No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone on the Zelenka thunk thread. It is a fantastic day today-Wednesday. LOL.

I was asked what was the matter yesterday-It was a Tuesday. I just can't stand Tuesdays. LOL.

Thanks for asking anyway.

Culture shock-It is my first Wednesday away from Atlantis

But I'm still here for the thunking.

Eirual.
    Rockett_Series inspired by the funniest thread on the interweb/(under construction)

eirual + nerrad = nerual

Comment

just a friendly bump

"Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

No comb in sight.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz

No comb in sight.
            I wonder how he got his hair in a mess *Wanders off into a daydream*

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
              I wonder how he got his hair in a mess *Wanders off into a daydream*
              HAH! *cough*RODNEY*cough*

Whawuzzat? Hmm? I didn't....did someone say...meh, whatev.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Originally posted by PartyLikeIts1984
                HAH! *cough*RODNEY*cough*

Whawuzzat? Hmm? I didn't....did someone say...meh, whatev.

Just a friendly ruffling of the hair, of course... *clinging tightly to last shreds of innocence*

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
                  Hehe sorry Icie, just the first I've heard of it! Is this a common thing in a lot of countries then?
                  The celebration of birthdays isn't universal, likewise the celebration of name days/namesdays/saint's days - it depends on the country. In general, namesdays are celebrated more often in countries with strong histories of Catholic or Eastern Orthodox religions, and also in Scandinavian countries.

Countries where I know that many people celebrate namesdays are Sweden, Czech Republic, Poland, Finland, Greece, Slovakia, Latvia, and Hungary. And there may be others - maybe Norway and maybe parts of NW Russia, but I'm doing this from memory, and memory is fuzzy.

Which names are celebrated on which days does vary by country, although there are a lot of commonalities. In some of these countries, the namesday is more celebrated with more fanfare than the birthday. In others, like the Czech Republic, the birthday is more celebrated.

So, blahopřejeme k svátku!
                  Jezisi, ja s tema hercema nemuzu delat!!!

Comment

Well I've learned something new...

Comment

Radek and Rodney...I like their interaction. Friendship with a bit of rivalry. Very nicely done.

Last edited by zuz; 25 March 2006, 12:15 AM.
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz
                          Radek and Rodney...I like their interaction. Friendship with a bit of rivality. Very nicely done.

Yeah, both actors do a great job with the friendship/rivarly don't they. It's one of my favorite character pairings on STA.
                          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Its probably already been posted, but I just love this makeup concept design pic for Zalenka. They made him look so funny and adorable after his encounter with the rugrats. lol

Last edited by Wolvie; 24 March 2006, 11:31 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Wolvie
                              Its probably already been posted, but I just love this makeup concept design pic for Zalenka. They made him look so funny and adorable after his encounter with the rugrats. lol

I can see my daughter doing something like that to Zelenka and imitating his accent too

Comment

some people might remember my bizarre name for Zelenka - "bunny boy" ....

and yes...David Nykl knows he's called bunny boy!

as to the incriminating messy hair pics in this thread, I have my own theories...

go here if you dare

I call it Zoma...

and to add some shred of sanity to this post - I want more Zelenka in season 3!

Comment

Working...
                                X