Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
    David's accent is just fine with me. I could listen to him any time. Talk Zelenka to me! Talk Nykl to me! It doesn't matter to me as long as the Nykl has that sweet, kind fun that we all know and love about David in the voice. (When he does a stone cold killer, it gives me the willies. Good acting David.)
    I know what you mean when he does his bad guy stuff. His character in Escape Velocity was the first time I heard him using his creepy psychotic voice - it gave me the willies.

Plus it was kind of fun watching David play a psychotic killer! Character was soooooo different from Zelenka, it was kind of cool to see the transition in David's acting talents!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

It's nice that he's diverse and talented and all, but still, give me the kind, gentle, fun, nice, sweet, funny guy any time. I'll take the real David any day! He's a keeper, just a feel good kinda guy from what I've seen.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is David as Vasily in Jake 2.0 1x8 Middleman.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
          It's nice that he's diverse and talented and all, but still, give me the kind, gentle, fun, nice, sweet, funny guy any time. I'll take the real David any day! He's a keeper, just a feel good kinda guy from what I've seen.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/watcher652/David%20Nykl/Jake20/Jake20-1x8Middleman-Vasily1.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is David as Vasily in Jake 2.0 1x8 Middleman.
            yes it is *thunk*
            sigpic

Comment

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Yes Watcher, Pookey is our resident Vasily thunker. He is her favorite. I bet you made her day with that piccie. As for me, I like a sweeter face and more rufflable hair. The above piccie works. Zelenka works. Shoot, 98% of his pictures work.
                sigpic

Comment

im still drooling Hello everyone
                  sigpic

Comment

*Passes Pookey the official David Nykl Drool Bucket* No problem. It's his fault being Mr. Personality and cute with blue eyes and ... *grabs bucket back* (Just kidding) Hi Pooks.
                    sigpic

Comment

we need more buckets Hello how be you?
                      sigpic

Comment

Update

Comment

*pops into thread after bloody long absence and glomps everyone* Long time no see my lovelies!! Work's been crazy busy and I haven't had a chance to get my internet established.
                          &^%*%$!! How's everyone been? Is David crazy busy with tons of new projects? How did Beast do? Can some kind soul send me a link so I can buy the DVD? *bats puppy dog eyes and dangles shirtless Radek as incentive* hehe I did manage to have a horrible nightmare that involved Radek trying to survive some hideous excursion and once I woke up (on the floor I might add),I grabbed my penlight and wrote down as many details I could remember. Radek does survive but hell it was downright scary what our fave Czech went through to get out of his predicament. Yup,that plot bunny bit hard and still taunts me;it'll let go once I actually get the bits down on paper. *glomps everyone and scampers off* Hot Czechs rock!! }:O
                          sigpic

Comment

*stumbles into thread after long absence and glomps everyone* Long time no see gang!! Work's been stupid crazy busy and I haven't had a chance to get my internet established. I missed you lot terribly. Wicked pix gang!! *waves weakly from the floor* M'fine,brain cell went boom,no biggie. You guys rock!! Woohoo!! }:O
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                              *stumbles into thread after long absence and glomps everyone* Long time no see gang!! Work's been stupid crazy busy and I haven't had a chance to get my internet established. I missed you lot terribly. Wicked pix gang!! *waves weakly from the floor* M'fine,brain cell went boom,no biggie. You guys rock!! Woohoo!! }:O
                              OMG! She's back! It's been so long!

Radek missed you and is so glad you are back!

Hope your move went well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                                *pops into thread after bloody long absence and glomps everyone* Long time no see my lovelies!! Work's been crazy busy and I haven't had a chance to get my internet established.
                                &^%*%$!! How's everyone been? Is David crazy busy with tons of new projects? How did Beast do? Can some kind soul send me a link so I can buy the DVD? *bats puppy dog eyes and dangles shirtless Radek as incentive* hehe I did manage to have a horrible nightmare that involved Radek trying to survive some hideous excursion and once I woke up (on the floor I might add),I grabbed my penlight and wrote down as many details I could remember. Radek does survive but hell it was downright scary what our fave Czech went through to get out of his predicament. Yup,that plot bunny bit hard and still taunts me;it'll let go once I actually get the bits down on paper. *glomps everyone and scampers off* Hot Czechs rock!! }:O
                                LOL. We've missed you Crimsonravenwolf.

David's been kind of quiet on the project side. He's hitting the convention circuit - he's in Ireland and London this weekend. Though he just updated his blog with the convention and that he's working on something with Colin Firth and Chuck Norris - what a combo of all three! That's gonna be a fun movie to watch - hope we get more updates soon!

'The Beast..' was awesome. It's not out on DVD yet. Last I heard, they were trying to get a Canada West Coast limited theater released and I heard that before Christmas so not sure where it's at now. In that business plans can change quickly. There is suppose to be an update coming soon.

And yes, you actually do get to see a shirtless David in the movie! Probably the most shirtless we've ever seen!

Seriously though the movie was fun to watch. For David fans, it's great - David nails the character perfect and his girlfriend in the show has some of the most expressive eyes! I can't wait to get to see it again!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X