Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Hey everyone,

Just a quick post, getting ready to leave Chicago....

Convention was great. David was simply wonderful...Chuck was fantastic and Ben was awsome.

David was funny on stage and they used my video to introduce him! Yeah!. I have to get a Youtube account so I can post it.

David and Chuck are taking the cancellation well. Actually David hadn't heard about it, came into work the next day all happy dappy and wondering why everyone was kind of down. Chuck ended up telling him.

Be back sometime tommorrow.
    We want all the naughty photos and dirty details you have! Spill!

Comment

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
      *hugs, roomie*

I'm so glad we managed to make your first meeting with David a memorable one. It was so nice to see you all excited about 'your man'

Here's some pics I took from your seat:
      **hugs roomie back! **

The pics are great!

I kinda of forgot I had a camera in my hand so I didn't get many pictures. I did get a few pics that I will try to post.

Thanks so much for switching seats with me during the convention. That was such a priceless gift. It was great to get to see David up front and close.

Spoiler:

David was on Sunday. He was at the Breakfast get together with Ben Browder. Both of these men are just fantastic and I got to sit next to both of them when they came to our table!

David was very warm and friendly to everyone. I can't remember everything -he said at the moment - sleep deprivation - it will come back to me-
      Everyone at the table pointed me out as his fan, I think I rolled my eyes in embarassment, David laughed and promised that he wouldn't embarass me. I looked at him and said thank you and he laughed. Someone asked him something about pictures and I did happened to mention that we love to post the pissed off pictures on his thread. He said oh god and laughed.

He does check out Gateworld for news but I got the distinct impression he doesn't have time to check out his threads, so we silly fangirls are probably safe.

I will post more about the breakfast after I get a good night sleep.

I was fortunate enough to get to sit in on the GW interview that was just posted on Gateworld and got to talk with David for about two minutes before I had to shut up. That was fun. Creation conventions don't really give you a chance to talk with the actors, so it was a really special gift that was able to happened and a total surprise to me. David really is a warm and nice person! Very friendly and personable.

His talk was great. He did talk about the cancellation a bit. It's hard but he has a very realistic approach to it since it is part of the business.

The photo opps were absolutely hilarious. I am sorry I can't post them. I am very guarded about having my picture on the internet since I have had to deal with a problem situation in the past.
      I got my smile picture which is cute and my silly picture. My friend who went with me got me a photo with her, me and David as my birthday present.

I will try to post more later. I am very very tired and tomorrow will be busy because my friend from Europe will be leaving and it will be emotionally a difficult day.

Zelenka so rules the day!!!!!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Radek in The Shrine which air'd Friday

Spoiler:

We got to see the Shrine, a directors cut without any music, about four hours before it air'd on TV. We watched without commericals and music - not having the music was weird because it was a very powerful and emotional episode. That even came across without the music. David H. really rocked in this episode....anyway this is Radek's thread....

Radek's role was alot bigger. David Nykl didn't know that so much of the scene had been cut, practically all of it. They only showed Radek coming down the stairs. David was surprised and didn't know why other than to guess at this point that it was because of the content...he couldn't give it away but some of what Zelenka was talking about had to deal with what may be in the next SG series.
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

David was on Sunday. He was at the Breakfast get together with Ben Browder. Both of these men are just fantastic and I got to sit next to both of them when they came to our table!

David was very warm and friendly to everyone. I can't remember everything -he said at the moment - sleep deprivation - it will come back to me-
          Everyone at the table pointed me out as his fan, I think I rolled my eyes in embarassment, David laughed and promised that he wouldn't embarass me. I looked at him and said thank you and he laughed. Someone asked him something about pictures and I did happened to mention that we love to post the pissed off pictures on his thread. He said oh god and laughed.

He does check out Gateworld for news but I got the distinct impression he doesn't have time to check out his threads, so we silly fangirls are probably safe.

I was fortunate enough to get to sit in on the GW interview that was just posted on Gateworld and got to talk with David for about two minutes before I had to shut up. That was fun. Creation conventions don't really give you a chance to talk with the actors, so it was a really special gift that was able to happened and a total surprise to me. David really is a warm and nice person! Very friendly and personable.

His talk was great. He did talk about the cancellation a bit. It's hard but he has a very realistic approach to it since it is part of the business.

The photo opps were absolutely hilarious. I am sorry I can't post them. I am very guarded about having my picture on the internet since I have had to deal with a problem situation in the past.
          I got my smile picture which is cute and my silly picture. My friend who went with me got me a photo with her, me and David as my birthday present.
          Spoiler:
          E-mail it, woman!!!

Comment

Originally posted by whiskeygirl406 View Post
            It sounds like you had a very relaxing holiday, Reefgirl! Good deal!
            I did, it was just nice to get away

Hey everyone,

Just a quick post, getting ready to leave Chicago....

Convention was great. David was simply wonderful...Chuck was fantastic and Ben was awsome.

David was funny on stage and they used my video to introduce him! Yeah!. I have to get a Youtube account so I can post it.

David and Chuck are taking the cancellation well. Actually David hadn't heard about it, came into work the next day all happy dappy and wondering why everyone was kind of down. Chuck ended up telling him.

Be back sometime tommorrow.
            **hugs roomie back! **

The pics are great!

I kinda of forgot I had a camera in my hand so I didn't get many pictures. I did get a few pics that I will try to post.

Thanks so much for switching seats with me during the convention. That was such a priceless gift. It was great to get to see David up front and close.

Spoiler:

I will try to post more later. I am very very tired and tomorrow will be busy because my friend from Europe will be leaving and it will be emotionally a difficult day.

Zelenka so rules the day!!!!!
            Sounds like you're having a lot of fun

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              Spoiler:
              E-mail it, woman!!!
              Sorry Pajus, I won't e-mail my photos to people that I just know through the internet. Sorry. I did get the jpegs so I will see about maybe posting David's silly look. The man was great.

Originally posted by Reefgirl
              Sounds like you're having a lot of fun
              Spoiler:
              I did. The people I was with made sure that I had alot of fun so it was priceless. I got to see David early in the morning at Breakfast, talk about a ham...Ben's up there before going to each table smiling - Ben was a bit uncomfortable because he wasn't sure how Stargate fans were going to react to him..this was his first Stargate convention, all the others were Farscape...and Ben is very very much aware of how fans feel about Mitchell. So Ben was just standing and smiling, checking the room out. David on the other hand stated doing poses, his Madona was especially funny!
              The interview was right after breakfast -a friend got me the opportunity to sit in on the interview. I had to take pictures, that's okay as long as I got to see David. David asked me where I was from and I told him...He joked a bit about the name of my hometown of which he had heard of...though he thought it was where all the apples come from. I laughed and told him that the apples were Wenacthee and my hometown was wheat country. He laughed at how I pronounce Wenachtee (spelling??) and then the interview started and I had to shut up. We weren't allowed to stay in the room beyond the interview. Creation is very very protective of the actors and rightly so. I was just happy to get to spend a few extra minutes with David.
              His talk was shortly after the interview and they played my video to introduce David. For me that was priceless....and then the photo ops. My friends were in the room with me - everyone is great about supporting each other when we are meeting our favorite actors - partly to see how much we embarass or get embarassed. It's all in good fan fun! They laughed at me with David - and yes I could hear them and it was great!
              David instantly recognized me and I didn't even have to ask, he gave me a hug picture. Then I said I had another photo op and that I wanted a silly picture..he was surprised and said a silly picture and I said yes and he was more than willing..I was laughing so hard on the inside and actually lost it at that point, just when they snapped the camera so I got a great silly picture.
              After Ben's talk was autographs....I got to have a nice few second chat with David during the autographs....he likes to personalize his autographs and does not make you feel like you are being rushed thorough and makes wonderful eye contact with everyone.

So yea, over all I had a really great experience and my friends really helped alot. They were supportive. And I can honetly say I didn't act like a total bumbling idiot around David, which is what I was worried I would do.

more later
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                I did. The people I was with made sure that I had alot of fun so it was priceless. I got to see David early in the morning at Breakfast, talk about a ham...Ben's up there before going to each table smiling - Ben was a bit uncomfortable because he wasn't sure how Stargate fans were going to react to him..this was his first Stargate convention, all the others were Farscape...and Ben is very very much aware of how fans feel about Mitchell. So Ben was just standing and smiling, checking the room out. David on the other hand stated doing poses, his Madona was especially funny!
                The interview was right after breakfast -a friend got me the opportunity to sit in on the interview. I had to take pictures, that's okay as long as I got to see David. David asked me where I was from and I told him...He joked a bit about the name of my hometown of which he had heard of...though he thought it was where all the apples come from. I laughed and told him that the apples were Wenacthee and my hometown was wheat country. He laughed at how I pronounce Wenachtee (spelling??) and then the interview started and I had to shut up. We weren't allowed to stay in the room beyond the interview. Creation is very very protective of the actors and rightly so. I was just happy to get to spend a few extra minutes with David.
                His talk was shortly after the interview and they played my video to introduce David. For me that was priceless....and then the photo ops. My friends were in the room with me - everyone is great about supporting each other when we are meeting our favorite actors - partly to see how much we embarass or get embarassed. It's all in good fan fun! They laughed at me with David - and yes I could hear them and it was great!
                David instantly recognized me and I didn't even have to ask, he gave me a hug picture. Then I said I had another photo op and that I wanted a silly picture..he was surprised and said a silly picture and I said yes and he was more than willing..I was laughing so hard on the inside and actually lost it at that point, just when they snapped the camera so I got a great silly picture.
                After Ben's talk was autographs....I got to have a nice few second chat with David during the autographs....he likes to personalize his autographs and does not make you feel like you are being rushed thorough and makes wonderful eye contact with everyone.

So yea, over all I had a really great experience and my friends really helped alot. They were supportive. And I can honetly say I didn't act like a total bumbling idiot around David, which is what I was worried I would do.

more later
                Spoiler:
                Did you show him your Radek-clone

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Did you show him your Radek-clone
                  LOL Pajus, I didn't even think about the clone. I think David might have been a bit embarassed about that and I know that I sure would have been!

Dr,jackson just showed me her David pics, I don't have them so I can't post them. She's packing up right now, this is tough, it's been so much fun having her here.... I'm trying not to get emotional so I am on GW while she is packing.
                  Her pics are great and she will be posting them in the next few days.
                  sigpic

Comment

Howdy all! New to this thread. I went to Chicago Con this weekend and got some pictures of David I thought I would share in here.

-Wendy
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by me

Comment

sigpic
                      Sig made by me

Comment

sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

sigpic
                          Sig made by me