Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HyperCaz
    I just thought that you David Nykl fans might like to hear some stuff from my con report...
    Thanks for the report. David seems like he's lots of fun at a convention.

Say, are both Nykl and Hewlett both David? Or both Dave? Or is one David and the other Dave? Or is it Nykl and Hewlett?

Silly question but I was just curious if you noticed.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I didn't hear either one called "dave". *shrugs* but i guess they would have to have a difference.

Comment

I just thought that you David Nykl fans might like to hear some stuff from my con report...

- A young woman had a question from a website that liked David. The question was “when is Zelenka going to take off his shirt? Preferably wet?” David quipped that he didn’t know what time he had at the con. He also said it would be a “really hard email to write to Brad…and some oil please…”

- He then continued the wet topless gag with “take my shirt off and rub myself in oil…take pictures of that and post it on the net…ooh, how did that get there?”

rest of report here: http://www.sg1database.net/smf/index.php?topic=3216.0
        So he didn't tell you that he likes the idea of wearing Teyla's clothing I take it!
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I didn't hear either one called "dave". *shrugs* but i guess they would have to have a difference.
          It kinda makes that "completes each other's sentences" thing their characters have on the program even funnier. I can see the director calling out "David!" and both of them turning and saying "Yes?"

I was reminded of the main cast of Star Trek: Voyager. There was Robert Beltran, Robert Duncan McNeill and Robert Picardo. But, just by luck, it's actually Robert Beltran, Robbie Duncan McNeill and Bob Picardo. All Roberts, but they all went by a different form of the name.

So I thought it would be interesting to know if, for example, David Hewlett usually went by David but David Nykl preferred Dave. Then the name thing would pose no problem.

And, here's a first look at Dr. Radek Zelenka from Thirty Eight Minutes.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

David Nykl strikes me as a very intelligent guy. I was impressed.

Comment

I just read another BOBW con report. This one's by the wonderful vid maker Derry.

I'm so jealous!
              Last edited by watcher652; 16 November 2005, 10:01 PM.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Ellymelly and I have taken to calling Zelenka "bunny boy"

We even asked David Nykl what he thought of it. Poor guy. On screencaps he said, "these things happen" and "beware screencaps".

Comment

Two Zelekna icons. Only two, lame, I know, I'll put some more up later. However, right now it's almost three in the morning and I'm up in less than three hours, and PhotoBucket is being lame and slow.

Oh, and, Con reports = love!

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Just watching my DVD --- saw the scene where Zelenka says to Weir "you are the loop". Sooooo cute! And his reaction when she says "isn't that nice of you?" very funny!
                    The guy's cool!

Comment

A little Radek from The Siege.

Ah yes, his hair is just the right length and he took off his glasses, the better to see his blue eyes.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                        I just participated in an on-line chat with David Nykl, who is attending Wolf SG-10 in London.
                        Look, here's the transcript. So nice of them to let us all read it. And with photos and videos, too! Well, the vids just show David typing, but still, a nice treat.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Radek is happy we found the transcript.

My kind of guy:

Comment

So Claudia Black will be a new cast member on SG1. That gives more credence to the thought that Amanda Tapping may be doing more Atlantis episodes. Now, I have nothing against Amanda or the Samantha Carter character. But, she's a hard science person and a soldier. We do not need another one of either of those on Atlantis. I'm afraid that if she comes over, that she'll take lines away from anyone who interacts scientifically with McKay, namely Zelenka. There are only 42 minutes a show and only so much technobabble to spread around.

I never loved SG1. Blasphemy. Oh, it was fine, I admired the writing and I didn't have anything against it. But it never grabbed me, for whatever reason. I'm pretty much in the minority in that view, I know.

But I love Atlantis and its cast of characters. I don't know why, the same set of people are making it. But this combination of actors and storylines just caught me like SG1 never did.

I wanted to see them out of contact with Earth for at least one more season, so we could get to know the characters a little bit better without the looming big brother of SG1. But that didn't happen. Now, perhaps, there will be another shake up.

I'm very depressed right now. I hope I don't lose Radek. I really like his counterpoint to McKay's bluster. Radek's steadiness and support. It won't be, can't be, the same if it's Carter.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                              I never loved SG1. Blasphemy. Oh, it was fine, I admired the writing and I didn't have anything against it. But it never grabbed me, for whatever reason. I'm pretty much in the minority in that view, I know. But I love Atlantis and its cast of characters. I don't know why, the same set of people are making it. But this combination of actors and storylines just caught me like SG1 never did.
                              No, you're not alone, I feel the same about SG1. SGA has something special that had me hooked in an instant. I'm still hoping they won't mess up everything. And I also want to see lots of Radek in SGA's future, not Carter. The character of Zelenka is simply more important and more interesting to me.

We'll see. I think the major decisions have already been made by TPTB.
                              Bye, A.
                              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

With the whole Carter thing it is possible that
                                Spoiler:
                                she'll come by to get first hand reports of all the progress and be shown how everything works and the process behind it. Zelenka and McKay can be teaching this to her. After she's learned everything she goes back to Earth and has the R+D people reverse engineer the things in the city.

That solves the Carter in Atlantis for a few episodes, Vala being on SG-1 and Amanda being with her baby and keeping Zelenka alive.

But, that just what I think.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                                Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X