Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pookey View Post
    i just went to order BoBL and its gonna cost me bout £26, i miscalculated last time,thought it was lower, bit much for a DVD, even if it does contain our lovely David
    Yeah, it's a bit expensive. If it wasn't for David (and actually after meeting Kennedy and Craig who are the producers as well as in the movie) I would have had second thoughts about buying it at such a high price.

The main company that makes the majority of DVD's worldwide was hit hard, if not destroyed, by the Tsunami that hit Japan so they went with a local DVD maker and EVERYTHING in Vancouver is expensive! My guess too is that they probably are not getting a good volume discount either - they are advertising the DVD as a limited released which means not as many DVD's are going to be made.

They are adding alot of extras, including a commentary with David and some deleted and behind the scenes stuff so at least there will be some nice extras to get to see. I suspect there may also be a tribute to the guy who started this all - Keith Provost - who died before he got to see his vision come true!
    Last edited by Rosehawk; 09 July 2011, 04:11 PM.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

*smirks* You lot know how to cheer up this wounded bird. Thanks! }:O
      sigpic

Comment

How's the arm Crw? Maybe the bruise has shown up in the form of David's head?
        sigpic

Comment

Hey Crimsonravenwolf...maybe the lovely doctor can help heal you faster!
          Provided the pics don't give you a heart attack!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

I'm ill too !! Can I call the doctor ?

Comment

Originally posted by Melena View Post
              I'm ill too !! Can I call the doctor ?
              Sure. I think he would be happy to help!

sigpic

Comment

*melts* oooo *throws apples away* dont wanna keep that doctor away
                sigpic

Comment

*watches brain cell go boom and curses tryin' to type one handed* GUH. Wicked pix gang! They definitely cheer me up. *smirks* Sadly I don't have a Nykl shaped bruise on my bum arm (I'd post pix if it were) and I'm now in a forearm immobilizer (removeable so I can shower) and I start physio this afternoon. Hmmm....somehow my arm whump sounds like the seed to a Radek whump ficlet. *rubs hand excitedly* Must scribble thoughts before they fly away. More Czech shots please!! Woohoo! }:O
                  sigpic

Comment

Could you imagine if Zelenka injured his arm and McKay injured his hand or leg or something and the two had to go around helping each other to function as one? That would be hillarious! I could just imagine the Czech cursing and egotistical belittling we would be hearing with that! They so should have done that as a subplot in an episode. They missed a gold nugget there I think.
                    sigpic

Comment

That would have been brilliant. My ficcy brain is now working...
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Or, even if McKay had his leg in a cast and Zelenka didn't see him reach for something that he is just picking up in order to do his work while looking in a microscope or something and McKay falls. Oh the hillarity.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
                          Could you imagine if Zelenka injured his arm and McKay injured his hand or leg or something and the two had to go around helping each other to function as one? That would be hillarious! I could just imagine the Czech cursing and egotistical belittling we would be hearing with that! They so should have done that as a subplot in an episode. They missed a gold nugget there I think.
                          That would be funny...however I suspect that Rodney would have a hard time handling the energy that all incompasses the Zelenka greatness!

Next you know, Rodney would be speaking Czech!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                            That would be funny...however I suspect that Rodney would have a hard time handling the energy that all incompasses the Zelenka greatness!

Next you know, Rodney would be speaking Czech!
                            I don't think he would take the time out of his "brilliant" schedule for that "nonsense" knowing Rodney. So I figure the only way that would happen would be unless he were zapped with some Ancient or alien technology of some kind.
                            sigpic

Comment

it would be funny if Rodney spoke Czech to Radek and Radek became like Rodney...ermmm not possible...he's far to nice to be arrogant *nods*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                                it would be funny if Rodney spoke Czech to Radek and Radek became like Rodney...ermmm not possible...he's far to nice to be arrogant *nods*
                                I would love to have seen Rodney speak alittle Czech to Radek...oh wait he sort of did - remember Rod?!

And no, no, no....we do not want Radek to be like Rodney - this world can only handle one Rodney!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X