Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
    *grins* Rosehawk,are ya saying ya could keep Radek busy? hehe Ever,if Rosehawk releases Radek within the next,say year,I'll send him on to you. As long as you lot promise to feed him,and pet him,and call him Hot Czech Stuff,I don't think Radek will argue. lol Thanks for the links Rosehawk!! More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
    Oh yes...I would have no problem keeping Radek busy, entertained and very preoccupied!

He will be well fed and well handled!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

*smirks* Rosehawk,are ya saying you'd let Radek *cough* type on your keyboard? Or he'd have to get into certain positions to *cough* check your connections? hehe More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
      sigpic

Comment

I still don´t understand why would someone want to learn Czech unless he/she would work/live here or was an excetionally good with languages. As far as I know, Czech is one of the most difficult languages (we have some "specialities" which are problematic even for native speakers) and I have a great respect to anyone who gets through first few lessons and won´t quit I just started learning third language and I forgot how difficult it is to learn a foreign language (I had English and German at school since I was a kid so I guess it´s different when you have it at school and *have to* study it )

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
          I still don´t understand why would someone want to learn Czech unless he/she would work/live here or was an excetionally good with languages. As far as I know, Czech is one of the most difficult languages (we have some "specialities" which are problematic even for native speakers) and I have a great respect to anyone who gets through first few lessons and won´t quit I just started learning third language and I forgot how difficult it is to learn a foreign language (I had English and German at school since I was a kid so I guess it´s different when you have it at school and *have to* study it )
          Hey Klenotka - I guess one really can't explain it that might make sense. For me it's really not about Radek, David Nykl or SGA; I am at a point in my life where I have the time to learn and do different things. I've met alot of Czech people here on GW and I work with a few Czechs at my job. My work offers language courses for free and I wanted to learn another language as well as continue on with practicing Spanish so it just seemed like Czech was a nice fit to learn. I tried German and didn't like that to well.

Czech is difficult but all languages have their uniqueness about them that makes them challenging and part of the fun of learning something new is overcoming the challenges. I am finding with learning Czech that it has helped alot that I learned another language when I was younger.

I have accepted the fact that I will never fully get the 'rolling r' (sorry this keyboard can't do the diratics)- the hardest letter to sound in Czech but because of my Spanish I get close! I am currently struggling with the 'ch' as we pronouce that different here in the States. It really helps in class that we have a native Czech speaker who helps us with pronounciation - for me this past year has been trying hard to get the pronouciation down otherwise the rest will get frustrating for me.

There is something about your language that I connect to and I am really enjoying learning Czech.

And I do hope someday to visit Europe again and if that happens, the Czech Republic will be on the agenda!
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

*nods sagely* I agree with Rosehawk and wanting to learn and do different things.
            I do admit David sparked my interest in wanting to learn Czech (thanks David!) but I've always had a thing for wanting to learn new languages. *smirks* I remember learning how to roll my 'r's for Spanish and boy did my boyfriend appreciate the hell outta that. lol More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
            sigpic

Comment

I understand that. I also started to learn a third language recently (two foreign languages don´t seem to be enough these days). I appreciate when English native speakers decide to learn another language.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Just love David's speech in the first episode of Continuum. Reminds me of the speech about freedom in 12 Angry Men by Jiri (George) Voskovec. Hope it was intended as it would be such a nice reference back to the Czech actor.

Comment

Welcome to the thread smajlik.cd! Does anyone have a link to David's speech in the first Continuum episode smajlik.cd mentioned? More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                    I found this clip on YouTube. It's a deleted scene where Zelenka and McKay are discussing the 9th Chevron. I don't know what episode it would have been in so I'm guessing it would have been one in Season 4 or 5:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT1W4...eature=related
                    That came from The Shrine (season 5), an episode which credited David but didn't have him in it because the scene (this scene) was cut.

Also, I wanted to share this. I don't know if anyone has shared it yet or not since I'm still trying to catch up, but here it is. I thought y'all would enjoy it.

P.S. I tried to green a lot of your posts, but darn it, GWF wouldn't let me, so hugs all around guys.
                    sigpic

Comment

*squishy tackle hugs Hiccups* Hiya hon! Long time no type. Don't be a stranger 'kay? Thanks for the link. More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                      sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't this make you just want to watch the news ladies?
                        Over and over and over...

(It came from his Twitter page.)
                        sigpic

Comment

It might even entice me to turn on CNN for those twenty minutes or so.
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

*smirks* I'd watch David's segments over and over that's for sure. hehe Did David mention what he's doing in the CNN studios? *high fives David for his cool news gig* Hmm...David's looking pretty damn hawt with his news gig too. *bounces* Guess what? I've started my tongue gymnastics aka Czech lessons through my local library. Don't worry Rosehawk,I've got your sites in my faves so I'll have a variety of Czech hot spots. *rolls eyes* Okay,that last bit came out a tad wonky. *points to David* He started it. My excuse,sticking to it. lol More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                            sigpic

Comment

WOW Hiccups, that is one great pic of him, i'd definately watch the news
                              sigpic

Comment

*tackle hugs Pookey* Hiya hon! Long time no type. Don't be a stranger 'kay? More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X