Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    No surprise, no hard feelings. We can always continue it in (dirty) fanfictions
    True. But getting a DN fix just got a whole lot harder.

Here's to hoping some show out there decides they want to pull in SGA fans and gives DN a job. ~.^

That's the only part of this thing that actually upsets me -- all those people out of work.

DragonLady
    "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post

Here's to hoping some show out there decides they want to pull in SGA fans and gives DN a job. ~.^

That's the only part of this thing that actually upsets me -- all those people out of work.

DragonLady
      I think Sci-fi is making a huge mistake but so be it, it's their mistake to make.

Let's hope David can get some other work where we can see him more regularly....

that's the bummer about cancellations, you don't always get to see your favorite actor(s) on a regular basis.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Well, I can't really claim I'm surprised but I really hate that David will be out of work. He was one of the few things that even made me watch some of the eps on Youtube.
        Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
        SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post

DragonLady
          I know... But we're not the ones responsible for it.

Comment

*waves* to everyone. Will be heading out to Chicago in about 8 hours.

Post lots of thunky pictures and if I get a chance to post from Chicago I will! A few of my roommates are bringing their laptops with wireless connections!
            David is on stage on Sunday! *giant fangirl squeeeeeeeee*
            Pinch me and tell me I am not dreaming...........

Otherwise I will tell you all about it next week.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
              *waves* to everyone. Will be heading out to Chicago in about 8 hours.

Post lots of thunky pictures and if I get a chance to post from Chicago I will! A few of my roommates are bringing their laptops with wireless connections!
              David is on stage on Sunday! *giant fangirl squeeeeeeeee*
              Pinch me and tell me I am not dreaming...........

Otherwise I will tell you all about it next week.
              *pinches Rosehawk in the chest area* We want all the dirty details and photos you'll make

Comment

*pinches Rosehawk * We want all the dirty details and photos you'll make
                LOL. I will do my best!

And he's gonna be at the breakfast on Sunday with Ben! Oh this is gonna be soooo cool...... sorry, I'm just really really excited.
                sigpic

Comment

LOL. I will do my best!

And he's gonna be at the breakfast on Sunday with Ben! Oh this is gonna be soooo cool...... sorry, I'm just really really excited.
                  That's good, but don't get over-excited. I heard the security takes out several over-excited fans on every convention

Comment

That's good, but don't get over-excited. I heard the security takes out several over-excited fans on every convention
                    Nawwwww, that's only if the fan(s) are mauling the actor. They are gonna have to pry me up off the floor which is where I am going to land when I die from embarassment because I *thunk* Radek and now will be coming face to face with the guy who brings this lovely and wonderful character to life!
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey, I love David Nykl, but why does Dr. Z get to have his photo in the MultiChannel cancellation article? They couldn't get a Season 5 cast photo? Although Teyla and Zelenka look rather frantic, which is how I feel right now.

If you read the article, all the season 5 main cast members, including Bob Picardo, get mentioned except Jason Momoa. What's with that? David gets his name mentioned in the cast list because he's in the photo. Oooh, David bumped Jason!

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

LOL. iolanda, your fangirl love for McKay comes out!

I will have to read your fanfics when I get back. So little time....so much to do.....and work was hectic!
                        What she said. I really like Zelenka, but Rodney comes first, I'm sorry.
                        Thats the reason why I couldn't praise Quarantine.

The announcement of the cancellation really ruined the start of my day. I wasn't totally surprised due to the severe change in the tone of Mallozzis blog and some other hints, but still.... *sigh*

Gonna miss David. Both of'em.

Rosehawk, I wish sooooo much fun on the weekend! You might ask David if he wants to meet me when I am in Vancoucer in October
                        I could finally give him his coke then

Oh, and Ben Browder - he is such a sweetheart. I was told the he is incredible nervous at cons. Make some pictures, will ya?
                        The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                          Rosehawk, I wish sooooo much fun on the weekend! You might ask David if he wants to meet me when I am in Vancoucer in October
                          I could finally give him his coke then

Oh, and Ben Browder - he is such a sweetheart. I was told the he is incredible nervous at cons. Make some pictures, will ya?

Thanks. And now we are offffffffffff!!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

[Unrelated post, sorry to butt in but I need the help from some Zelenka fans]

Can someone with the Atlantis season 1 DVDs help me out with information about Zelenka (I am trying to improve the wikipedia article about him)? I don't have the DVDs any more, but I remember that in the audio commentary for "The Storm", Martin Gero elaborated on how he brought Zelenka back. It was, I believe, around the time in the commentary when McKay and Zelenka ran to Weir in the control room and are all excited about their idea of let's-use-lightning-as-a-power-source. If someone could provide a transcript or a summary of this information, this would be a big help. Thanks (I'll give green Jello points).

sgeureka
                            No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                            (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

OK - this whole cancellation announcement killed my afternoon. I thought a couple of the posts on the main board were just reactions to unconfirmed rumors, but then dug around a little and found the official articles. Crap ... that stinks.

But, Pajus is right - we can keep going with all our own ideas & TPTB won't be able to mess them up! (Umm - can somebody retrieve & defrost the Lizzie-cicle pls? Thx! ) There's usually a bright side, if you look for it.

Rosehawk! You lucky pup! Have a great time & be safe! Come back with lots of fun things to tell us!
                              : How much time do you need?
                              : ...a week... : ...a couple of hours.
                              : I'll take the second estimate. Go.
                              to : What are you? Union?

My LJ Got Ghosts? Gadzooks!

Comment

Originally posted by whiskeygirl406 View Post
                                But, Pajus is right - we can keep going with all our own ideas & TPTB won't be able to mess them up! (Umm - can somebody retrieve & defrost the Lizzie-cicle pls? Thx! ) There's usually a bright side, if you look for it.
                                If you want to write a story that way, I can already tell you a correct way of doing it. *Looks forward to the resulting Razzie smut*

Comment

Working...
                                X