No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd probably say the most embaressing things...let's invite him...

LOL

Comment

Course you don't

Comment

Honest I don't

Comment

The whole angel thing means nothing.

LOL. I'll be honest I would like to know...

If I found out now I betcha that you'd want to know.

Comment

Heeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooo David, if you want crazy, insane and occationally intelligent conversation, this is the place and we are the women.

Now I'm off to bed before I get myself in REAL trouble I can't talk myself out of, like that'll ever happen

Comment

David Nykl, come on down!!!!

Comment

Maybe this sums me up better
                The whole lobster thing would give me nightmares and a rash, I'm allergic

Comment

Oh right, whoops.

Comment

Good luck with your quest

Comment

Lol :d

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        I'm surprised the Nykl interview discussion thread isn't more popular. And the interview itself hasn't even been mentioned here?

I'd also like to say that as an American, I find these generalizations about "Americans are homophobic" to be insulting and grossly unfair. I stopped in to see what was being said about the interview, but now I'm thinking I'll be better off in a different thread.
                        First off, I should probably appologise for being off topic in the first place so, sorry, this is probably my fault in the first place.

From being on this thread for the relatively short time I've been on it, I don't think anyone's stupid enough to accept a gross generalistion of a all people being like that. My question was a heartfelt one as I was honestly surprised by what my friend had said and wanted the opinion of other American's on that.

I'm not stupid enough to think that all Americans could have a problem with it, that would be ridiculous I was asking about...I suppose a general cultural attitude, or a general culture within the media? I think that was what Rosehawk was answering to, not about every individual. I can't speak for her but that was what I took it as.

I must admitt i think you're taking it a little to heart but I suppose I can understand that it could be hurtful if taken that way. I don't think anyone meant to be unfriendly and I'm really sorry if I've caused someone offense or upset, I'd hate to think that anyone feels unwelcome here. Especially since everyone has been so friendly towards me.
                        Back to trying to keep it on topic

I swear there was an advert with a lobster, for some gas company It kept turning off the gas so David Nykl couldn't cook it, then it turned on the cold water when he was in the shower!

"Irresistable" sounds like it's going to be very, very good. I love when Zelenka gets little comic scenes, they're always brilliant.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
                          I'm not stupid enough to think that all Americans could have a problem with it, that would be ridiculous I was asking about...I suppose a general cultural attitude, or a general culture within the media? I think that was what Rosehawk was answering to, not about every individual. I can't speak for her but that was what I took it as.

I must admitt i think you're taking it a little to heart but I suppose I can understand that it could be hurtful if taken that way. I don't think anyone meant to be unfriendly and I'm really sorry if I've caused someone offense or upset, I'd hate to think that anyone feels unwelcome here. Especially since everyone has been so friendly towards me.
                          Back to trying to keep it on topic
                          You are correct here Silverdamascus.

We were discussing commericals and some of the difference in creativity between our different countries. This is something we would not see in mainstream commericials here because it is a real hot topic in America at times.

I am American I didn't take any offense and I still do not feel that I said anything offensive, though I suppose someone coming in on the conversation we were having could take things a bit off so I do apologize if anyone was offended and if it is felt I should delete it I will. I still had fun with the conversation Silverdamascus and this whole thread should not be critized based on one or two posts, especially since this and the other Zelenka threads have been some of the friendliest ones I have found - a tribute to how fans feel about Zelenka and David Nykl.
                          I think my point has been demonstrated here about how sensitive this issue can be in America.

Oh, by the way, the lobster commerical was Canadian I think and not American and darn I can't find it to see it. I heard it was pretty cute and someone early on in this thread I believe did post a picture of David in the shower.
                          Last edited by Rosehawk; 02 May 2006, 06:38 PM.
                          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                            Love this picture. Got that great smile and those wonderful eyes. Perfect!

Thanks!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                              Not a problem

I hope to god he doesn't come to Gateworld, all the stuff that's been going on around here and in the Ship thread lately, if he found out about that I'd curl up and die
                              We might be embarassed but I think David would enjoy the attention and have some fun with us right back. That would be so cool.....
                              I can't get these darn smiles to work anymore.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                I'm trying to blackmail persuade D&D into getting Nykl to blog. I think he'd be a fantastic addition to Gateworld.
                                Good luck with that. David doesn't even attend to his blog on his own website. But we love him anyway.

Radek: Hmm, where can I hide? Blogging is not what I do best. Rodney has many more words to spare!

My kind of guy:
                                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Working...
                                X