Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post

We're having a flood here, what with the drool on this thread and the warm weather we got this weekend. 37 degrees, just above freezing and people are going outside without their coats on, ahhhhh it feels so warm!

Course I have my clone to help with keeping me warm!

Did you get your favorite cake - Radilickisious?!
    I just got done eating barbecue, which I love to have for my birthday because it's lovely hot and spicy. Just like Radek.

Speaking of floods, the huge buildup of ice and snow is melting today (it's in the low 50s here) and suddenly a lot of the units in my building have very leaky ceilings, including ours! We all have buckets on our floors and the roofers are coming tomorrow to look at it... if it's like before, we'll have to wait until spring for them to fix it. Wonder if we'll end up living in a tent for a while, ha ha! (We do have one, so who knows.)

I need to get my clone to empty the buckets for me. For a nice reward, of course.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
      I just got done eating barbecue, which I love to have for my birthday because it's lovely hot and spicy. Just like Radek.
      Ummmmm, yeah, one of my favorites too! We're going to Jimmy John's for dinner tonight. Don't feel like cooking.....

Originally posted by belevision
      Speaking of floods, the huge buildup of ice and snow is melting today (it's in the low 50s here) and suddenly a lot of the units in my building have very leaky ceilings, including ours! We all have buckets on our floors and the roofers are coming tomorrow to look at it... if it's like before, we'll have to wait until spring for them to fix it.
      Ouch, not good!
      We try to clear the ice and snow off our roofs during the winter just to try to prevent the ice dams that form in the gutters from backing up with it all starts to melt. My clone usually helps with that task! You know with melting in the gutter and all!

Just don't tell your neighbors about Radek or they are going to blame you for the floods!

Wonder if we'll end up living in a tent for a while, ha ha! (We do have one, so who knows.)
      Just like Radek and his family, they had to live in a tent for three months, course that's when his brother burned the house down and not because of floods.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Ummmmm, yeah, one of my favorites too! We're going to Jimmy John's for dinner tonight. Don't feel like cooking.....
        We have a place just down the road, and did takeout. I always refuse to cook on my birthday.

Ouch, not good!
        We try to clear the ice and snow off our roofs during the winter just to try to prevent the ice dams that form in the gutters from backing up with it all starts to melt. My clone usually helps with that task! You know with melting in the gutter and all!

Just don't tell your neighbors about Radek or they are going to blame you for the floods!
        I wish the building management company would do that, but they say that clearing snow/ice is too likely to damage the roof because of what it's made of. So we have to wait for it to all melt every year, and every year someone gets leaks. This year is really bad though- my next door neighbor's bedroom ceiling's about to cave in, and our leak's in the office where all the computers are.

Just like Radek and his family, they had to live in a tent for three months, course that's when his brother burned the house down and not because of floods.
        Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking of!
        Spoiler:

Comment

We have a place just down the road, and did takeout. I always refuse to cook on my birthday.
          Me Too!

I wish the building management company would do that, but they say that clearing snow/ice is too likely to damage the roof because of what it's made of. So we have to wait for it to all melt every year, and every year someone gets leaks. This year is really bad though- my next door neighbor's bedroom ceiling's about to cave in, and our leak's in the office where all the computers are.
          Well, it sounds like the roof gets damaged either way. I would think it would be cheaper to replace the damage on the roof from scrapping the snow off then the water damage to the roof and units.
          There are also electrical wires that can be attached to the roof to help melt and prevent ice build up. - can't remember the name of the product, we are looking into them for my home.

Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking of!
          Like minds tend to think alike!

Spoiler:
          Guy talk, it looks like Radek is showing to Rodney a technique he likes!
          sigpic

Comment

Well, it sounds like the roof gets damaged either way. I would think it would be cheaper to replace the damage on the roof from scrapping the snow off then the water damage to the roof and units.
            There are also electrical wires that can be attached to the roof to help melt and prevent ice build up. - can't remember the name of the product, we are looking into them for my home.
            It's a one piece flat rubber roof; hard to patch apparently. Which is why the spots they fix just leak again the next year. The whole roof is scheduled to be replaced in a few years. They won't cover the damage cost to the units- that's the unit owner's cost. And the roof repairs come out of everyone's condo fee.

I think this year enough owners will be upset about this (this is a 100+ unit condo building) that they'll demand the roof replacement be sooner, but that will cost us all a lot of money so there will be a lot of resistance too.

Next place I own will be an actual house, where I have more say over what gets done.

Spoiler:
            Guy talk, it looks like Radek is showing to Rodney a technique he likes!
            I have some possible quotes for that pic.
            Spoiler:

: Oh my, that machine did that for you? Don't let Elizabeth see, or she'll insist that I use the machine!

-or-

: If you don't get out of that chair and help me, Rodney, this is what you are not getting from me tonight!

Comment

It's a one piece flat rubber roof; hard to patch apparently. Which is why the spots they fix just leak again the next year. The whole roof is scheduled to be replaced in a few years. They won't cover the damage cost to the units- that's the unit owner's cost. And the roof repairs come out of everyone's condo fee.
              Makes me glad I own my own home. I don't have to wait for others to make repairs, I just have to wait until I have enough money saved up!

I think this year enough owners will be upset about this (this is a 100+ unit condo building) that they'll demand the roof replacement be sooner, but that will cost us all a lot of money so there will be a lot of resistance too.
              I suppose the resistance will come from those's who units didn't get damaged.

Next place I own will be an actual house, where I have more say over what gets done.
              It's nice. It has it's drawbacks too but the best thing is you can say it's yours and you have more control over what you do to your house.

Originally posted by belvision
              I have some possible quotes for that pic.
              LOL, I can't even print what cap is going through my head!

Hummm, I need to get some Zelenka thunkin going on....first off to Jimmy John's and fill the tummy with some nice food!
              sigpic

Comment

Some quick *THUNK*
                Spoiler:

Comment

Condolences on the roof, Belevision. Nice pics: Hot Zone was a great Zelenka ep. We went from "can't even remember his name" in "38 Minutes" to McKay's right hand. ^^

Some Brotherhood thunk

Spoiler:

I'm seconding Rosehawk's WTF on the uniform. I've seen pics of David Nykl from cons and such: he's a petit fellow. Don't get me wrong, I like the little bit of curve, but said curves do appear out of nowhere in those shirts and only in those shirts.

His expression is so swotty in the next two. It amuses me.

DragonLady
                  "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Awesome pics! I love his expression in those last ones. He's almost impossibly cute.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
                      Condolences on the roof, Belevision. Nice pics: Hot Zone was a great Zelenka ep. We went from "can't even remember his name" in "38 Minutes" to McKay's right hand. ^^
                      Lucky for us tptb like what they saw and we got more of Radek!

Originally posted by DragonladyK
                      Spoiler:
                      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/DragonLadyK/GateWorld/DavidNykl/SGA/Razzie/dtsg1_015.jpg
                      I'm seconding Rosehawk's WTF on the uniform. I've seen pics of David Nykl from cons and such: he's a petit fellow. Don't get me wrong, I like the little bit of curve, but said curves do appear out of nowhere in those shirts and only in those shirts.
                      Spoiler:

You can't tell too well with this pic but David is definitely a well toned petit guy, those blue shirts just seem to accentuate the curves after lunch is eaten!

Originally posted by DragonLadyK
                      Spoiler:
                      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/DragonLadyK/GateWorld/DavidNykl/SGA/dtsg1_156-1.jpg

His expression is so swotty in the next two. It amuses me.
                      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...tsg1_158-1.jpg
                      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...tsg1_159-1.jpg

DragonLady
                      Love his face in those last three. Notice the bloodshot eyes, the scientists must have had a wild night before going on duty!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
                        Spoiler:

DragonLady
                        Spoiler:
                        ... but I already gave it to you twelve times today alone.
                        I don't care Radek! I'm the pregnant woman, this is my craving and I want it satisfied! Let's go! *takes Radek's hand and forces him to give another piece of chocolate cake to her*

Comment

First Strike is full of moments...
                          Spoiler:

: No, Col. Sheppard, we weren't being slashy at all. Whatever gave you that idea?!

Comment

Radek is full of moments!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Indeed! I just love that last one. I forget what they're saying when he gets that expression... must go back and watch that ep again.

Comment

Indeed! I just love that last one. I forget what they're saying when he gets that expression... must go back and watch that ep again.
                                That last one is one of my favorites expressions we got screencapped. I think he was saying "okay" rather strongly to McKay. BAMSR was just on last weekend.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X