No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*nods sagely* We do have great taste don't we? More cheeky Czech please!! Wooohooo!! hehe }:O
    sigpic

Comment

Some more Zelenka!

sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
        I agree with Rosehawk-I support David and his work versus the franchise that screwed Atlantis fans.
        Yes, I fully support David. I wrote two networks and a hotel chain trying to get him work. And I agree, I'm upset that they canceled Atlantis too. But, I think it is the prop company and not the people who canceled it who is selling it. Please correct me if I'm wrong which is totally possible since I'm half brain dead most of the time anymore.

Besides,to me,owning a piece of clothing worn by a handsome married man is...wrong. It'd be like I'm invading David's privacy some how.
        Agreed, but it's not like I'm raiding his personal closet or his underwear drawer! That would definitely be wrong. This is something he used at work. To me it's like having the pen that Thomas Jefferson used to sign the Declaration of Independence.

*hops off soap box and dodges rotten fruit* More Nykl shots please!! Woohoo!! hehe }:O
        I am not going to throw rotten fruit at you. You have some very valid points, and I agree with you in principle on all of them. I think where we differ is on a few of the finer points. But hey, we're all friends here.

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        But seriously, what am I going to do with it? It would just end up in my closet or in a drawer.
        I would stretch it over a piece of cardboard (about 8x10 or 14x16 or so) so that you could see the seem that runs across the collarbone and frame it with the certificate showing in the bottom right corner. Then I would hang it in my personal space at home.

Wearing it as a night shirt to sleep in just makes me uncomfortable; for me it kind of crosses the line between having fun with the character, enjoying the actor and getting carried away with a fantasy especially since I have had the opportunity to meet David at a convention! Meeting the person/character that you thunk kind of puts a reality check on some things and that's one of them for me!
        I was exaggerating and kidding. I was having fun. No, I wouldn't sleep in it, and I doubt anyone else would either. Sorry I didn't express that better.
        Last edited by Hiccups; 04 February 2010, 04:10 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

*nods sagely* Yup,we're all friends who support David and have great taste in his works. More Nykl shots please!! Wooohoooo!! hehe }:O
          sigpic

Comment

Nice Czech shots Rosehawk!! Hm...Radek seems to be taking an oath of some kind. More cheeky Czech shots please!! Wooohoooo!! hehehe }:O
            sigpic

Comment

I just sent off a request to NBC asking them to put Nykl in Chuck or any of their other shows. Has anyone else written them? Maybe if they get enough emails, they might consider it. I've also written CBS for NCIS (or any of their other shows) and FOX for Human Target (or any of their other shows) if anyone's interested in joining me. You know, it was only in the most recent email though that I actually had enough sense to list his website address. I hope if anyone else writes them, you have more sense than I do (which isn't hard).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
                Yes, I fully support David. I wrote two networks and a hotel chain trying to get him work. And I agree, I'm upset that they canceled Atlantis too. But, I think it is the prop company and not the people who canceled it who is selling it. Please correct me if I'm wrong which is totally possible since I'm half brain dead most of the time anymore.
                yeah, it's something like that!

Originally posted by Hiccups
                Agreed, but it's not like I'm raiding his personal closet or his underwear drawer! That would definitely be wrong. This is something he used at work. To me it's like having the pen that Thomas Jefferson used to sign the Declaration of Independence.
                I guess because I got my 'pen that Thomas Jefferson used to sign the Declaration of Independence' from David with autographs, photo-ops and a nice picture print that he was selling in Toronto last summer, that I did have framed - I kind of already got that special something! That's probably why the shirt wasn't as big of a deal to me!
                Actually when they auction off clothes that actors wore on shows, that always makes me feel somewhat uncomfortable, not sure why, just does.
                I am not going to throw rotten fruit at you. You have some very valid points, and I agree with you in principle on all of them. I think where we differ is on a few of the finer points. But hey, we're all friends here.
                Yep, we are all friends here!
                I would stretch it over a piece of cardboard (about 8x10 or 14x16 or so) so that you could see the seem that runs across the collarbone and frame it with the certificate showing in the bottom right corner. Then I would hang it in my personal space at home.
                That would be something nice! Keep it safe, and special! I don't have the space in my house to do something like that as I have a small house. I had a tough time with the picture print I bought last summer, finding a nice place to hang it and with what I paid for it, it was going to get framed and not stuck away in some book or cubby hole.

I was exaggerating and kidding. I was having fun. No, I wouldn't sleep in it, and I doubt anyone else would either. Sorry I didn't express that better.
                Actually that wasn't directed at you, it was just a general comment. I hadn't even read that part of your post before I posted that.
                I just know some people would want to wear it as a night shirt, yes there are a few out there like that. It's fun to joke about it though!
                sigpic

Comment

I just sent off a request to NBC asking them to put Nykl in Chuck or any of their other shows. Has anyone else written them? Maybe if they get enough emails, they might consider it. I've also written CBS for NCIS (or any of their other shows) and FOX for Human Target (or any of their other shows) if anyone's interested in joining me. You know, it was only in the most recent email though that I actually had enough sense to list his website address. I hope if anyone else writes them, you have more sense than I do (which isn't hard).
                  Where are you actually sending the request to? The different websites make it pretty difficult to find anything like that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice Czech shots Rosehawk!! Hm...Radek seems to be taking an oath of some kind. More cheeky Czech shots please!! Wooohoooo!! hehehe }:O
                    You're just gonna have to wait until tomorrow!
                    sigpic

Comment

Where are you actually sending the request to? The different websites make it pretty difficult to find anything like that.
                      I use the "Contact Us" link, then pick a show. Then, I tell them how much I love the show, yadda, yadda, yadda, "The only thing that would make it better..." or "I'd love to see..." You get the gist.
                      sigpic

Comment

*fluff up pillows and gets comfy on the floor* Can't wait Rosehawk!! Woohoo!! }:O
                        sigpic

Comment

Will my pics do?

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

*high fives ya* Thanks Everlovin!! More cheeky Czech please!! Wooohooo!! hehe }:O
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Don't forget, tomorrow is David's birthday.

Head over to his blog to send him some birthday wishes!
                              http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com/

Also, if you are interested, last year I made a silly video for his birthday - it's alot of still shots of various pics and lots of Zelenka!. It was difficult yet alot of fun to make!

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...thday%20Video/

Enjoy!
                              Last edited by Rosehawk; 06 February 2010, 08:25 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

I use the "Contact Us" link, then pick a show. Then, I tell them how much I love the show, yadda, yadda, yadda, "The only thing that would make it better..." or "I'd love to see..." You get the gist.
                                Thanks Hiccups.

I just wonder how much tptb really read those messages on the "Contact Us" links???!!!
                                I guess it's all we got to go with!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X