No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info and link Rosehawk!! So David's gonna be at DragonCon huh? Yay!! I'm going this summer too...hopefully I'll have a copy for David to sign. More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
    sigpic

Comment

Really?? Wow..guess we've been a tad bit luck in the States with DVD prices, they are usually slightly cheaper depending on the movie!
      Yea, its same here, if its a new one it can be between £15 and £12, depending on the movie
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
        Thanks for the info and link Rosehawk!! So David's gonna be at DragonCon huh? Yay!! I'm going this summer too...hopefully I'll have a copy for David to sign. More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
        Have fun! We expect lots of fun stories and piccies!

I think there is quite a few Stargate alumni going - Amanda Tapping, Joe Flanigan an David Blue to name a few.

I'd like to go but that's a really tough weekend to go!
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Oh, I just could not be more excited! Actually, his going really sealed it for me. Last year Michael Shanks was going, as was Hewlett, and I was itching to go, but I ended up moving that day. When Hewlett dropped out (I think because of guest size restrictions?) I didn't feel so bad, but I knew if I missed David Nykl this year I wouldn't be able to handle it!

I'm drawing a picture for him to sign... I've got one finished, but it's not so great, so I might try another one. I'll post it once it's scanned if anyone's interested.

Comment

Originally posted by gypsydiver View Post
            Oh, I just could not be more excited! Actually, his going really sealed it for me. Last year Michael Shanks was going, as was Hewlett, and I was itching to go, but I ended up moving that day. When Hewlett dropped out (I think because of guest size restrictions?) I didn't feel so bad, but I knew if I missed David Nykl this year I wouldn't be able to handle it!
            lol, that was my reaction when I saw him in Chicago in 2008. I wasn't going to go to the convention. I went for the first time the year before with Paul McGillion and had a fun time but it wasn't something I planned on continuing doing. When they announced David...I just HAD to go!

And another plus is that going to conventions I've met some really great people and made alot of new friends!

David Nykl really is fun to watch and listen to on stage so you should have a good time!

Originally posted by gypsydiver
            I'm drawing a picture for him to sign... I've got one finished, but it's not so great, so I might try another one. I'll post it once it's scanned if anyone's interested.
            Cool. That's a nice idea! I'd love to see it! You might want to wait to post it until after the convention so that no one can snurch it before you get a chance to show it to David!
            sigpic

Comment

I thought some of you might like this sig I made...

sigpic

Comment

*sigh* just a tad bit too quiet on the David Nykl front. I sure miss seeing him on TV!!

And Crimsonravenwolf...I could not think of any response that could be put on a pg forum as to what flavors of Nykl shots or one loaded Nykl spread (of which I see a table of food with David in the middle) so for now you just have to use your imagination!
                Last edited by Rosehawk; 05 June 2011, 07:43 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey, I had another dream about him the other night. I dreamt I saw him go through a door, so I followed him. Apparently, he was meeting with studio execs to watch a shoot he had done earlier. I wanted to see, but I knew they would question me. For some reason I was holding a six pack of toilet tissue (the kind that used to have the pretty little girls snuggling the flower blossoms on it for those of you old enough to remember). With that, I looked like I was just running an errand for a top exec, so no one thought a thing about it. I tried to watch the screen as I was trying to look inconspicuous. Then, I followed David, but had to stop because he was going into the bathroom. He looked at me before he went in though because he knew I was following him. I turned red and asked him if he needed any tissue. He smiled, said no, then went in by himself. Then I looked down and saw I was wearing a shirt with David Nykl's picture on it, you know, one of those homemade jobs. How embarassing!
                  sigpic

Comment

Thought you might appreciate this...

sigpic

Comment

Of course! Thanks!
                      sigpic

Comment

Mine are snurchable.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          I thought some of you might like this sig I made...
                          Oh, I absolutely love it! Omnomnom.

The middle one is one of my favorite Radek moments ever, rolling his eyes at McKay. Teehee. Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
                            Hey, I had another dream about him the other night. I dreamt I saw him go through a door, so I followed him. Apparently, he was meeting with studio execs to watch a shoot he had done earlier. I wanted to see, but I knew they would question me. For some reason I was holding a six pack of toilet tissue (the kind that used to have the pretty little girls snuggling the flower blossoms on it for those of you old enough to remember). With that, I looked like I was just running an errand for a top exec, so no one thought a thing about it. I tried to watch the screen as I was trying to look inconspicuous. Then, I followed David, but had to stop because he was going into the bathroom. He looked at me before he went in though because he knew I was following him. I turned red and asked him if he needed any tissue. He smiled, said no, then went in by himself. Then I looked down and saw I was wearing a shirt with David Nykl's picture on it, you know, one of those homemade jobs. How embarassing!
                            lol...I've sort of done the shirt thing *blushes*

At the convention in April - Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett and Paul McGillion were doing a trio photo op - for me I really wanted David in the picture too but it wasn't going to happen as by that time David was at another convention on the otherside of Canada; so I had a shirt made up with one of his photos (I went back and forth on this as on one hand I thought it was funny, and on the other hand I thought it would be embarassing).
                            I had David autograph it so he knew I was doing it...the reaction from Joe, Paul and Hewlett was hilarious, especially Hewlett! Prior to this photo op, I had worn my 'I Love Zelenka' t-shirt to David Hewlett's photo op as I really wanted a funny picture with Hewlett (I already had a few really nice ones) - Hewlett just asked me 'What is it with you and this guy?' With all the fans that he has and the friendly rivary with Flanigan and Hewlett fans, it was fun to add Nykl into that mix.

I came really close to not doing it but alot of the Flanigan and Hewlett friends said to go for it..they thought it was really really funny!

It was funny, but I won't do that again as it was also really embarassing.

So careful Hiccups...sometimes dreams do come true!

And later Joe remember me during the autograph line and asked me if I was the one wearing the Nykl shirt and I got really embarassed and said yes..I just wanted all four of you guys in a photo op...Joe, seeing my reaction got a really nice smile on his face and said that David was a really great guy!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              Thought you might appreciate this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rs/zelenka.jpg
                              Nice siggie!!!!! Such wonderful subject matter!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                                lol...I've sort of done the shirt thing *blushes*

At the convention in April - Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett and Paul McGillion were doing a trio photo op - for me I really wanted David in the picture too but it wasn't going to happen as by that time David was at another convention on the otherside of Canada; so I had a shirt made up with one of his photos (I went back and forth on this as on one hand I thought it was funny, and on the other hand I thought it would be embarassing).
                                I had David autograph it so he knew I was doing it...the reaction from Joe, Paul and Hewlett was hilarious, especially Hewlett! Prior to this photo op, I had worn my 'I Love Zelenka' t-shirt to David Hewlett's photo op as I really wanted a funny picture with Hewlett (I already had a few really nice ones) - Hewlett just asked me 'What is it with you and this guy?' With all the fans that he has and the friendly rivary with Flanigan and Hewlett fans, it was fun to add Nykl into that mix.

I came really close to not doing it but alot of the Flanigan and Hewlett friends said to go for it..they thought it was really really funny!

It was funny, but I won't do that again as it was also really embarassing.

So careful Hiccups...sometimes dreams do come true!

And later Joe remember me during the autograph line and asked me if I was the one wearing the Nykl shirt and I got really embarassed and said yes..I just wanted all four of you guys in a photo op...Joe, seeing my reaction got a really nice smile on his face and said that David was a really great guy!
                                Of course he is!

Edit: I'm just scared that David is having the same dreams with me in them and that some day if he ever sees me, he's going to know me from all these silly dreams. That's all I need! (I'd make every tomato in the room look white by comparison.) Anonimity never sounded so reassuring.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X