Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hello.

    I know, I've been a bad Zelenka fan lately. I'm sorry I haven't been about. (Man, I don't even remember how long it's been since I posted now.) School, work, RL, grad school stuff, and other stresses have taken over for too long, but I'm taking full advantage of a sick day today to get caught up on some of the important stuff I've gotten behind on. And that includes checking in here on my friends again. And gawking at cute Radek pics.

    How has everyone been? Life okay? I need to take the time to read up on the recent posts, but wanted to say hi first. Any big excitement (good or bad) for anyone? I hope it's all going well and you're having a good spring!

    "Quarantine" comment:
    Spoiler:
    Oh, and because I don't think I commented on it when the ep first aired but I was thinking about it today, I absolutely adore Radek's pigeon wallpaper on his computer! So cute. And his appalled "They're not for eating."


    Will go read up and come back with a more in-depth response to what's been going on for you all. Missed you guys! ((((Zelenka fans))))!!!

    Seti
    Last edited by SETI_fan; 23 April 2008, 06:19 PM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Renenutet View Post
      actually, the cigar is so small, I ignored it. if you look at it, it is a bit gross. It looks like something else, lol.
      LOL! True!
      sigpic

      www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

      Comment


        Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        Listening to talk is sometime more entertaining than actually talking.
        My daughter is in to Harry Potter too, I'm picking up the books for her whenever I can now
        I know all about "He's sooooooooo old"

        It actually is alot of fun just to listen to them talk! It's kind of cool they have no problem sharing their stuff with me!

        Originally posted by Reefgirl
        My daughter's not into sci fi either, she's more into Anime
        My daughter use to like to watch Stargate. On cold winter days we would put in some DVD's - her choice, eat lunch and watch SG1, then the hormones hit and life changed!

        Originally posted by Everlovin
        Not like scifi!! *runs screaming for the hills* How is such a thing possible?!?
        They haven't seen Radek yet, thats how!

        Originally posted by Everlovin
        And I must have been such a complete social oddity when I was a teen. I didn't thunk any of the 'teen idols' of the time. I was thunking men old enough to be my father. RDA, Scott Bakula, Harrison Ford, and others. I'm fairly certain that I would be thunking Radek too if SGA was on in the early '90s.
        At least you had good taste!

        Originally posted by SETI_fan
        know, I've been a bad Zelenka fan lately. I'm sorry I haven't been about. (Man, I don't even remember how long it's been since I posted now.) School, work, RL, grad school stuff, and other stresses have taken over for too long, but I'm taking full advantage of a sick day today to get caught up on some of the important stuff I've gotten behind on. And that includes checking in here on my friends again. And gawking at cute Radek pics.
        Welcome Back Seti_fan!

        Originally posted by SETI_fan
        How has everyone been? Life okay? I need to take the time to read up on the recent posts, but wanted to say hi first. Any big excitement (good or bad) for anyone? I hope it's all going well and you're having a good spring!
        Ahhhh spring, it just hit here. Yesterday was our first good day of weather in almost 6 months!

        Oh yeah, my big excitment - I get to meet David this Summer at the Chicago convention!

        Seti, you need Spoiler tags for this part since S5 hasn't aired yet.
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by SETI_fan
        Oh, and because I don't think I commented on it when the ep first aired but I was thinking about it today, I absolutely adore Radek's pigeon wallpaper on his computer! So cute. And his appalled "They're not for eating."
        LOL. That scene was funny except they dumbed Zelenka down a bit too much prior to getting to that line. David delivered that line just so perfect - so off from what Sam was talking about. I liked how they carried the pigeons over from Echos, and gave us a bit of Zelenka character development.
        sigpic

        www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

        Comment


          Whoops! Sorry about the spoiler! I forgot season 4 hasn't aired everywhere yet. I fixed it now.

          To respond:

          Spoiler:
          Poor Radek did take a bit of a beating to his character the latter half of this season, didn't he? *cough*Trio*cough* I didn't like the way they handled a lot of that, but his hero role in the end of "Quarantine" was just great. Here's hoping he gets more respect back in season 5.


          That's awesome that you get to meet David in Chicago! Wish he'd come down to Dallas for FedCon USA. Oh well, at least I'll get to meet Paul McGillion there. (For once a major con is happening in Texas. I do not plan to miss it!)

          And I must have been such a complete social oddity when I was a teen. I didn't thunk any of the 'teen idols' of the time. I was thunking men old enough to be my father. RDA, Scott Bakula, Harrison Ford, and others. I'm fairly certain that I would be thunking Radek too if SGA was on in the early '90s.
          You're not alone in that, Everlovin. All of my celebrity crushes have been on guys in their 30's or 40's, since high school. I just don't like the pretty boys in their early 20's that they have on so many TV shows and movies. I like guys with maturity, character, who are surer about who they are. And honestly, just look at what actors are looking at in their 40s these days. I would have had a hard time guessing Ben Browder or James Marsters were out of their thirties (though that may just be me).

          Seti

          Comment


            Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
            Spoiler:
            Poor Radek did take a bit of a beating to his character the latter half of this season, didn't he? *cough*Trio*cough* I didn't like the way they handled a lot of that, but his hero role in the end of "Quarantine" was just great. Here's hoping he gets more respect back in season 5.
            Spoiler:
            Yeah, they did a pretty poor job of it with Trio. Made the other characters look worse IMO. The Zelenka bashing didn't go over well with fans at all!
            The look on Radek's face at the end of Quarantine was so cute! It was about time Radek got some good recognition for a job well done.


            Originally posted by SETI_fan
            That's awesome that you get to meet David in Chicago! Wish he'd come down to Dallas for FedCon USA. Oh well, at least I'll get to meet Paul McGillion there. (For once a major con is happening in Texas. I do not plan to miss it!)
            You never know, David might make it someday. He has spent so much time with fans on other continents - Europe, Australia and New Zeland that he is trying to connect with his US fans now. His going to Chicago and then the following weekend Dragoncon in Atlanta which is probably closer to you than Chicago.
            I met Paul last year. He was faboulous. He was really sick so he didn't socialize with fans at all which was a bummer, but ah well, I got a great unexpected hug from him. He is a great hugger! And I got the cutest photo op with him.
            I would love to get a David N., David H. and Paul photo op together!

            Originally posted by SETI_fan
            And honestly, just look at what actors are looking at in their 40s these days. I would have had a hard time guessing Ben Browder or James Marsters were out of their thirties (though that may just be me).
            I get to meet Ben too! He's coming to Chicago the same day that David is!

            *THUNK*
            Spoiler:
            Last edited by Rosehawk; 23 April 2008, 07:02 PM.
            sigpic

            www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

            Comment


              Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
              Spoiler:
              Yeah, they did a pretty poor job of it with Trio. Made the other characters look worse IMO. The Zelenka bashing didn't go over well with fans at all!
              The look on Radek's face at the end of Quarantine was so cute! It was about time Radek got some good recognition for a job well done.



              You never know, David might make it someday. He has spent so much time with fans on other continents - Europe, Australia and New Zeland that he is trying to connect with his US fans now. His going to Chicago and then the following weekend Dragoncon in Atlanta which is probably closer to you than Chicago.
              I met Paul last year. He was faboulous. He was really sick so he didn't socialize with fans at all which was a bummer, but ah well, I got a great unexpected hug from him. He is a great hugger! And I got the cutest photo op with him.
              I would love to get a David N., David H. and Paul photo op together!


              I get to meet Ben too! He's coming to Chicago the same day that David is!

              *THUNK*
              Spoiler:
              Rose, is it your pic or my monitor that is so blurry? Love it though!
              sigpic

              Click here daily to give free mammograms

              It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

              Comment


                Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                Whoops! Sorry about the spoiler! I forgot season 4 hasn't aired everywhere yet. I fixed it now.

                To respond:

                Spoiler:
                Poor Radek did take a bit of a beating to his character the latter half of this season, didn't he? *cough*Trio*cough* I didn't like the way they handled a lot of that, but his hero role in the end of "Quarantine" was just great. Here's hoping he gets more respect back in season 5.
                Spoiler:
                Not to mention the poor physics in the beginning. I've seen a girl on GW add the line "Radek can sniff my hair any day" to her signature
                Last edited by Pajus; 23 April 2008, 09:05 PM.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                  My daughter use to like to watch Stargate. On cold winter days we would put in some DVD's - her choice, eat lunch and watch SG1, then the hormones hit and life changed!
                  When my daughter gets her choice of DVD's we watch, it usually ends up as Motor racing of some sort, not that I mind

                  Comment


                    Hi! I am one of Czech fans. I saw David Nykl at Festival of fantasy convention in Chot?bo? on July 2007. He is very nice and witty. I hope he will be in regular cast in 5th season of Atlanits. He deserves it.

                    mckay.tym.cz

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Geros´Lal View Post
                      Hi! I am one of Czech fans. I saw David Nykl at Festival of fantasy convention in Chot?bo? on July 2007. He is very nice and witty. I hope he will be in regular cast in 5th season of Atlanits. He deserves it.
                      Welcome to the thread, fellow citizen. I share your hopes

                      Comment


                        Pajus: Where are you from?

                        mckay.tym.cz

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Geros´Lal View Post
                          Hi! I am one of Czech fans. I saw David Nykl at Festival of fantasy convention in Chot?bo? on July 2007. He is very nice and witty. I hope he will be in regular cast in 5th season of Atlanits. He deserves it.
                          Hey, welcome Geros´Lal!

                          David will be in Season 5 however he is still not a regular, though he appears in so many episodes he might as well be!
                          sigpic

                          www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                            Rose, is it your pic or my monitor that is so blurry? Love it though!
                            In this case it is the pic! Sorry, I didn't have alot of computer time and took the first one that was convient to take.
                            It's kind of cute how they are still mussing up his hair to give him the eccentric scientist look, but he has hair is cut short in the back and so nice and neat


                            Originally posted by Pajus
                            Spoiler:
                            Not to mention the poor physics in the beginning. I've seen a girl on GW add the line "Radek can sniff my hair any day" to her signature
                            Spoiler:

                            I'm with the girl who added "Radek can sniff my hair any day" to her sig.


                            Originally posted by Reefgirl
                            When my daughter gets her choice of DVD's we watch, it usually ends up as Motor racing of some sort, not that I mind
                            Last edited by Rosehawk; 24 April 2008, 08:31 PM.
                            sigpic

                            www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

                            Comment


                              Here's a link to the website of "The Beast of Bottomless Lake". A movie David film this past summer where he has the lead role. No idea of a release date yet. Some nice piccie's and David's actually in a few of them!

                              http://www.provostpictures.com/index.htm
                              sigpic

                              www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Geros´Lal View Post
                                Pajus: Where are you from?
                                Far away from you *sad face*

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X