No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like his "funness" is contagious.

Edit: I see 2 guests are viewing the thread. Hi guests!!! *waves friendly and furiously* And hi David if you're one of them!!!
    sigpic

Comment

you scared em off Hics more David for us *evil grin*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
        That doesn't sound so embarrassing, but I know if it were me, I probably would have died right there on the spot. Thanks for sharing RH. It sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I could have been there. He sounds like a blast!
        It doesn't sound embarrassing when you read it but it was. I tend to be quiet around someone until I get to know them a bit so to say something off the cuff with someone I really don't know - it just seems like we know him because we see him on TV - so for me it was an bit of an embarassing oops.

Originally posted by pookey View Post
        It sounds like he understands the fans get 'urges' around him
        LOL. He smiled and laughed about it, so yeah am sure he understands and it's not like I actually did it - that would have been inappropriate!
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

*waves weakly from the floor* M'fine. Hawt Czech pix blew up my brain cell,no biggie. *smirks* I wanna order a Tickle Me Radek life size action figure. What? You cheeky monkeys started it. My excuse,sticking to it. More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
          sigpic

Comment

'Tickle Me Radek' LOL - I can even hear the laugh now ever time you tickle his side!

And life size - that makes him so huggable too!

And an action figure - whoa! *this is a PG forum - drats!*
            sigpic

Comment

i needed CPR Closely Pressed to Radek

so what was the embaressing thing you said you can tell us were all friends here arnt we ladies
              Yes we all are!
              Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
              Oh yes I can!

Spoiler:
              Okay, I've met David three times. The first two times I was really nervous - as I've said before it's one thing to have fun thunking with a TV character, it's quite another experience to meet the person behind the character you've been thunking and then you wonder how they react to all the fandom attention they get!

This is more embarassing if you had been there....

I had a roommate group photo with David. Cool..right? I got to put my arm around his waist - yes ladies, I did get to do that! We had to all move in really close as there were five of us (including David) in the picture! We had all been laughing and joking in the room. David was in a really good mood, joking and just generally being alot of fun.

After the photo shot I made an off-the-cuff comment about how tempting it had been to tickle his side. And then I realized I said that out loud and started turning red. David just laughed and said "Oh really!" I don't remember what exactly I said after that but it was along the lines of doing that to my kid alot!

Okay, I was nervous....and in my defense I do get the urge to do that to my kid when her and I are goofing around - well when she was younger anyway.

And then we all started joking about getting him and Hewlett on stage together - Hewlett was there that same day and we did get to see them both on stage together which was really alot of fun!
              sounds like you handled it well..or David is just that awesome!
              Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
              That doesn't sound so embarrassing, but I know if it were me, I probably would have died right there on the spot. Thanks for sharing RH. It sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I could have been there. He sounds like a blast!
              Yeah me, too. o_o Knowing me I would say something that was highly embarassing, Its times like that I wish I had a personal cloaking device.
              It sounds like he understands the fans get 'urges' around him

'Tickle Me Radek' LOL - I can even hear the laugh now ever time you tickle his side!

And life size - that makes him so huggable too!

And an action figure - whoa! *this is a PG forum - drats!*
              the Wraith Worshipers have this problem too >_> stupid PG rating

Comment

*smirks* He he Maybe David could strike a few poses so we could customize our Tickle Me Radek life size action figures. Yup,that was cheeky. *points to David* He started it. My excuse,sticking to it. More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                  *smirks* He he Maybe David could strike a few poses so we could customize our Tickle Me Radek life size action figures. Yup,that was cheeky. *points to David* He started it. My excuse,sticking to it. More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                  You mean, like this!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                    sounds like you handled it well..or David is just that awesome!
                    Combination of both! David's pretty classy with fans.

Plus it's not the most stupidest thing I've said in front of him so I was able to get over it pretty quickly.
                    I've got my first meeting with him on video. *headclasp*. Now THAT was embarassing for me as my nerves really got the better of me. And it doesn't help when you know everyone at the table is looking at you and watching your reaction when you get to meet your *thunk*. Everyone else at the table thought it was hilarious and David was going like 'what's going on' cause I was telling the table the cookies weren't from me - hindsight, it was pretty funny. And it was all because I couldn't pronouce the name of the cookie someone was giving him. They tried telling him it was from me and I'm sorry to say that if I couldn't pronounce the cookie, there was absolutely no way I was going to tell David that the cookie's were from me. Plus, the cookies really weren't from me.

Why oh why couldn't I have just let my Improv kick in and do the yes and...... sheezz... and no I will not be sharing the video.

It's funny because Ben Browder sat down shortly after David left our table and my nerves did not kick in with him and I like Ben alot - loved him on Farscape. Though the woman on the other side of Ben, Ben was her main *thunk* - I thought she was going to faint she was so nervous at meeting him!
                    Last edited by Rosehawk; 17 February 2011, 06:39 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Help!

I need some good song titles to make some music videos too! At least one is for our lovely Radek! Hummm, I wonder if I can find a good Czech song???

We're getting more snow so I need something creative to do at the moment!
                      sigpic

Comment

Help!

I need some good song titles to make some music videos too! At least one is for our lovely Radek! Hummm, I wonder if I can find a good Czech song???

We're getting more snow so I need something creative to do at the moment!
                        I got lots. what is the mood of your music videos?

Comment

I can see a life sized action figure like that...
                          Last edited by Rosehawk; 19 February 2011, 06:52 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags

Comment

Combination of both! David's pretty classy with fans.

Plus it's not the most stupidest thing I've said in front of him so I was able to get over it pretty quickly.
                            I've got my first meeting with him on video. *headclasp*. Now THAT was embarassing for me as my nerves really got the better of me. And it doesn't help when you know everyone at the table is looking at you and watching your reaction when you get to meet your *thunk*. Everyone else at the table thought it was hilarious and David was going like 'what's going on' cause I was telling the table the cookies weren't from me - hindsight, it was pretty funny. And it was all because I couldn't pronouce the name of the cookie someone was giving him. They tried telling him it was from me and I'm sorry to say that if I couldn't pronounce the cookie, there was absolutely no way I was going to tell David that the cookie's were from me. Plus, the cookies really weren't from me.

Why oh why couldn't I have just let my Improv kick in and do the yes and...... sheezz... and no I will not be sharing the video.

It's funny because Ben Browder sat down shortly after David left our table and my nerves did not kick in with him and I like Ben alot - loved him on Farscape. Though the woman on the other side of Ben, Ben was her main *thunk* - I thought she was going to faint she was so nervous at meeting him!
                            lol funny how we hold them up so high only to realize that they are only human (which makes them that much more thunkable to me) my first reaction probably would have been "You...are...god!" and probably followed by me collapsing on the floor from lack of O2 from my hyperventilation.... this is at the extreme of my nerves though so maybe not lol

Comment

I got lots. what is the mood of your music videos?
                              I usually try to make my music videos upbeat and fast moving. If possible where a story can be told with the clips.

Songs I've used already are 'Axle F 'Crazyfrog' for David/Radek, 'A Man Named Sue' for Joe/Sheppard. 'I Like the Way You Move' for Ben Browder and 'It's a Worst Day Than Yesterday' for Dan Shea.

I want to make another one for Radek/David and maybe one for Chuck and JR Bourne. I was kind of toying with one for Joe, David Hewlett, David Nykl and Paul McGillion - that one has to be a funny one, well maybe I did find one song that might work!
                              sigpic

Comment

lol funny how we hold them up so high only to realize that they are only human (which makes them that much more thunkable to me) my first reaction probably would have been "You...are...god!" and probably followed by me collapsing on the floor from lack of O2 from my hyperventilation.... this is at the extreme of my nerves though so maybe not lol
                                LOL. There have been people who have hyperventilation or made themselves sick from all their nerves.

One of the things that is really nice when you get to meet and talk with them is that if you get more than just a few seconds it really does help you to learn to relax around them and enjoy them even more!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X