No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend's Gateworld theme was celebrating St. Patrick's day.

So there was lots and lots and lots of green.

Zelenka is Czech for Green! Well actually it's zeleny (with an accent on the y) however Czech word endings change depending on the circumstances!

So this weekend we saw lots of Zelenka, well sort of!
    Last edited by Rosehawk; 18 March 2012, 02:00 PM.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I hated the entire episode where Radek was stabbed. It was another "Keller in the woods" episode. I think the whole second half of Season 5 was weak...also because of the lack of Zelenka (and Chuck) in it. They brought some woman who was suddenly there all the time, even in the last scene of the show.

Anyway, Nayari, I hope the Creation Con (is that Creation con, right?) will work out well for you David is awesome. He is funny, cute, he hugs, he loves it Well, it was probably different when he was here few times since he was "home" (I met him few times outside the discussion panel and he is also very good listener)
      So good luck with that

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

*smirks* Rosehawk,I like the way ya think. hehe We need as much Zelenka as we can get. *tacklehugs Klenotka* Hiya hon!! Long time no type. Visit us more often okay? More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Cute Czech shot Ever!! Got more? hehe Ever,your stabbed!Radek pic helped the muse get the next bits of my fic written. lol More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
            sigpic

Comment

Aak! Not mine! Ever's so not a whumper!

Glad your muse is working for you though
              sigpic

Comment

*smirks* Ever, it's fine you're not a whumer but I do thank you for finding a pic that helped my muse overcome that pesky writer's block. Now that I've got the whumpy bits written,it'll be on to the comfort part of the story. More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                sigpic

Comment

The comfort part of the fic I love!
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

*grins* I'll make sure the comfort part is up to snuff (hopefully). Wicked pic hon!! Hmm...alright lovelies,what are some traditional Czech birthday foods? I wanna work that idea into the Fic That Won't Stop Growing. Lemme know your thoughts or point me to a link. You lot rock!! More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                      sigpic

Comment

With some quick searching...

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/world-...ll.aspx?page=1

or

http://www.littleprague.com/Recipes.htm

The first seems to be the best of the two. I'll still look if you need me to.
                        sigpic

Comment

Of course, this one looks good too!
                          http://www.my-prague-sights.com/czech-recipes.html
                          sigpic

Comment

Of course, this one looks good too!
                            http://www.my-prague-sights.com/czech-recipes.html
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow Ever!! You so rock!! *grins* I checked out all 3 sites and bookmarked all of them....and now I'm hungry too. hehe I'll give ya proper credit for Radek's food when I get to writing that part of the fic. More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                              sigpic

Comment

Alright lovelies,I've got another chappy or two from my fic. As always, it has humor,snark,action,whump,minor foul language,unbetaed,and came from my brain. hehe }:O
                                Spoiler:

The pair fall silent as Lt. Middleton walks over to Col. Sheppard.
                                “Sir, with your permission, I’d like to get Hamilton back to Atlantis. He’s gonna need surgery and we’ve done all we can for him here. Adam’s stable for the moment but that could change quickly.”
                                “Permission granted lieutenant. Do either of you have the gene?” Middleton shakes her head ‘no’. Sheppard waves over Sgt. Miller and assigns him to fly Hamilton and the medics back to Atlantis. A pair of geeks and goons carefully lift Hamilton’s stretcher and head for the Jumper. Lorne and Sheppard roll their eyes as McKay and the geek squad continue bickering.
                                “Alright kids, quit *****ing. This isn’t helping Radek. If you can’t put aside your differences, I’ll assign new scientists, is that clear?” The snarling scientists stop bickering. McKay snaps his fingers as he paces.
                                “Okay, we need schematics of this room and the rooms on either side, we need to know if Zelenka’s A Team triggered any traps, we need…”
                                “To know if there are any rooms above or below Dr. Zelenka so we can plan possible ingress and egress routes,” Dr. Beiswenger adds as she paces opposite McKay. He nods as the pair launch into a more civilized, quiet conversation with their fellow geeks. Sheppard blinks at the huddled nerd herd then turns to the others.
                                “It must be bad if their *****ing didn’t last more than a minute. Lorne, Teyla, what can you tell me about the room Radek’s in?”
                                “I’ll show you instead,” Teyla answers as she retrieves the fallen video camera. Although covered in dust, the camera flares to life; Teyla points out Radek’s areas of interest and the room’s squat dimensions.
                                “What are you guys doing? We have to get started…” McKay’s rant dies when Teyla shows him the recording.
                                “Good thinking Teyla. Hey Sasha!! Take a look at this!” Beiswenger hurries over and studies the replay. She suggests an ATA carrier carefully document room 35 to determine any damage. Sheppard assigns Sgt Richard and Beiswenger appoints one of her engineers, Dr. Moeller, to assess the room for structural stability. The pair rush off as the senior personnel organize their limited resources and await backup.
                                More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X