No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not hard to do, these 'here forums move at a pretty rapid pace eh?
    Lets just say Radek Zelenka can be my Mad Scientist any day!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Humanityspotential for the awesome Zelenka Siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by GateGurl View Post
      Not hard to do, these 'here forums move at a pretty rapid pace eh?
      This thread can sometimes get a little quiet... it's great to see it so lively like it has been! Of course, I've been posting a ton lately so that's part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
        This thread can sometimes get a little quiet... it's great to see it so lively like it has been! Of course, I've been posting a ton lately so that's part of it.
        Me too! Ha, most of my post count, I think it is actually 79 now, has been in here! I am very glad I discovered this place!
        Last edited by GateGurl; 23 November 2008, 06:51 PM. Reason: Whoo post count
        sigpic

Comment

Neat! It is interesting stuff to know. Kinda like the whole mystery surrounding John Sheppards black wrist band.
          Hmm too bad we don't have a better view of it. From this vantage point I was almost thinking it was one of those medical alert bracelets or something.
          It didn't look like a medical alert bracelet as I know people who have had those and I got several close looks at it during the Chicago convention.

Originally posted by belevision
          This thread has typically been a quiet one, with occasional spurts and then it goes quiet. If Radek was a primary character instead of a secondary character I am sure it would be busy all the time.
          Last edited by Rosehawk; 23 November 2008, 09:19 PM.
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            *tries to ba silent* Oooooooooohhhh...
            ... and now that er cleared that, .... *looks under the table* Ow c'mon!!! Can't you just leave him alone while I scold him?
            *spts out what she had in her mouth* No

Spoilers for 4.13 "Quarantine", in case you don't want to be spoiled for that ep (I know you're still working through S3):
            Spoiler:

I'll caption all three
            Spoiler:
            Wait a little *looks at Radek's rear, drools*
            What is it? *looks at Carter* Oh no...
            Lets shove him into the ventilation shaft and give her a cold shower

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
              Spoiler:
              While I agree that McKay runs his department in a very belittling manner, I still don't see where that would cause Radek to welcome others to belittle McKay.
              Spoiler:
              I didn't say belittle, I said heckle: to get his goat or annoy him, provoke him to eyerolling. My point is that Radek's habit of teasing McKay is probably a big portion of why McKay respects him and missed him in "The Return" -- Zelenka isn't afraid of McKay, and neither is Sam. The other scientists, as we've seen in "Milller's Crossing" either ignore him or deliberately refrain from provoking him. If they want McKay to ease up, they're going to have to stop that.

Spoiler:
              Huh, how does this make Esposito an idiot? If she doesn't find Radek attractive then she doesn't ( OMG god, fangirl blasphamy) ....it was pretty clear in the episode she liked men more physical fit and closer in her own age group as I suspect Ronan is .
              We don't know if Radek was flirting with her in ernest...he could have been doing it just to irate Rodney.
              Spoiler:
              To completely ignore someone genuinely coming on to you the way Esposito did is to communicate an "ew" factor. To be "ew" over not-ripped men hitting on you despite their generally good natures and not-socially-unacceptableness while at the same time being all into the muscle-man figure of Ronon is shallow and very Kelleresqe -- not a quality that garners my respect.

That Radek was flirting with Esposito to irritate McKay was my point from the beginning.

OMG, these pics are fantastic!

Love Radek's hair.
              I know. "The Prodigal" and "Remnants" were definitely squee-worthy.

DragonLady
              "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                Spoiler:
                Wait a little *looks at Radek's rear, drools*
                What is it? *looks at Carter* Oh no...
                Lets shove him into the ventilation shaft and give her a cold shower
                Heheheheheh. If only, eh?

DragonLady
                "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I didn't say belittle, I said heckle: to get his goat or annoy him, provoke him to eyerolling. My point is that Radek's habit of teasing McKay is probably a big portion of why McKay respects him and missed him in "The Return" -- Zelenka isn't afraid of McKay, and neither is Sam. The other scientists, as we've seen in "Milller's Crossing" either ignore him or deliberately refrain from provoking him. If they want McKay to ease up, they're going to have to stop that.
                  Spoiler:

Gottcha...heckle to me is the same as belittle since heckling is typically is done to belittle someone, to me it goes beyond annoying but that's another story! .
                  As the other scientists are subordinates, I suspect that they refrain more out of concerns that he could send them home if they iritate him enough that he doesn't think they can do their jobs, they need someone like Radek to help them do that for them.

Originally posted by DragonLadyK
                  Spoiler:
                  To completely ignore someone genuinely coming on to you the way Esposito did is to communicate an "ew" factor. To be "ew" over not-ripped men hitting on you despite their generally good natures and not-socially-unacceptableness while at the same time being all into the muscle-man figure of Ronon is shallow and very Kelleresqe -- not a quality that garners my respect.
                  Spoiler:
                  True, to ignore tends to mean you are not interested. Though we typically are attracted to people based on their physical features until we get to know them better.

Originally posted by DragonladyK
                  Spoiler:
                  That Radek was flirting with Esposito to irritate McKay was my point from the beginning.
                  Yep, got that!

Originally posted by DragonLadyK
                  I know. "The Prodigal" and "Remnants" were definitely squee-worthy.

DragonLady
                  And you got some really great pics there. His hair in many of of them, is how shall we say, perfect!
                  sigpic

Comment

Night night folks!

sigpic

Comment

Haw! I love the expression this picture. Kinda screams: "Look! Look what I did!" expression! Hehe!

Goodnight to you too!
                      sigpic

Comment

Haw! I love the expression this picture. Kinda screams: "Look! Look what I did!" expression! Hehe!

Goodnight to you too!
                        More like "Look! Look who did me!"

Comment

More like "Look! Look who did me!"
                          HAHAHA! So dirty! I love it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Question for Rosehawk: Is Belevision's clone ready?

Comment

Question for Rosehawk: Is Belevision's clone ready?
                              Yeah! Actually I don't have that far to go before I have 300 posts on this thread. And while you're at it, could you clone me too? Clone!Bel could be here at work while Real!Bel goes back to sleep in her nice comfy bed.

Comment

Yeah! Actually I don't have that far to go before I have 300 posts on this thread. And while you're at it, could you clone me too? Clone!Bel could be here at work while Real!Bel goes back to sleep in her nice comfy bed.
                                Forgive the relative newbie...okay, okay, HUGE newbie to these forums, but what excately this is "Radek Clone" thing all about?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X