No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice shot of David & David. Pretty sure Radek is telling Rodney to stay the hell away from his Lizzie!
    Monica Zelenka lover since 2004! RDA fan since 1985! Lorne fan since 2003!
    sigpic
    Lady Pandora
    Atlantis Series: Retrospective Ruminations Unexpected

Comment

I really wonder about the show's costumers sometimes. Hey, let's put Nykl in a shirt 2 sizes too big, yet put Hewlett in one so tight his nipples stand out. Oh, and Joe Flanigan's has to be tight enough to stretch across his chest. What the heck?!

sigpic
      Lady Pandora

Comment

Radek is happy for Friday night!!
        sigpic
        Lady Pandora

Comment

Originally posted by MonicaL View Post
          I really wonder about the show's costumers sometimes. Hey, let's put Nykl in a shirt 2 sizes too big, yet put Hewlett in one so tight his nipples stand out. Oh, and Joe Flanigan's has to be tight enough to stretch across his chest. What the heck?!
          It's not all the unusual for the actors to share costumes. When they were starting to sell off items from stargate - a pair of pants that both Zelenka and Keller wore went up for action. While it doesn't seem that a male and female can wear the same pants gracefully...I've met both David and Jewel and they are both very thin, regardless of how it shows on TV so I could see them wearing the same clothes, at least the same pant - shirts, not so much . I suspect that maybe some of the other actors had to share as well.

I don't know if Hewlett was doing any sharing since he was in practically every episode, however he was the tptb favorite character so it's seems to reason that they'd want to make him stand out a bit more to his fangirls while they, or at least one of the writers, did everything he could to not let Zelenka stand out.

And Joe, well he's the lead and the lead is suppose to be sexy, right?!

Plus, for all we know, maybe David wanted his shirts a bit bigger on him...that kind of was the Zelenka character - a bit scruffy and not too worried about his appearance.
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I agree with you, especially about Zelenka being scruffy and rumpled (I look I love, BTW!). It was just something running through my mind when skimming through all the screencaps. I almost felt sorry for Hewlett & Flanigan in some shots, because those shirts were tight enough to be uncomfortable!

And that certain writer vastly underestimated the love we have for our scruffy Czech.
            sigpic
            Lady Pandora

Comment

Something to thunk over....

sigpic
              Lady Pandora

Comment

See Radek? I told you Rosehawk hadn't disappeared!
                I'm so happy to see her!
                sigpic
                Lady Pandora

Comment

You know, this looks much better on me than you.
                  You wish!
                  sigpic
                  Lady Pandora

Comment

Originally posted by MonicaL View Post
                    See Radek? I told you Rosehawk hadn't disappeared!
                    I'm so happy to see her!
                    That was very nice. Thank you!
                    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

You're welcome! I have a ton of screencaps from here and other places that I finally uploaded to Photobucket and I'm having fun keeping the thread alive with them. The comments from previous pages really cracked me up so I thought I'd keep going with it.

Oh, got my copy of BoBL earlier this week. Hubby wasn't really impressed but I enjoyed it. Lots of funny moments and the ending was not what I was expecting at all!! David really has the most expressive face, doesn't he? And wow did his blue eyes stand out!
                      sigpic
                      Lady Pandora

Comment

Good morning!!
                        sigpic
                        Lady Pandora

Comment

Ugh. Monday already?!
                          sigpic
                          Lady Pandora

Comment

You made it through Monday!

Good for you!
                            Excellent!! We are both proud of you!
                            sigpic
                            Lady Pandora

Comment

Hmm. I have some bad news. You still need to survive Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to make it to Friday.
                              sigpic
                              Lady Pandora

Comment

Oh, Thank you for the Radek pics! I almost didn't make it through Monday. Needed it!
                                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                                X