Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silverdamascus
    Horrible time to be awake, I hate mornings. They shouldn't start until midday, that should be when people get up. The only reason people should be awake earlier than that is if they haven't been to bed yet.
    I totally agree with you
    fortunately for me I work in a job where I have mostly evening shifts.
    But this week I've got morning ones
    I'd probably be more awake in the mornings though if I wasn't up untill about 3 am most nights (I blame msn and fanfiction )
    Aircowhere are you?

Comment

Hi all, just to say I'm on my hols for the next 6 days

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
        Hi all, just to say I'm on my hols for the next 6 days
        *wave*
        I hope you have a great,relaxing time with lots of fun
        Aircowhere are you?

Comment

Welcome borgteddy.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          Last edited by Rosehawk; 18 August 2006, 05:24 PM.
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

A more serious Zelenka look

Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

Aw, I can't see it.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

me neither. Has anyone else noticed a serious lack of Radek in S3?

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that one too, not that his little cameo in the last episode wasn't good but damnit that's not enough. You think they'd realise that putting in just a little bit more of such a great character would be good. Maybe they're just saving it all up and are going to give us a whole lot of him soon. Very soon...now?

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Zelenka and Beckett both seem to be not getting enough screen time in S3.

I really really wish they would make Zelenka/David Nykl a regular cast member. David does such a wonderful job with this character that he should get to be part of the main cast, though what fans feel and what business does is two different things.

As a fan I would love to have a bit more security knowing one of my favorite characters won't end up like Janet in SG1.
                    sigpic

Comment

Personally I've always liked the insecurity of knowing one of my favorite characters, even main characters could be killed off, I was raised on Whedonverse, can you tell?

There's never a fear of a main SG character dying, its never as exciting. Having said that I would love to see Zelenka get a status upgrade. Or just more regular appearances!

Beckett got an upgrade after all, although I'm not sure if that makes it more or less likely for another character to get a kick up the ladder. No matter how well deserved, 'cause if anyone deserves it it's Zelenka

Comment

Personally I've always liked the insecurity of knowing one of my favorite characters, even main characters could be killed off, I was raised on Whedonverse, can you tell?
                        What is Whedonverse?

If I go into a show knowing that main characters can be killed off like they do in 24, then I can handle it if one of my favorites gets killed off. SG1 and SGA aren't like that has you mentioned below so it is a bit tougher when favorite characters get killed off.
                        Zelenka/David Nykl has also become a personal favorite for me and I would love to continue seeing David Nykl's work since I get to see so little of him in anything or anywhere else.
                        Course I would love to see David either being a bad guy in 24 or one of the main special ops guys that gets to help rescure Jack

There's never a fear of a main SG character dying, its never as exciting. Having said that I would love to see Zelenka get a status upgrade. Or just more regular appearances!
                        Oh, so totally agree. More screentime for Zelenka!!!!!

Beckett got an upgrade after all, although I'm not sure if that makes it more or less likely for another character to get a kick up the ladder. No matter how well deserved, 'cause if anyone deserves it it's Zelenka
                        Zelenka just works so well with all the other characters. He would be such a good fit to be part of the main cast.
                        Last edited by Rosehawk; 21 August 2006, 08:12 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hehehe sorry, Whedonverse is an overall term to refer to the universes created by Joss Whedon - Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly/Serenity. He has a tendency to kill off main characters at moments that - no matter how well you come to know his tricks - you don't see coming. He's an incredible storyteller and I always felt part of that was the constant threat to his characters survival made it feel real.

It's something I've found lacking in a lot of other shows, including Stargate but then again SG:1 has never done anything more than repeat itself really. Atlantis is slowly beginning to grow, I have strong hopes for it.

Having said that SG:1 has just become the best its been in years - sodding SciFi!!

Comment

Hi all, back from my Hols, anything I should know about?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                              Hi all, back from my Hols, anything I should know about?
                              Other than they are cancelling SG1 on Sci-Fi? It's been rather quiet. Welcome back

Hehehe sorry, Whedonverse is an overall term to refer to the universes created by Joss Whedon - Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly/Serenity. He has a tendency to kill off main characters at moments that - no matter how well you come to know his tricks - you don't see coming. He's an incredible storyteller and I always felt part of that was the constant threat to his characters survival made it feel real.
                              Aah, that makes sense. I love his shows, just don't frequent those threads too much. You are right, he does know how to keep the suspense. Firefly was great. Shame Channels are more about the buisness/money then keeping a loyal fanbase which would probably bring them more money in the long run instead they cancel good creative work!
                              Last edited by Rosehawk; 22 August 2006, 07:50 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

I had heard about cancelling SG-1 10 years is long enough I suppose

Comment

Working...
                                X