No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love facial hair on men; beards, moustaches....as long as the guy can wear it well and David can definitely wear a beard and moustache well. In the picture when he gets that look in his eye...makes me forget it's David in the picture and makes me want to know what this guy is all about.

Originally posted by Nayari
    but the character that beard could be has my full and complete attention. I am eager to see a slightly wild David
    I sooooooooo agree!!!!!!!!

I was really surprised when I saw David at a convention in Tornoto a few years ago, he was growing a mustache for a new audition which he was excited for and the audience reaction of the moustache was rather surprising and pretty negative...most completely ignored the fact that he was growing it for an audition which meant potiental work and many told him outright they didn't like it. One guy during the Q&A even brought in a shaving kit and asked him to shave it in front of everyone. Hewlett was with him on stage and even Hewlett was surprise at the request.

Now Zelenka with a beard or moustache I don't think would work...but David, yep it works!

Though a wild and feral Zelenka., I really like that idea.....
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Yeah, this last convention was a real shock to me, I admit, as it revealed just how brave (read: cruel) people can get when they get up to the microphone and talk to people. I honestly think poor Joe and Paul were FRIGHTENED of the kids! And Michael was so good to the girls who asked him to marry them. I mean, I could barely think, I was so shocked.

I hope we see hairless David again - AFTER he reveals who this new and emerging man is going to be.

Does anyone have a complete list of projects David has worked on since The Beast of Bottomless Lake? I've been remiss and not been taking notes. I've seen him talking on Twitter about various things but I couldn't tell you what is out and what is coming up? The only thing I know of is A Christmas Miracle and I don't care how corny it is, if it's Christmas and David I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nayari View Post
        Yeah, this last convention was a real shock to me, I admit, as it revealed just how brave (read: cruel) people can get when they get up to the microphone and talk to people. I honestly think poor Joe and Paul were FRIGHTENED of the kids! And Michael was so good to the girls who asked him to marry them. I mean, I could barely think, I was so shocked.
        Yeah, those kids were pretty rude. Sad thing is they thought they were funny and so did their parents but after the first time, and they did it everytime after that, it wasn't funny. People's nerves can get the better of them when they get up to ask questions and when that happens they tend to blurt what's in their brains, unfiltered, which can be embarassing for fangirls (or fanboys) so I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, however when there is a pattern of the behavior, that's a whole different story. I've even seen fans try to pick(as in sexual ineuendo, not physically lifting up)the talent up while on stage - that was at my first convention.

I had a few questions for David but I'm so worried about making an ass of myself with my nerves in front of everyone that I typically don't get up and ask questions, though this last time I wish I did get up. David gets asked the same questions at every convention and I had a few different ones for a change. I almost got up but chickened out at the last moment. I think if David would have had a longer stage time, I would have gotten up.

Michael has probably had so many marriage proposals that he just goes with the flow. In a way, it's flattering...... Michael was really really sweet at this last convention, relaxed and just out to have fun. I've seen him at some where he has been a bit uptight and it shows when he is onstage.
        sigpic

Comment

Yep. I know all about the brain going blank. When I got up there to ask Cliff Simon my question and he made the comment about the '60 balls', I literally forgot everything. I just stood there at the mic, giggling like an idiot.

And David....I don't know how I got my questions out. I just know I asked the questions. And I know I surprised him, because he was like: "Hey, you're the same person...."

Comment

Sometimes I think these guys like to make fans squirm a bit...it is funny when they do that to a fan....

You did great when you asked your questions with David....
            sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, I don't mind being the butt of Cliff Simon's joke. I wish I had been looser with David though. It would have been nice to see him smile. I was so serious, cause I was so nervous!!!

Anyway. It was a DREAM COME TRUE, ESPECIALLY in the autograph line. I can't wait to go back next year! *hope hope*

Comment

Oh yeah, I don't mind being the butt of Cliff Simon's joke. I wish I had been looser with David though. It would have been nice to see him smile. I was so serious, cause I was so nervous!!!

Anyway. It was a DREAM COME TRUE, ESPECIALLY in the autograph line. I can't wait to go back next year! *hope hope*
                It gets easier the next time you see him. You have most of the knots in your stomach already worked out...David likes to say something to each person which is so cool...it can't be easy but he makes it seem so! Though for me, it wasn't until the third convention that I saw him at that I relaxed enough to have a decent conversation and not ramble or let my nerves get my mouth going.....

I'm not sure I am going to Chicago this next year, even with Amanda and Ben, but if David goes...I am so there!!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have a complete list of projects David has worked on since The Beast of Bottomless Lake? I've been remiss and not been taking notes. I've seen him talking on Twitter about various things but I couldn't tell you what is out and what is coming up? The only thing I know of is A Christmas Miracle and I don't care how corny it is, if it's Christmas and David I'm there.
                  He did 'Camera Shy' which so far has only shown at the Vancouver Film Festival; no updates if it's going to show anywhere else.
                  Then there was 'A Christmas Miracle' - I didn't think it was corny, it was predicatable, that didn't matter to me. I'd describe it more as cute and heart warming rather than corney. IMO it should have been on the Hallmark channel. Dan Payne was really wonderful as the lead. Love Dan's voice when he gets all soft and quiet.
                  Another movie David is in is 'Chupacabra vs. the Alamo' where he is the medical examiner. It was suppose to show on Sy-Fy, next week - the 10th but something else is now showing in it's place and no word yet on whether SyFy will show it or if it will go direct to DVD.

And absolutely no updates on anything with the beard other than the cryptic twitter he sent.

I miss his blog...I think we got better updates with his blog, even though it was a long time between most entries.
                  sigpic

Comment

I love that title, 'Camera Shy'. Sounds like it could be a thriller, a horror film, OR a romantic comedy. (Knowing David, perhaps all three?) I don't think I've ever seen him in a film where he's a romantic lead. Now that would be hard to watch (hard as in I'd be drooling or dying every scene from the heat!) He does have great screen presence as a villain though - I just wish he would get the chance to do more in each film. He seems to have a lot of scene-stealing roles but that's it... (I know 'Beast...' is an exception).

Comment

I love that title, 'Camera Shy'. Sounds like it could be a thriller, a horror film, OR a romantic comedy. (Knowing David, perhaps all three?) I don't think I've ever seen him in a film where he's a romantic lead. Now that would be hard to watch (hard as in I'd be drooling or dying every scene from the heat!) He does have great screen presence as a villain though - I just wish he would get the chance to do more in each film. He seems to have a lot of scene-stealing roles but that's it... (I know 'Beast...' is an exception).
                      Camera Shy is a comedy about a guy who begins to think a Camera is following him around and in reality one is. Unfortunetly David has a secondary role in this movie, he is the psychatrist that's helping the main character out. I just hope that at some point it ends up on a DVD, YouTube or somewhere else on the internet so we can watch it. It sounds like a fun movie and it gots some nice reviews.

As far as I know, David hasn't done a role where he is a romantic lead. "The Beast of Bottomless Lake" was the closest I've seen and that was a comedy romantic and that story wasn't about the relationship between Paul Moran and his girlfriend. Christmas Miracle, he had a wife and we saw him kissing her a few times in the movie but that still not the same as having a romantic lead role. I'm like you, I'd love to see David in a role like that.

I love that..you are right, he does manage to be a scene-stealer with the small roles that he's had. The guy has charisma and a wonderful sense of timing and it shows!!!!!!!!!

He's talented enough that he deserves to have more lead roles....lets hope it happens for him!

I'm bummed that we get to see so little of his work now that SGA is done, over and long gone!
                      sigpic

Comment

There's a Radek photo signed by David for a charity auction on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CSTS-Dr-Rade...item3ccc022794

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Thought I'd pop by and give Radek some love.

Where are all my thunkers? Do I even have any anymore?
                          J: Oh Radek, how could you not?

Carson and Col. Sheppard have been getting all the attention recently...
                          J: I suppose, but I for one have been thinking about you too.

Really?
                          J: Of course! *hugs*
                          OK, I feel a little better now.
                          J: And I'm sure Rosehawk's never too far away either.

Oh yes, I love Rosehawk - my No.1 thunker... *waits for her*

Hehe
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Hi Aang and Carson, how sweet of you!
                            My favourite double thunk - my top two SGA guys.
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Mmmm yeah it is a pretty nice double thunk...I seem to have misplaced it, but I had the version of it where they were grinning...somewhere...

Comment

You mean this one?

I always have it close to hand. I love it so much

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X