working on getting my website to a new server (with way more room for pics) and then I'll also have the pic of BorgTeddy and David on the site
        Aircowhere are you?

Comment

I don't think he has to carry the show, I don't think RDA ever did either to be honest. What's appealed to me greatly in the last two seasons has been the emphasis on team and a better spread storywise. Browder's Cameron Mitchell is good enough, he's not brilliant but he's not bad, he's also not that important. It's the story and the interactions I always felt made a show.

I've never believed that RDA was responsible for the sucess of the show, the sucess of Atlantis I think proves that Stargate as a concept is far more powerful.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Sigh, I miss my Zelenka, it feels like forever since we've seen him bicker with Rodney or scurry around Weir like a puppy or even bring news of a new Wraith attack. I miss me my Zelenka goodness...

Comment

Anyone know when the series will be shown on Sky?

Comment

Originally posted by borgteddy
                I'm currently working on getting my website to a new server (with way more room for pics) and then I'll also have the pic of BorgTeddy and David on the site
                Cool, you have a picture of you with David!!! You lucky person you

Sigh, I miss my Zelenka, it feels like forever since we've seen him bicker with Rodney or scurry around Weir like a puppy or even bring news of a new Wraith attack. I miss me my Zelenka goodness...
                Ohhh so true....
                I go through Zelenka withdrawals when he is not in the espisode that airs.
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I don't think he has to carry the show, I don't think RDA ever did either to be honest. What's appealed to me greatly in the last two seasons has been the emphasis on team and a better spread storywise. Browder's Cameron Mitchell is good enough, he's not brilliant but he's not bad, he's also not that important. It's the story and the interactions I always felt made a show.

I've never believed that RDA was responsible for the sucess of the show, the sucess of Atlantis I think proves that Stargate as a concept is far more powerful.
                  I agree with you silver. What I loved about SG1 was the team dynamics and interaction.

10 years is a long time, however the stories, creativity and acting are still excellent. Change in characters isn't always easy, however it does add for more and different story lines which make the show interesting.

I just think the way Sci-fi did it was pretty insensitive, very insulting and downright cruel to the actors, writers, everyone involved in the production of the show and to the fans. We all know that good things do have to come to an end sometime, SG1 deserved a much better fanfare than what they got and I think that fans should have had a whole season to get use to the idea.
                  You would have thought they would have learned from their Farscape fiasco, it just shows you that SciFi doesn't care about the fans or the franchise. And as fans we can't expect them to treat STA any better.

Not that anything I just wrote has anything to do with Zelenka or David Nykl
                  Last edited by Rosehawk; 23 August 2006, 03:46 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

For those of you in the states, apparantly David Nykl has a guest appearance in a program tonight that's up opposite Stargate. Psych or something. Being stuck in the UK I miss out on all of this, sniffle.

Comment

Anyone know if our dear doctor makes an appearance this ep or are we still suffering from Radek withdrawl?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk
                        Cool, you have a picture of you with David!!! You lucky person you
                        I've got that too
                        Ususally when I say I have a pic of BorgTeddy and an actor, I don't mean me, but my teddybear BorgTeddy.
                        So there is a picture of David and I and David and BorgTeddy
                        I hope that made sense.
                        Aircowhere are you?

Comment

Anyone know if our dear doctor makes an appearance this ep or are we still suffering from Radek withdrawl?
                          I think we are still going to be suffering from Radek widthdrawls. I check the website that lists what he has completed and it looks like the next one he is in is McKay and Mrs. Miller.

Oh they like to make us Zelenka fans suffer so.......

Originally posted by borgteddy
                          I've got that too
                          Ususally when I say I have a pic of BorgTeddy and an actor, I don't mean me, but my teddybear BorgTeddy.
                          So there is a picture of David and I and David and BorgTeddy
                          I hope that made sense.
                          I can hardly wait to see!!!! David with a teddy.. oh did that just come out slightly wrong I really did mean the bear!
                          sigpic

Comment

Ew I've got a picture of him in frilly underwear now

Comment

For those of you in the states, apparantly David Nykl has a guest appearance in a program tonight that's up opposite Stargate. Psych or something. Being stuck in the UK I miss out on all of this, sniffle.
                              Oh, I will have to sneak a peak if I can. They show SG1 and SGA twice tonight so it is both shows twice in one night.

It looks like Psych is on twice tonight as well. At least it means I can watch David sometime tonight

Sorry silver, not trying to be mean, just excited to see some of David's other work.
                              Last edited by Rosehawk; 25 August 2006, 04:36 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                                Ew I've got a picture of him in frilly underwear now

I wasn't actually visualizing him in it, just holding it with a wicked grin on his face and a twinkle in his eye.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X