Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silverdamascus
    Heya gang, our Czeck speakers up for a translation request?

"The first life that your arrogance costs Rodney McKay I swear I will mark upon your flesh as it is marked upon your soul."

It's for a fanfic in case you haven't guessed, can you tell he's a tad upset?
    I don't think I'd be able to translate THAT... I'm not poetic enough...

and I don't want certain someone to have stupid comments either...
    ZELENKA: You know, you’re not pleasant when you’re like this, McKay.
    McKAY: I’m always like this.
    ZELENKA: My point exactly.

Comment

Hehe play nice kids. Am glad peeps like the dialogue though, always worry about putting words into the mouth of an established character people love. It can be a challenge for someone!

On an easier note anyone know the Czech word for "******"?
      Last edited by silverdamascus; 17 October 2005, 02:12 AM.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Two more from Duet. Radek took his glasses off. Rodney clearly isn't happy.

Uh, the two statements have nothing to do with each other.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

LMAO! I was wondering why isn't Rodney happy about Radek's glasses... LOL!
          ZELENKA: You know, you’re not pleasant when you’re like this, McKay.
          McKAY: I’m always like this.
          ZELENKA: My point exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
            Two more from Duet. Radek took his glasses off. Rodney clearly isn't happy.

ZELENKA: "Thouhg I do miss them sometimes, I think the snazzy mic looks better than the glasses."
            MCKAY: "I don't believe this."

Originally posted by watcher652

MCKAY: "How could you do this to me?"

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

I prefer him without the glasses (also with)....he looks sexier without them.
              And personal experience...the glasses usually get in the way when you are kissing their owner.

Comment

Come on people or am I to loose faith in you all? You'll have to drop the white coats and start growing pony tails and adopting american accents if this goes on!

The other phrase I can work without having in Czech but this one I can't people so rally round kids and lets go, lets go, lets go.

"Angel of Atlantis."

I'm assuming Atlantis is the same word but I need the grammer and if any little genius happens to know how close to the Czech word the Russian word for angel is you can hold the lab coats for a week.

Come on kids, gotta get this finished.

Comment

Come on people or am I to loose faith in you all? You'll have to drop the white coats and start growing pony tails and adopting american accents if this goes on!
                  Hey, I resemble that remark!

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

"Angel of Atlantis." - "Atlantidský anděl", or "Anděl Atlantidy"

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

Hehehe sorry CeeKay! Alright, whiney uppity American accents. Better?
                      Whoo! D3, way to go, thanks for that.

Comment

Oh, I think now that better should be "Anděl z Atlantidy". I exact translation "Angel from Atlantis"...

Comment

Oh, I think now that better should be "Anděl z Atlantidy". In exact translation "Angel from Atlantis"...

Comment

Ta very much D3. I probably should have given you the context, I don't quite know whats best for working with translations.

Zelenka's just had a talk with Dr Weir whose helped him feel a bit better, she tells him good night and as she walks out the door he tells her "Sleep well, Angel of Atlantis."

...okay, now I explain it that may seem a bit cheesy, ah well. Hope that helps with deciding which translation it should be. How you guys can cope with languages like this I've no idea

Comment

Ta very much D3. I probably should have given you the context, I don't quite know whats best for working with translations.

Zelenka's just had a talk with Dr Weir whose helped him feel a bit better, she tells him good night and as she walks out the door he tells her "Sleep well, Angel of Atlantis."

...okay, now I explain it that may seem a bit cheesy, ah well. Hope that helps with deciding which translation it should be. How you guys can cope with languages like this I've no idea
                              "Sleep well, Angel of Atlantis." would be "Spi sladce, ty můj atlantický anděli" or just "Atlantický anděli".

...yeah it's really hard and grammar sux, but it's my native language )

Comment

Hehe bummer, ta greatly for taking the time to translate though.

Anyone prefer Zelenka's hair the kinda shorter one we see at first opposed to the longer one later on? Good to see it longish though, holding up the standard for men with long hair (despite Kavanaghs attempts to ruin the reputation) long before Dex arrived!

Comment

Working...
                                X