No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all....I realise this probably has been mentioned before (but I was distracted by pesky RL) did anyone else catch Merlin 2? over the bank holiday?

Zelenka for regular Season 3!! More Lorne!!! Whumping and Thunking my way along! I'll be in the bar! sig thanks to crazybitchqueen on LJ

Comment

I had to work

Comment

while I frenetically wrestle with GIMP to make a sig for Allestian I'll just share my favourite David quote.

"Who are we? What are we doing here? My shoe is stuck."
        from the BOBW con

Comment

Hehe, I love that wee interview, it's great.

Yeah, I caught the second Merlin, was very disappointed, I really liked the first one, the second one was pretty naff and I have to say not even really worth it for the few seconds of David Nykly goodness. Sigh, why do people always have to ruin things...

(Runs away before starts on X3 rant.)

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
            (Runs away before starts on X3 rant.)
            You should have heard me at the cinema last week when I saw a trailer for Posidon AND they've also had the nerve to remake The Omen

I take it I should save my ticket money where X3 is concerned then?

Comment

I bought the first Merlin on DVD the other day. Very nice. I admit that the sequel sounds somewhat terrible. But I will watch it out of respect for Sam Neill and to catch a glimpse of DN...who I believe described his role as a "scottish something something".

EDIT: Finished Allestian's sig. Hope she shows to you all.

Comment

Merlin 2 did nothing for my respect for Sam Neill. Scottish something something? Heheh what? Well that went completley over my head if it was meant to be.

X3 is...it's bloody obvious Singer absconded with half the writing team, lets put it that way. It could have been such a powerful film but it had no emotional resonance and some of the dialogue was just cringeworthy.

Worth a shot if you've been following it but don't expect anything great. See how I've avoided a rant, look, look, well done me.

(If the Idiots had just waited for Singer or Whedon, grumblesulkmoan...)

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

It was something he said at the con...

Comment

Why can't the leave decent films alone, why must they remake them they must know they'll never be as good as the original. All I can say thank God my Dad wasn't alive to see the remake of The Alamo, him and John Wayne must be turning in their graves

Comment

Another picture!

I love this one. He has that cute li'l look of concentration he gets... and the light from the monitor in his eyes almost makes them seem to glow.
                      [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Loving that pic.

Concentration + Radek = Super cute.

Comment

I do like the sig Allestian and the pic Syera

Comment

Thanks I like it too.

Comment

Another picture!

Upon cropping this, I noticed that, with the exception of the lamp, the only 'warm' areas are the face and hair... which leads the eye right where it's supposed to go.
                              [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

You realise Merlin 2 could have been a precursor to the SG1 episode Camelot!

well most of the actors had been in stargate (Jack has been in Andromeda!)
                                lol

I still can't believe it took me a minute to remember the indiana jones grail connection *headesk*

Zelenka for regular Season 3!! More Lorne!!! Whumping and Thunking my way along! I'll be in the bar! sig thanks to crazybitchqueen on LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X