Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JulieDoc View Post
    Well, if it will help, Rosehawk, I'll post on his blog entries. I mean, sometimes I have opinions, I'm just a little shy. A little embarassed to gush at my favorite actor where he can obviously see it, I guess. He's always very kind to his fans, from what I've seen, don't know what I'm so nervous about!
    I know what you mean JulieDoc about feeling embarassed when posting something and knowing he can see it. I feel that way too sometimes, especially since with the written word it can be hard to tell the fun intent behind the words. I sometimes feel silly about posting or feel pushy when I post more than once on the same blog posting but then I stop and think that I want to hear more about what he's up to at least work wise so I can try to see it and the only way to let him know that I (or any fan) is interested is to post on his blog. It's one of the few avenues of communication that he opens up with to fans!

David is in my top five list of favorite actors which can sometimes be frustrating because since SGA's cancellation, it's getting hard and harder to see any of his work!

And yes David is very kind to his fans. He seems to appreciate his fans, that I could tell watching him while waiting in the autograph and photo op lines when I met him and just seeing how he interacted with everyone! Great guy!

So don't be shy about posting, even if it's just to say Hi David, how's your day going!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I'm just a Zelenkaphile
      You can see it in my smile...

Ok, so I'm a shameless Zelenkaphile. Yes, I just posted to his blog hinting that he should post. Ah well.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
        I'm just a Zelenkaphile
        You can see it in my smile...

Ok, so I'm a shameless Zelenkaphile. Yes, I just posted to his blog hinting that he should post. Ah well.
        LOL. Way to go Hiccups!

*runs of to David's blog to read....
        sigpic

Comment

Over the last couple of day's I've read this thread from beginning to end. It has been a lot of fun getting to know you all.

There are a bunch of broken picture links inthe first few years of the thread, but I never found this posted... it is my favorite, and currently my wallpaper.

Comment

Well welcome to the craziness! Oh, and thanks for the piccie! (Now you've got us all slobbering like dogs. He he he.)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by justpucky View Post
              Over the last couple of day's I've read this thread from beginning to end. It has been a lot of fun getting to know you all.

There are a bunch of broken picture links inthe first few years of the thread, but I never found this posted... it is my favorite, and currently my wallpaper.

http://img.osobnosti.cz/foto/david-n...6246-6e051.jpg
              Nice to see the pic again. David use to have that on his website until he changed to the current pic about two, three years ago. This is one of the non-Zelenka pics David use to bring to conventions to give to fans for autographs and one of my friends got me David's autograph on this pic! (That was before I was able to get my own! )
              *sigh* such a lovely pic!
              sigpic

Comment

Geesh,David looks awesome in black doesn't he? GUH. More Nykl news and pix please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                sigpic

Comment

Ok, we've discussed the fact that it's the economy / MGM bankruptcy thats holding our movies back (SGA / SG1).

Looks like something might have just broken loose. MGM is going to hand over management to Spyglass Entertainment. And they will still file bankruptcy to restructure their debt. (full article below from BUSINESSWEEK)

So the Greenlight project should now target Spyglass Management.

Spoiler:
                  MGM Studio Said to Sign Spyglass Management Agreement
                  September 08, 2010, 4:54 PM EDT

(Updates with due diligence plan in fourth paragraph.)

Sept. 8 (Bloomberg) -- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. signed a non-binding letter of intent to hand over management of the film studio to Spyglass Entertainment Group’s Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum, a person with knowledge of the situation said.

Lenders to MGM, which owes more than $3.7 billion, have endorsed the plan, said the person, who asked not to be identified because the agreement isn’t public.

Spyglass, a Los Angeles-based film production company, presented its restructuring proposal to more than 100 lenders on a conference call last month. The plan, endorsed by MGM’s biggest creditors, involves a bankruptcy filing to convert most of the debt into equity, a person said at the time.

Spyglass, producer of “The Sixth Sense” and “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra,” is to examine MGM’s books as part of due diligence, the person said today. The Los Angeles-based studio shares film rights to the James Bond movies and J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Hobbit.”

The Los Angeles Times reported the agreement with Spyglass earlier today. Barber and Birnbaum would be co-chairmen and co- chief executives, the newspaper said.

Qualia Capital’s Ken Schapiro is in talks to become chief operating officer of MGM, the Times said. New York-based Qualia made a restructuring proposal for MGM this year that included a $500 million equity infusion.

Spyglass executives and a spokesman for New York-based Qualia didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

--Editor: Anthony Palazzo, Rob Golum

To contact the reporter on this story: Michael White in Los Angeles at [email protected]

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Anthony Palazzo at [email protected]

Comment

Time for some sexy, smart, sweet Zelenka!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Not sure if this is known. But David will be attending the annual VCON convention here in Vancouver the weekend of October 1st to 3rd, 2010. They will be screening one of his films and doing a Q & A afterwards on the Saturday. I will be attending the event on the Friday (if all goes well at work and I get that day off. The are doing a Riese panel that day so fingers crossed). So not sure about the Saturday. Also not sure about autographs and photo-ops (if any (Riese has a meet-n-greet that I know of).

Here is the website for the convention if anyone is interested in going. They do have day passes.
                          www.vcon.ca
                          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

lovely pics girls *swoon*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                              Not sure if this is known. But David will be attending the annual VCON convention here in Vancouver the weekend of October 1st to 3rd, 2010. They will be screening one of his films and doing a Q & A afterwards on the Saturday. I will be attending the event on the Friday (if all goes well at work and I get that day off. The are doing a Riese panel that day so fingers crossed). So not sure about the Saturday. Also not sure about autographs and photo-ops (if any (Riese has a meet-n-greet that I know of).

Here is the website for the convention if anyone is interested in going. They do have day passes.
                              www.vcon.ca
                              Aaggghhhhh! I wish I could go. I really want to see 'The Beast..' which is the movie they will be screening. I just can't come up with the money on that short of notice, mostly it's the airfare! Grrrrr.....plus I would need roomies to help cover hotel costs......

Thanks AnnieS for the info.

Check out David's blog. He just updated and he's got another movie called Voodoo coming out- there's a short scene and he talks about some of his other work!
                              Last edited by Rosehawk; 10 September 2010, 11:36 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

pookey, where have you been?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X