Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    Did you build the drool dam?
    My admiration for David is more of the platonic kind, but I can totally understand what you all see in him! He is just lovely!!!!! Can't count the number of times he smiled and shook my hand! He just walked around as we were waiting for their talk and started shaking hands and chatting - he seemed to really enjoy interacting with everyone A genuinely nice man
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      Hi everyone I met David at Collectormania on the weekend and just dropped by to share a few pics and say what a sweetheart he is!

Spoiler:

Thanks Lahela for stopping by and sharing! The pics are cute! Glad you had a good time.

Now if we can only get the guy here in the States a few more times.........

Originally posted by Lahela
      My admiration for David is more of the platonic kind, but I can totally understand what you all see in him! He is just lovely!!!!! Can't count the number of times he smiled and shook my hand! He just walked around as we were waiting for their talk and started shaking hands and chatting - he seemed to really enjoy interacting with everyone A genuinely nice man
      Really nice to hear! Makes me glad I am a fan of David's, plus he is just so much fun to *THUNK*!

Originally posted by Pajus
      Did you build the drool dam?
      forget the drool dam, I've got the lifeboats out now!

PS: Lahela, can I snurch your pics?!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
        I'm sure planning one. If you think you're not ready, me and HK-47 can do the job, but having a skilled Padawan there will surely improve our odds of success
        Ummm, Pajus, you're not going on a mission to rescue David without me. I will be ready.

Originally posted by Gatebunny
        *Shuffles in...*

Umm, hello, everyone! I met David this weekend, and I think I've fallen in love... he's just so lovely! (Talk about smitten - after I met him, I couldn't stop talking about him - he is just sooooooo cute and friendly!)

I've got some really cute pics of him on his own and with Jason Momoa - as soon as I have sorted them out, I'll post them up here.
        *Claps hands* Oh goody, more David piccie's. I can hardly wait.

Glad you had a good time!

And Pajus, forget about the life jackets and the drool dam. I've got the lifeboats out now!
        sigpic

Comment

Some fun *THUNK* pictures!

I just had to throw this one in because I like the different faces that David/Zelenka always seems to make!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
            Ummm, Pajus, you're not going on a mission to rescue David without me. I will be ready.
            We don't have much time for it, so you better do it quickly. The Stormtroopers want to execute him within the week

*Claps hands* Oh goody, more David piccie's. I can hardly wait.

Glad you had a good time!

And Pajus, forget about the life jackets and the drool dam. I've got the lifeboats out now!
            That figures

Comment

PS: Lahela, can I snurch your pics?!
              Absolutely!!! Snurch away!
              sigpic

Comment

That first one is good, another p!$$ed off Zelenka

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                  Absolutely!!! Snurch away!
                  Cool! Thanks! I like that orange shirt on David!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                    That first one is good, another p!$$ed off Zelenka
                    I wonder how many days of hair growth is on his face in that pic. Seems more scruffy than usual!

Originally posted by Pajus
                    That figures

You know the ark is gonna be next!

Pajus, how do you handle all this thunking (drool, silly fangirl stuff) for Radek when you are not really thunker but just having fun!
                    sigpic

Comment

I was going to ask the same thing, so come on Pajus, spill

Comment

A Sixth Form College is part of the further education system, you study A Levels there, you need A Levels to get into University
                        Wow, your guys education system is really different then ours. How do you get into A Levels?

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                        Great minds do think alike!

I think even Radek is curious.

Damn the guy's got nice eyes and a nice mouth!
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, your guys education system is really different then ours. How do you get into A Levels?
                          I don't know, I didn't need them to get into my college, the best person to ask is Allestian

Comment

I wonder how many days of hair growth is on his face in that pic. Seems more scruffy than usual!

You know the ark is gonna be next!

Pajus, how do you handle all this thunking (drool, silly fangirl stuff) for Radek when you are not really thunker but just having fun!
                            Reefgirl's training turned me into the patient man I am now

Comment

In the UK school system the "school leaving" exams are the GCSEs (General Certificate of Secondary Education) which you take at age 16. If you get good enough grades in your GCSEs, you can choose to do A Levels (Advanced Levels) which take another two years of school. You can usually do your A Levels at the same secondary school where you took your GCSEs or there are colleges of higher education etc which offer A Levels as well as a variety of vocational courses and qualifications.

It is usual to do 3-4 (minimum of 3) subjects at A Level and if you want to go to University, your place at the University of your choice will be dependent on your A Level grades. You begin applying to Universities for the degree course you would like to study during your last year of A levels (and your school gives you predicted A Level grades to help in your applications) and each University you apply to will make their decision and either reject your application or offer you a University place, subject to your obtaining a minimum A Level grade (which is set by the college) - e.g. for high profile universities or for high-requirement degrees such as medicine, you might need to get 3 As to get your place on the course. For less popular universities/courses or for "easier" degree subjects, you might get an offer of 3 Cs or 2 Bs and a C etc etc.

When you get your A Level results in the summer, if you have achieved the minimum grades required by the university course you applied for, you automatically have a place reserved for you on that course (if you have achieved the grades required for more than 1 of your university choices, you have to decide which place you wish to take and accept that one and reject the others). If you haven't achieved the minimum grades required for your chosen courses, you have to go through the stressful process called "clearing" whereby you have to wait until all the people who achieved their minimum grades have accepted their University places and then see what places are left - if you are incredibly lucky, their may be places left on the course you wanted to do at the university you wanted to attend but more likely you will be able to find a place on the course you wanted but not at your first choice of university.

Hope that helps explain things!

And to bring things back on topic - and the reason I popped in here in the first place! - I thought I'd share some of my pics of David from the recent Collectormania con!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post

And to bring things back on topic - and the reason I popped in here in the first place! - I thought I'd share some of my pics of David from the recent Collectormania con!

Spoiler:

*inflates boat, puts on life-jacket, takes paddles* You can watch them now, Rosehawk
                                Last edited by Pajus; 21 November 2007, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X