Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh this is so COOL!!!
    I found out where the picture of David Nykl sitting in his underwear and socks came from!!! Oh this just made my raining day!
    It was from a Subway commerial that I actually remember seeing last year!

Unfortunely I don't have the computer resources to get the picture that fits within GW requirements to download here. but I can e-mail it, he,he,he.

It would need to be posted on the thunk thread. I think he has a hairier chest than Joe Flanigan! Oooooo, so cool.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk
      I found out where the picture of David Nykl sitting in his underwear and socks came from!!!
      Oh yuk, ack, ack, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Not the underwear bit but the socks, argh, I hate the idea of men and socks, it reminds me of a line in the Kirsty MacColl song Don't Come The Cowboy With Me Sonny Jim, it goes
      The boots just go back on
      The socks that had stayed on
      The next time they see you
      They treat you like dirt

It would need to be posted on the thunk thread. I think he has a hairier chest than Joe Flanigan! Oooooo, so cool.
      That, I could live with

Comment

Hehehe, you're a headcase Hawk. Don't think I've seen such an enthusiastic post from anyone before. Very pleased for you, personally not a fan of chest hair. hehe though I am curious as to what the hell kind of sandwich commercial involves a half naked David Nykl. I'd loved to have been in the board room when someone came up with that one "I know, I've got a great advertising idea, here it is -". Yanks are bloody weird.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Krychek? Rat-boy! Hehe, no thank you, although he was sort of cool...and with the leather and the sneaky...but then there's the slimy and the trying to kill Skinner and the getting beaten up and handcuffed to a railing by an impressively built and shirtless Skinner. Did that scene scream at anyone else in the not-so-subtle subtext department?

Hehehe speaking of. Caldwell. Heheheh. Right from the get go, I'd swear the man was gay or at the very least most entertaining camp I have ever seen. Hehehe, watch him, he does this amazing shoulder-wiggle, it's subtle which is why i think its so good but its there. And then there was the incredible hip-jut pout in Weir's office. Did anyone else catch that?

I would love to see Nykl take a turn at badass though, mainly 'cause I'm certain he could pull it off so well and Stargate does have a tendency to do alternate realities so fingers crossed!

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
            Hehehe, you're a headcase Hawk. Don't think I've seen such an enthusiastic post from anyone before. Very pleased for you, personally not a fan of chest hair. hehe though I am curious as to what the hell kind of sandwich commercial involves a half naked David Nykl. I'd loved to have been in the board room when someone came up with that one "I know, I've got a great advertising idea, here it is -". Yanks are bloody weird.

Yeah, I have a bit too much time on my hands today and I am just plain having fun with all of this.
            sigpic

Comment

Hehehe I fully encourage it! Nuts is the only way to go, it's far more fun. Have you got a copy of this pic or this ad, 'cause I'm trying to picture this and it's just not working...on second thoughts that may be a good thing...

Comment

[QUOTE=silverdamascus I'd loved to have been in the board room when someone came up with that one "I know, I've got a great advertising idea, here it is -". Yanks are bloody weird.[/QUOTE]

I don't know who is weirder. I have seen some of the commerials coming out of the UK. Every year there is a commerial festival held in one of the local art galleries. Have to admit you guys have some pretty creative commerials that we could never get away with over here.
                sigpic

Comment

Hehehe I fully encourage it! Nuts is the only way to go, it's far more fun. Have you got a copy of this pic or this ad, 'cause I'm trying to picture this and it's just not working...on second thoughts that may be a good thing...
                  Do you want me to e-mail it to you? I can't get it to download here.
                  sigpic

Comment

I would love to see Nykl take a turn at badass though, mainly 'cause I'm certain he could pull it off so well and Stargate does have a tendency to do alternate realities so fingers crossed!
                    Me too! I think David Nykl would be fantastic as a badass. He seems to be able to do alot of different types of characters.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't know who is weirder. I have seen some of the commerials coming out of the UK. Every year there is a commerial festival held in one of the local art galleries. Have to admit you guys have some pretty creative commerials that we could never get away with over here.
                      I actually remember two of my mates Uni saying something like that for the Orange cinema adverts we have, which I meant to quiz another American about. They were discussing Brokeback Mountain I think, and she wound up saying :

"Yes, but you have blatant homosexuality in your ad campaigns!"

And we were just going: "Yes, so?"

Apparantly I just wouldn't happen over there which was a huge shock to us, was she right about that?

What types of creative commercials are you on about? Specifically. I seem to recall actually finding one on the net with David Nykl in the shower and a lobster. Yeah, we're the ones with the weird ads...

And yeah if you could email that over, that'd be cool, thanks.

Comment

It's a commercial about a spicy sandwich. There are 2 men ice fishing. DN was the eater of the spicy sandwich.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                        Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

I actually remember two of my mates Uni saying something like that for the Orange cinema adverts we have, which I meant to quiz another American about. They were discussing Brokeback Mountain I think, and she wound up saying :

"Yes, but you have blatant homosexuality in your ad campaigns!"

And we were just going: "Yes, so?"

Apparantly I just wouldn't happen over there which was a huge shock to us, was she right about that?
                          D
                          Afraid so.
                          Last edited by Rosehawk; 03 May 2006, 02:17 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

What types of creative commercials are you on about? Specifically. I seem to recall actually finding one on the net with David Nykl in the shower and a lobster. Yeah, we're the ones with the weird ads...

And yeah if you could email that over, that'd be cool, thanks.
                            Some of the Orbis (spelling??) commercials drive me nuts with that blonde and the cheezy grin at the end of each commerical. Those are the ones I am recalling right now. I didn't make the festival this year, remember laughing my tail off at the one the previous year.

I haven't seen David and the lobster one yet, though after finding the Subway one I plan on checking the lobster one out. Heard it was cute.

I will e-mail you the picture and let you know the link incase you want to see the commerical.

sigpic

Comment

Me too! I think David Nykl would be fantastic as a badass. He seems to be able to do alot of different types of characters.
                              Deja Vu, didn't we talk about this last week?

Comment

Hmm. Enough talk. Have a thunk.

My kind of guy:
                                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Working...
                                X