Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, that one I just love them both grinning like that

Comment

Me too, they both have such beautiful smiles.
      I have a transitioning Stargate background for my desktop and that's one of my faves on there.
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
        Thought I'd pop by and give Radek some love.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...um/Echoes2.jpg
        Where are all my thunkers? Do I even have any anymore?
        J: Oh Radek, how could you not?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...bum/Radek4.jpg
        Carson and Col. Sheppard have been getting all the attention recently...
        J: I suppose, but I for one have been thinking about you too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...bum/Storm1.jpg
        Really?
        J: Of course! *hugs*
        OK, I feel a little better now.
        J: And I'm sure Rosehawk's never too far away either.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...bum/Sunday.jpg
        Oh yes, I love Rosehawk - my No.1 thunker... *waits for her*

Hehe
        Thanks Jae, that was simply awesome and made my day, which was a rather long one today... and yes...I am never to far away from thunkin' my main man Zelenka!
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

You mean this one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...um/Allies1.jpg
          I always have it close to hand. I love it so much
          Yum...they both have such lovely smiles....*sigh*...yeah yummmmmmmm!
          sigpic

Comment

Aw, a long day? Radek will make you feel better...

Come here, Rose...

How the Czech going, BTW?
            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"

sigpic
            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This one's cute too. I'm using a slightly smaller cropped version as my avatar on Last.fm - it looks like he's the one noting down the songs I'm listening to.
              Lots of Wohnout, I see!

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Aw, a long day? Radek will make you feel better...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ortalCoil1.jpg
                Come here, Rose...
                *faints* *Picks self up off the floor* OMG, those eyes look right at you. *faints...again*!!!! Yes, I feel much better, much better indeed!!!!!

Originally posted by Jae'a

How the Czech going, BTW?
                Czech is going okay. I'm very frustated with the teaching style. The class is not like a college or even high school level course. The teacher is a high level manager in the company, nice guy, really he's a nice guy...however he teaches like a manager and not a teacher. It's more important to him to get through all the agenda items and he tends to cater to the one guy in the class that has had Czech before because the rest of us slow things up because we are trying to pronouce words correctly..and trust me, Czech likes their constants which can be challenging when you are use to having alot more vowels in a word...so it's not always easy to shape the words in your mouth...it comes with practice though.

And he throws alot of stuff in class too...really most of us just want to practice speaking and writing, though I think the teach is starting to get the message...last class we worked just on numbers and he had a randomnater so it would generate them randomly...which was cool as that really challenges the brain.

What I'd really like to get is a penpal or someone I can talk with to just practice...through I do have to learn alot more vocabulary... I have an app idea for my cell phone that I would like to make to help me with this...but I haven't figured out yet how to make an app. The one's currently out there are more than what I am looking for... *sigh*

At least I will have the basics when my daughter and I take our trip to Europe. Her and I can both do Spanish and then with a bit of Czech...it should be interesting.....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                  Czech is going okay. I'm very frustated with the teaching style. The class is not like a college or even high school level course. The teacher is a high level manager in the company, nice guy, really he's a nice guy...however he teaches like a manager and not a teacher. It's more important to him to get through all the agenda items and he tends to cater to the one guy in the class that has had Czech before because the rest of us slow things up because we are trying to pronouce words correctly..and trust me, Czech likes their constants which can be challenging when you are use to having alot more vowels in a word...so it's not always easy to shape the words in your mouth...it comes with practice though.
                  Oh that's right, you're learning through your workplace/company, aren't you? Sounds frustrating...
                  Yeah, I believe Czech has quite a few words without vowels, right? That must be weird...

And he throws alot of stuff in class too...really most of us just want to practice speaking and writing, though I think the teach is starting to get the message...last class we worked just on numbers and he had a randomnater so it would generate them randomly...which was cool as that really challenges the brain.
                  Oh cool, I like the sound of that.
                  I learned some German in school and, apart from some obvious stuff that most people know, about the only thing I remember these days is all the numbers!
                  In Czech I only know 1, 2 & 3, haha

What I'd really like to get is a penpal or someone I can talk with to just practice...through I do have to learn alot more vocabulary... I have an app idea for my cell phone that I would like to make to help me with this...but I haven't figured out yet how to make an app. The one's currently out there are more than what I am looking for... *sigh*
                  Yeah, someone to practice with would be helpful. Didn't there used to be a Czech guy who visited this thread now and again? Pity he's not still around...
                  But have you seen this guy on YouTube called Anthony Lauder (his username is 'FluentCzech')? His vids look quite useful. I have only watched a few so far, but he seems to know what he's talking about! (Even though he's actually English, like me. )

At least I will have the basics when my daughter and I take our trip to Europe. Her and I can both do Spanish and then with a bit of Czech...it should be interesting.....
                  Oh, that sounds fun, have a good time! Are you going to a few different places, or just those two?

sigpic
                  >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Oh that's right, you're learning through your workplace/company, aren't you? Sounds frustrating...
                    It is a bit frustrating and I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Yeah, I believe Czech has quite a few words without vowels, right? That must be weird...
                    I'm not sure if you really get any words without vowels, probably a few here and there. English considers the 'y' as a vowel when the aeiou's are not in the word so as in David's last name Nykl...we'd consider the 'y' a vowel.

It's just with Czech you can get a string of constantants with combinations like trp or khl and a few characters with unique sounds...and the mouth just doesn't want to move that way...it gets there eventually with lots of practice.

Yeah, someone to practice with would be helpful. Didn't there used to be a Czech guy who visited this thread now and again? Pity he's not still around...
                    Pajus use to visit but he left Gateworld a few years ago and pretty much said he was never coming back.

But have you seen this guy on YouTube called Anthony Lauder (his username is 'FluentCzech')? His vids look quite useful. I have only watched a few so far, but he seems to know what he's talking about! (Even though he's actually English, like me. )
                    I will have to check him out...thanks!

Oh, that sounds fun, have a good time! Are you going to a few different places, or just those two?
                    My daughter wants to go to the UK. I've been to the UK and spent some time there. I kind of told her that if we go, I want to visit more than one country. I have family history in Germany so that was on my too do list and I'd love to go to Poland and the Czech Republic. She wants to go to France and Italy as well...so if we manage to pull it off, it will be hitting a few high points all across Europe. We haven't established when we are going yet.
                    sigpic

Comment

*puts da kettle on for Rose*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                        *puts da kettle on for Rose*
                        Why thanksee's. Would you like me to bring tea, coffee or hot chocolate????

And of course something Zelenka!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

a hot Zelenka would go down nice
                          sigpic

Comment

*Boom!*

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

**faints**
                              sigpic

Comment

*wanders into thread,sees hawt Czech shots,watches brain cell go boom* Hullo lovelies. Long time no type. Someone mentioned hawt Czecholate and my brain conjured a shirtless,sweaty Radek in the hot sun. *cough* I'll take some tanning oil to slather all over poor Radek's tanned back...er...I'll take some mini marshmallows for the hot chocolate. Um,I have no idea how the hell tanning oil and sweaty,shirtless Atlantis engineers got mixed up with mini marshmallows. I blame all of the sweet potatoes I ate at Thanksgiving (we shan't mention the rest of the veggies I packed a way and left the meat for the carnivores). My excuse,sticking to it. hehe More hawt Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X