No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey gang! Remember how you guys helped me with some translations for a fic a while back? Maybe quite a while, now...

Anyway, I've put the first part up on my website. Again, Radek isn't really one of the main characters, but he's part of the team and I'd really appreciate any feedback on how I've handled him thus far (or how I've handled ANY of them). And naturally, if anyone has suggestions for improvement, I'm certainly happy to listen.

Adaptation

Comment

I'm gonna wish everyone a happy holidays now (so I have time to reply later!)
      I'm leaving for my uncle's tomorrow...and won't be back til....tuesday!

Happy Zelenka dreams this xmas

Zelenka for regular Season 3!! More Lorne!!! Whumping and Thunking my way along! I'll be in the bar! sig thanks to crazybitchqueen on LJ

Comment

I can help you with translations from cezch to english. If you want. I am from the Czech Republic , but my english is not very good

Comment

How does one say "Welcome to the board!" in Czech?

Comment

Originally posted by I love Daniel!
            How does one say "Welcome to the board!" in Czech?
            "Vítejte na palubě"

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

newbie here
              EPISODE 116-
              he said: "Jezisi, ja s tema hercema nemuzu delat!!!"

which means "Oh My God, I cant work with those actors!!!"
              ha! That's hilarious! Hey if I read into it carefully, it almost looks like Russian. The word for the actors is different though.
              ja-I
              s-s
              tema-those
              nemuzu-can't
              delat-work
              am I right??

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                newbie here

ha! That's hilarious! Hey if I read into it carefully, it almost looks like Russian. The word for the actors is different though.
                ja-I
                s-s
                tema-those
                nemuzu-can't
                delat-work
                am I right??
                You're, russian is slavic language too. But czech is little more complicated. It has declension and 7 cases (I hope that are right words in english...). So infinitive is diferend.

Like:
                Work (verb) - pracovat
                I'm working - pracuji
                You're working - pracuješ
                He, she, it works - pracuje

Word "delat" is more like "do". But in common czech we use "do" for "work"...

I hope you understand what I mean... )

Or try czech-english dictionary here: slovniky.centrum.cz

Comment

Originally posted by d3u5
                  You're, russian is slavic language too. But czech is little more complicated. It has declension and 7 cases (I hope that are right words in english...). So infinitive is diferend.

Like:
                  Work (verb) - pracovat
                  I work - pracuji
                  You work - pracuješ
                  He, she. it work - pracuje

Word "delat" is more like "do". But in common czech we use "do" for "work"...

I hope you understand what I mean... )

Or try czech-english dictionary here: slovniky.centrum.cz
                  yea I know that delat' is do.. it's same in Russian. I just figured you translated it as work so it would make sense to english people

I couldn't understand Zelenka in the movie, but I can understand some stuff when I read Czech. *na dne more* for example is the same except that in Russian case, it would be "morya"
                  I think you have a lating alphabet though.. we have cyrillic.

Я не понимаю Зеленку в фильме, но понимаю когда читаю . haha I forgot how to say Czech in Russian

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                    yea I know that delat' is do.. it's same in Russian. I just figured you translated it as work so it would make sense to english people

I couldn't understand Zelenka in the movie, but I can understand some stuff when I read Czech. *na dne more* for example is the same except that in Russian case, it would be "morya"
                    I think you have a lating alphabet though.. we have cyrillic.

Я не понимаю Зеленку в фильме, но понимаю когда читаю . haha I forgot how to say Czech in Russian
                    Uh, I wouldn't say that you're from Russia... Your english is great... )

Yeah, we have latin alphabet, but my friend is from Russia so he teachs me cyrillic alphabet, but I have no idea what did you wrote, though... ) (except Зеленку is Zelenka I think... ))

Comment

Originally posted by d3u5
                      Uh, I wouldn't say that you're from Russia... Your english is great... )

Yeah, we have latin alphabet, but my friend is from Russia so he teachs me cyrillic alphabet, but I have no idea what did you wrote, though... ) (except Зеленку is Zelenka I think... ))
                      yea, it was Zelenka I wrote the same thing I wrote in italics in the second paragraph, first sentence

Hehe thanks I was born and lived in Russia for 14 years. Now I'm in US for 5 years.

Comment

he he, here is czech course?

Comment

LOL! It reminds me of my Czech - Slovak language corner I always have with one my Czech friend
                          ZELENKA: You know, you’re not pleasant when you’re like this, McKay.
                          McKAY: I’m always like this.
                          ZELENKA: My point exactly.

Comment

New message on David's homepage:

English version:
                            http://www.davidnykl.com/Stargate%20...D_dopis_05.htm

Czech version:
                            http://www.davidnykl.com/Stargate%20...Z_dopis_05.htm

And czech fans, look at the David's shirt on this pic:

Comment

Aw cool new message

For those who haven't seen it....as I was in smiths looking for the next sg mag!!!

TV Zone is an SG special...and theres a david interview in there

woooohoooo

will read that when I put my new shiny season 7 sg1 and season 3 sliders on

Zelenka for regular Season 3!! More Lorne!!! Whumping and Thunking my way along! I'll be in the bar! sig thanks to crazybitchqueen on LJ

Comment

Everyone else noticed
                                ZELENKA SMILIES!!!!!

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

and

heeeehheeee

Comment

Working...
                                X