Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    We need some *thunkin* this morning. Man is it cold outside. Got to about 17 below in the middle of the night. *shivers* *Winks at clone*
    Levels of cold:

    +64F: The inhabitants of Hawaii have to take two blankets for the night.

    +50F: The inhabitants of Helsinki shut the AC down for the night, the Russians are growing plants.

    +35F: Italian cars are no longer capable of starting

    +32F: Distilled water is freezing

    +30F: Breath becomes visible. The Russians are eating ice cream and drinking cold beer

    +25F: Your dog is trying to get into your bed at night

    +14F: French cars are no longer capable of starting

    +10F: Politicians are starting to talk about homeless people

    +5F: American cars are no longer capable of starting

    0F: The inhabitants of Helsinki are turning their ACs on for the night, the inhabitants of Hawaii have frozen to death.

    -6F: If you get your dog out for crapping, you have to kick him off the ground afterwards

    -11F: German cars are no longer capable of starting

    -17F: Your dog is trying to get under your PJs at night

    -20F: Swedish cars are no longer capable of starting

    -33F: No normal cars, even the Russian-ones, are capable of starting

    -36F: The Russians are buttoning their shirts to the top.

    -45F: Russian cars are no longer capable of starting, even if you put vodka into their tanks.

    -76F: The inhabitants of Helsinki have frozen to death. The seals are leaving Greenland and are migrating south.

    -94F: The Hell has frozen. The University of Kuznetsk is organizing a contest in orientation run to warm the students up.

    -184F: Alcohol has frozen, the Russians are pi**ed.

    -450F: Helium has frozen.

    -459.652F:Absolute zero. Elementary particles have ceased moving. Chewing on the frozen vodka, the Russians finally admit that it's really cold

    Comment


      Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      Levels of cold:

      Spoiler:
      +64F: The inhabitants of Hawaii have to take two blankets for the night.

      +50F: The inhabitants of Helsinki shut the AC down for the night, the Russians are growing plants.

      +35F: Italian cars are no longer capable of starting

      +32F: Distilled water is freezing

      +30F: Breath becomes visible. The Russians are eating ice cream and drinking cold beer

      +25F: Your dog is trying to get into your bed at night

      +14F: French cars are no longer capable of starting

      +10F: Politicians are starting to talk about homeless people

      +5F: American cars are no longer capable of starting

      0F: The inhabitants of Helsinki are turning their ACs on for the night, the inhabitants of Hawaii have frozen to death.

      -6F: If you get your dog out for crapping, you have to kick him off the ground afterwards

      -11F: German cars are no longer capable of starting

      -17F: Your dog is trying to get under your PJs at night

      -20F: Swedish cars are no longer capable of starting

      -33F: No normal cars, even the Russian-ones, are capable of starting

      -36F: The Russians are buttoning their shirts to the top.

      -45F: Russian cars are no longer capable of starting, even if you put vodka into their tanks.

      -76F: The inhabitants of Helsinki have frozen to death. The seals are leaving Greenland and are migrating south.

      -94F: The Hell has frozen. The University of Kuznetsk is organizing a contest in orientation run to warm the students up.

      -184F: Alcohol has frozen, the Russians are pi**ed.

      -450F: Helium has frozen.

      -459.652F:Absolute zero. Elementary particles have ceased moving. Chewing on the frozen vodka, the Russians finally admit that it's really cold

      ROTFLOL. Thanks Pajus. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It was 17 below last night. Got up to a warming trend of 5 above zero today!

      Though I do disagree with some of the numbers. My car is American made and has started in 20 below weather before (altenator issues aside) and it started just fine this morning.

      BTW, nice seeing you again. I have another chapter done. You going to be around for some translations? I will have to send them in a day or two as I am getting ready to go to bed!
      sigpic

      www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

      Comment


        Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        [/SPOILER]
        ROTFLOL. Thanks Pajus. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It was 17 below last night. Got up to a warming trend of 5 above zero today!

        Though I do disagree with some of the numbers. My car is American made and has started in 20 below weather before (altenator issues aside) and it started just fine this morning.

        BTW, nice seeing you again. I have another chapter done. You going to be around for some translations? I will have to send them in a day or two as I am getting ready to go to bed!
        Definitely ready and able

        Comment


          Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
          Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          Rodney, I don't think there is a girl that would be capable of unsing the Ancient vibrator.
          Who said something about a girl? I was talking about Sheppard the whole time. *evil grin*
          Last edited by Pajus; 26 January 2009, 01:53 AM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
            Spoiler:
            *from the balcony* Radek Zelenka, for the crime of having sex with someone else than me, you are hereby sentenced to one month of wearing a chastity belt! Samantha Carter, you too are sentenced to one month of wearing a chastity belt. Once your punishment expires, you will both engage in a threesome with me, because after a month without sex, I'll need some serious action to survive!

            Comment


              Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              Levels of cold:
              Spoiler:

              +64F: The inhabitants of Hawaii have to take two blankets for the night.

              +50F: The inhabitants of Helsinki shut the AC down for the night, the Russians are growing plants.

              +35F: Italian cars are no longer capable of starting

              +32F: Distilled water is freezing

              +30F: Breath becomes visible. The Russians are eating ice cream and drinking cold beer

              +25F: Your dog is trying to get into your bed at night

              +14F: French cars are no longer capable of starting

              +10F: Politicians are starting to talk about homeless people

              +5F: American cars are no longer capable of starting

              0F: The inhabitants of Helsinki are turning their ACs on for the night, the inhabitants of Hawaii have frozen to death.

              -6F: If you get your dog out for crapping, you have to kick him off the ground afterwards

              -11F: German cars are no longer capable of starting

              -17F: Your dog is trying to get under your PJs at night

              -20F: Swedish cars are no longer capable of starting

              -33F: No normal cars, even the Russian-ones, are capable of starting

              -36F: The Russians are buttoning their shirts to the top.

              -45F: Russian cars are no longer capable of starting, even if you put vodka into their tanks.

              -76F: The inhabitants of Helsinki have frozen to death. The seals are leaving Greenland and are migrating south.

              -94F: The Hell has frozen. The University of Kuznetsk is organizing a contest in orientation run to warm the students up.

              -184F: Alcohol has frozen, the Russians are pi**ed.

              -450F: Helium has frozen.

              -459.652F:Absolute zero. Elementary particles have ceased moving. Chewing on the frozen vodka, the Russians finally admit that it's really cold
              I love the bit about chewing frozen vodka.

              Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              Spoiler:
              Rodney, I don't think there is a girl that would be capable of unsing the Ancient vibrator.
              Who said something about a girl? I was talking about Sheppard the whole time. *evil grin*
              Spoiler:

              : How do you know this?
              : *blushes*


              Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              Spoiler:
              *from the balcony* Radek Zelenka, for the crime of having sex with someone else than me, you are hereby sentenced to one month of wearing a chastity belt! Samantha Carter, you too are sentenced to one month of wearing a chastity belt. Once your punishment expires, you will both engage in a threesome with me, because after a month without sex, I'll need some serious action to survive!
              Spoiler:

              : Will we be using the Ancient chastity belts?
              : What others? Those are the only ones here!
              : *to Radek* Why do you ask?
              : *whispers* They have built-in time travel devices.
              : I heard that! Two months! And believe me, I'll be able to tell if you use the time travel!
              : How could you hear that? ...Oh, that's right, they also have sound amplifiers. Are you wearing one?
              : Rodney designed a special one for me that has a built in massager.
              : Can I have one of those?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                Though I do disagree with some of the numbers. My car is American made and has started in 20 below weather before (altenator issues aside) and it started just fine this morning.
                Ah, but did you plug it in? My car will start down to at least -25F if I plug it in at night, but if I forget the car will go on strike at -10F and then it takes the headbolt heater all day and the next night to warm the car back up to starting capability. (The car is only a year younger than me.)

                Someday I want to live in a house with a garage. ^^

                From "Remnants"

                Spoiler:



                "Let's see... let's just change 'and even a bunch of rejects from the shallow end of the gene pool like you should see that the science departments' needs clearly supercede people's petty little personal items' to 'I can understand your desire to raise morale by trying to include more personal items, but the items the Science and Engineering Departments has requested are vital to the day-to-day operations of the city. To be perfectly blunt, if Sciences and Engineering do not recieve what they need, people will not be able or possibly even alive to use their personal items.' And 'the MREs are a vital part of my diet, and my being able to function at my best is the only reason Altantis is still here, ingrates' can just be 'I realize that Atlantis's extensive trading network makes it seem counter-productive to send MREs. However, due to the alien nature of Pegasus Produce and the risk of allergic reaction or digestive upset, offworld teams find it practical to have the familiar MRE to serve as backup sustenance.' I could include a request that I be given a raise, but that would be unethical." *clicks "Send"* *Clicks "LogOut [email protected]*


                DragonLady
                "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                  Definitely ready and able
                  Okay. I will e-mail in the next day or two. I like to get the diauratics (sp?).

                  Originally posted by DragonladyK
                  Ah, but did you plug it in? My car will start down to at least -25F if I plug it in at night, but if I forget the car will go on strike at -10F and then it takes the headbolt heater all day and the next night to warm the car back up to starting capability. (The car is only a year younger than me.)
                  Nope didn't have to plug it in. American cars are alot more sturdy then people give them credit for, especially now-a-days. I've never had problems with it starting in sub zero weather, except when the altenator decided to have a hissy fit and that's happened even when I've had a foreign car.
                  My car is five years old with over 100,000 miles on it.

                  Originally posted by DragonladyK
                  Someday I want to live in a house with a garage. ^^
                  And a radekclone to keep you warm at night!

                  sigpic

                  www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                    Nope didn't have to plug it in. American cars are alot more sturdy then people give them credit for, especially now-a-days. I've never had problems with it starting in sub zero weather, except when the altenator decided to have a hissy fit and that's happened even when I've had a foreign car.
                    My car is five years old with over 100,000 miles on it.
                    I'm posting Levels of alcoholism next time


                    Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                    And a radekclone to keep you warm at night!
                    Somehow I think DragonLady won't need a RadekClone to stay warm at night

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                      And because this is a *thunk* thread....

                      Spoiler:




                      very nice pics!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../dtsg1_257.jpg
                        "Let's see... let's just change 'and even a bunch of rejects from the shallow end of the gene pool like you should see that the science departments' needs clearly supercede people's petty little personal items' to 'I can understand your desire to raise morale by trying to include more personal items, but the items the Science and Engineering Departments has requested are vital to the day-to-day operations of the city. To be perfectly blunt, if Sciences and Engineering do not recieve what they need, people will not be able or possibly even alive to use their personal items.' And 'the MREs are a vital part of my diet, and my being able to function at my best is the only reason Altantis is still here, ingrates' can just be 'I realize that Atlantis's extensive trading network makes it seem counter-productive to send MREs. However, due to the alien nature of Pegasus Produce and the risk of allergic reaction or digestive upset, offworld teams find it practical to have the familiar MRE to serve as backup sustenance.' I could include a request that I be given a raise, but that would be unethical." *clicks "Send"* *Clicks "LogOut [email protected]*
                        Rodney is very, very lucky in so many ways that Radek is such a nice guy.

                        Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                        And a radekclone to keep you warm at night!

                        http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...alcoil0148.jpg
                        : Hey, all you Radekclones!
                        Spoiler:


                        (speaking for all clones) : Yes?
                        : How do you stay so warm, and keep your owners warm as well?


                        : Ah, that's an easy question. We each have a heating element!
                        : A heating element? *looks at own clone* I don't see one.


                        : It's about this big or so. You have to look carefully for it.
                        : Hmmm... *pokes around* Ah! You mean this?


                        : *squeaks and jumps* Ooo! Um, yes, I think you found it! Ooo! I think you can stop looking now. Mmm. Uh. Okay... actually you don't need to stop...

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by belevision View Post
                          Rodney is very, very lucky in so many ways that Radek is such a nice guy.
                          Aren't we all!

                          Originally posted by belvision
                          : Hey, all you Radekclones!
                          Spoiler:

                          http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...-5x14-2476.jpg
                          (speaking for all clones) : Yes?
                          : How do you stay so warm, and keep your owners warm as well?

                          http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...-5x14-0397.jpg
                          : Ah, that's an easy question. We each have a heating element!
                          : A heating element? *looks at own clone* I don't see one.

                          http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...-5x14-1158.jpg
                          : It's about this big or so. You have to look carefully for it.
                          : Hmmm... *pokes around* Ah! You mean this?

                          http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...-5x14-1182.jpg
                          : *squeaks and jumps* Ooo! Um, yes, I think you found it! Ooo! I think you can stop looking now. Mmm. Uh. Okay... actually you don't need to stop...

                          *spits out wine* OMG ROTFLOL! *can't speak*

                          Nice one belevision!

                          Originally posted by Pajus
                          I'm posting Levels of alcoholism next time
                          sigpic

                          www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                            My car is five years old with over 100,000 miles on it.
                            My Horatio is twenty-two years old with a little over a quarter-million miles on it, and I am its third owner. Gotta love that Honda craftsmanship. It's a manual transmission, too. XD

                            Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                            And a radekclone to keep you warm at night!
                            If I need something more substantial than a purring kitty to snuggle with, I'm pretty sure the position has been filled. ^^

                            Originally posted by belevision View Post
                            Rodney is very, very lucky in so many ways that Radek is such a nice guy.
                            He is indeed.


                            Originally posted by belevision View Post
                            : Hey, all you Radekclones!

                            (speaking for all clones) : Yes?
                            : How do you stay so warm, and keep your owners warm as well?

                            : Ah, that's an easy question. We each have a heating element!
                            : A heating element? *looks at own clone* I don't see one.

                            : It's about this big or so. You have to look carefully for it.
                            : Hmmm... *pokes around* Ah! You mean this?

                            : *squeaks and jumps* Ooo! Um, yes, I think you found it! Ooo! I think you can stop looking now. Mmm. Uh. Okay... actually you don't need to stop...
                            *dies*

                            This is my 666th post, so I figured it should be here.

                            We'll start with Tux!Baddie-Nykl...

                            Spoiler:






                            Even though having Zelenka and Heru'ur in the same movie was amusing on a purely geeky level, that was movie was was remarkably dumb. It was like a parody with pretentions.


                            ... and some Ninja!Zelenka...

                            Spoiler:





                            While cute with easily-mussed hair and a sweet streak, Radek can kick your ass.



                            But not if you stab him with pliers while he's trying to be nice.


                            And just because

                            Spoiler:

                            Caldwell: Is it always this cold in here?
                            Zelenka: Often, yes. I have tried to get Elizabeth to authorize raising the environmental controls, but she refuses. I have no idea why.


                            Yes, I do realize that if their genders were reversed that would be considered massively inappropriate bordering on harassment. Work with the Razzie, here, folks. ~.^

                            DragonLady
                            "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
                              ... and some Ninja!Zelenka...

                              Spoiler:





                              While cute with easily-mussed hair and a sweet streak, Radek can kick your ass.

                              DragonLady
                              Spoiler:

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                                For those, who are interested: Levels of Alcoholism: (it is Czech humour)

                                Spoiler:
                                Level 1: Light smile, insecurity with strangers, flirting with the waitress, looking for the "Psychological corner" (with back to the wall).

                                Level 2: A broader smile, uncontrollable twitch in the left eyebrow, regular visits to the toilett, with men visual and touch tests of the reproductive organs, beginning autosexuality expressed through self-carressing.

                                Level 3: Beginning charm, the first closer approaches to the opposite gender, more self-confidence, foul mouth odor

                                Level 4: First problems with maintaining ballance, speech is still under control, intonation is a bit unclear, sudden knowledge of 17 foreign languages, the first tip over of the things on the table.

                                Level 5: The human starts to be very cuddly, no problems with hugging people of the same gender, obvious fixation to the primary sexual organs, the stomach is beginning to rebel, stomach acid in the neck area, saliva is leaving mouth.

                                Level 6: Sleeping is also possible on a park bench, maximum hunger, philosophying about World politics, deep friendship with a parking clock, no sense of direction, discussion with an ATM machine.

                                Level 7: Loss of native language connected with problems in controlling the actions of stomach contents, beginning grandship, reaching maximmun attractiveness with the opposite gender.

                                Level 8: Uncontrollable urinating, attempts at beating your neighbour with your dog, the language part of the brain lost the capacity to work.

                                Level 9: being dragged away by police, ambulance or neighbour, high probability of being infected by a random STD.

                                Level 10: Was never reached, no reliable reports


                                In my life, I have reached all levels up to the 5th.

                                Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
                                If I need something more substantial than a purring kitty to snuggle with, I'm pretty sure the position has been filled. ^^

                                DragonLady
                                *snuggles DragonLady*

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X