Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
    <snip>

I'll have to look around and see if I can find those translations. The one that made me most curious was the most recent (I think) one where I picked out the phrases "cryptozoolog", "Okanagan", and "Ogopogo". Being interested in cryptozoology myself, I'm really curious how that came up! I think I heard somewhere that David goes diving, so that's the best context I can figure out.
    <snip>
    Originally posted by zuz View Post
    Hi seti fan. I'm not 100% sure but you might be referring to David's interview for Czech Con Festival of Fantazie 2007.

He was talking about his latest project "The Beast of Bottomless Lake", a feature film about the Ogopogo (the infamous sea creature reported to inhabit Okanagan Lake). He's playing a cryptozoologist who leads an expedition to find the creature.
    Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
    SETI_fan: <snip>

He spoke about his latest movie, he plays Cryptozoologist (I had no idea something like that exists) and it´s about looking for some type of "Nessie" in Okanagan Lake.
    <snip>
    It looks like I was right about the interview. The Nessie-like creature is the Ogopogo.

The plot of the movie:

Spoiler:
    The premise of The Beast of Bottomless Lake is an interesting one. The searchers are after the $2 million reward for proof positive of Ogopogo, and while searching for the beast, everything that can go wrong goes wrong. In the middle of all of this is the principal figure whom has a sighting of the denizen of Okanagan Lake, but cannot convince anyone he talks to about the incident that he really has seen this animal. The searchers are a group of academics led by one Paul Moran who apparently has lots of personal demons and this is compounded by having to work with a team of people who simply shouldn’t be in the same room with each other.

The filmmaker documenting all this is a bloke called Ernie and with the use of a wee spy camera he sets about capturing the prime moments when team members are off their guard or thinking that they are not being recorded. These guys are apparently told that they have been set up with luxurious accommodations at a high-class local resort, but when they get to the lake, they have the ignominy of having to all cram into the basement of Paul’s parents’ place. The farce continues when they bumble around on their research vessel and lose the brand new high-tech sled loaned to them by the mythical Royal Commission on Loch Ness.

To compound things their idyllic search is further tarnished when it is discovered that they have to share their research party with a grim wedding party. The rest of the ingredients in this curious mix are a member being busted for dope, obtaining actual video of the lake cryptid, betrayal and a lack of interest in the evidence the searchers have obtained.

David Nykl plays the character of Paul.

EDIT: If you wanna watch a teaser trailer for the movie, here's the link (no David in it I'm afraid ) :

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=11027587
    Last edited by zuz; 10 August 2007, 07:27 AM.
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      Re the translations, one of us will go and give Pajus a kick and tell him to get himself over here to answer your question
      I'm here alright, I just don't have the time to translate anything longer than one paragraph right now.

Comment

Ah, that does make sense then. I thought he might have a between-seasons hobby. And yes, I think that interview is the Czech Con Festival of Fantazie. Lucky people to get to do an interview with him!

I didn't mean to pressure anyone for new translations, BTW. I just figured if they were already online somewhere, you guys would know best. Thanks again!

Seti

Comment

They´ve got to be kidding me! How the hell did get the interview to youtube? It´s ours, sga-project.com site. Nobody asked us for posting it! Who is this person?! I didn´t think that you mean *our* interview, so I went and looked there...and phooof, there it is! I am gonna kill someone! I am really angry now!
          Last edited by Klenotka; 10 August 2007, 08:24 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Yikes! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! I hope you find a way to fix this and get back what's rightfully yours!

Seti

Comment

They´ve got to be kidding me! How the hell did get the interview to youtube? It´s ours, sga-project.com site. Nobody asked us for posting it! Who is this person?! I didn´t think that you mean *our* interview, so I went and looked there...and phooof, there it is! I am gonna kill someone! I am really angry now!
              uh, ohhhhhhh, someone's in trouble now.

How about a pi$$ed off Zelenka pic - just cause it's one of my favorites

Ah, what the heck, have another!

Hope you get things worked out Klendota!
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Well, I wrote to the person who posted it. I am waiting for answer now. I am not sure, if someone from our site didn´t give permission but they would discuss it with me first. So no, this is normal stolen material. I hate it. It´s the price we pay for being the best SGA site in Czech internet. And don´t ask how many texts from our site I found in other sites or blogs.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Well, I wrote to the person who posted it. I am waiting for answer now. I am not sure, if someone from our site didn´t give permission but they would discuss it with me first. So no, this is normal stolen material. I hate it. It´s the price we pay for being the best SGA site in Czech internet. And don´t ask how many texts from our site I found in other sites or blogs.

Yeah, I know it's a great site. Thanks for all the links!

Just wish I could read more of it because stories of David at cons or interviews are alot of fun to read! You guys got more updates as to what David is doing in his career then we get on his blog!

Anyway, I love the pics you guys post on your site!

Still though, whoever snurched should have asked.......
                  sigpic

Comment

Aghhhh, we had a really bad wind storm last night. Blew trees down and everything. Looks like I am without power in my house until Monday. I am at Kinko's right now but can't stay on for long.

And today of all days, I really need some good Radek *THUNKIN* fun!

Can't even post pictures at them moment.

Please post lots of pictures!!!!!!! Something to look forward to when the power comes back on.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't have any screencaps or anything to offer, but how's this?

Rosehawk was sitting at her kitchen table trying to read old issues of Stargate Magazine by flashlight when the knock sounded at her door. Frowning, she stood up and went to see who could be visiting at this hour.

She glanced through the peephole, then threw the door open, stunned.

The disheveled-looking, but adorable, scientist finished tapping something on his tablet PC and looked up, as if caught off-guard by the quick response.

"Hello. I was sent to repair an electrical problem?"

Not entirely sure she was awake, Rosehawk stared at Radek for a moment before snapping back to awareness. She stepped back and waved him in. "Uh, yeah. It's a, uh, power outage. Big storm."

"Ah. We've had our share of those." He entered the house, looking around. "Fortunately, your system looks much simpler than ours. This should only take a few moments."

"Stay as long as you like," she blurted before realizing she'd said it aloud. She blushed, but Zelenka was already caught up in his work.

"Could be a cable disconnected, likely somewhere outside the house itself," he said, calling up a wiring blueprint on his computer.

Rosehawk sagged a bit with disappointment.

"Of course, I should check the wires here first, to be sure." He looked up. "Where is your fuse box?"

"Uh, over here." She led him to it, trying to believe that it was really Radek Zelenka walking behind her. "You said you, specifically, were sent here?"

"Well, a general repair order was placed and I happened to be available." He stopped beside the fuse box, opening its cover. "Besides, Rodney has been working a double shift and is downright unpleasant to be around right now."

"Right."

"Did you see any electrical discharges before the power went out?"

*I'm feeling some sparks in the air right now.* "No."

He muttered something in Czech, sending a shiver through her, and closed the fuse box again, tracking the cables down from it. Rosehawk watched him connect a lead from his computer to one of the cables and fiddle with the keyboard. She couldn't find any words to say at the moment, but frankly was quite content just to enjoy the show.

After a few moments that didn't feel nearly long enough, there was a flicker in the house and a whirr as all the electronics came back on at once. The light inside shown brightly in the still-darkened neighborhood.

"That should take care of it." He disconnected the computer from the cable and straightened up. "Let me know if you have any more problems."

"Yeah, of course." A little surge of fear went through her. Dream or not, she didn't want this visit to end so quickly. "Can I get you some tea or something? To thank you for your help?"

He smiled briefly, a bit shyly. "Thank you, but I must get back and make sure Rodney hasn't made any of my team cry."

"Oh. Yeah."

Rosehawk walked him to the door, debating whether to find her camera and ask for a picture or get an autograph, or simply to rave about how great he was. As he reached the door, with time running out, she simply went with a wild impulse and threw her arms around him in a hug.

"Thank you."

Releasing him, she could have laughed at the surprised look on his face if she hadn't been so embarrassed. He simply stood there for a moment before clearing his throat.

"You're welcome." Seeming to remember where he was, he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, collected himself, and fumbled for the doorknob.

He paused in the doorway and turned back. "If you have any more problems, ANYTHING, just ask for me, personally." He started out again, and turned back again. "Anything."

"I will," Rosehawk promised.

He gave her the quick grin again, still looking a bit boyishly distracted, and finally headed out, muttering, "I need to take more house calls."

She watched him walk out of the light cast from her doorway and disappear into the night, already planning what she could break in her house to get him back tomorrow.

Hope that helps you feel better about the storm damage!

Seti

Comment

That was great SETI, have you got anymore fics out there

Comment

I don't think Rosehawk would allow Radek to go without *description of X-rated activity*. Very nice story

Comment

We're a very talented lot on this thread

Comment

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Since I've just met you guys, I wasn't sure if I got Rosehawk's personality right, but it was worth a shot. Heck, if Pajus is right, the real scene of Zelenka arriving at Rosehawk's house would probably end up more like the Trapped Milkmen sketch in Monty Python. lol

I do have one other very short Atlantis story, starring Zelenka (surprise, surprise). If you're interested, it's posted on my LJ.

http://seti-fan.livejournal.com/5993.html#cutid1

I also have a few SG-1 fics there, mostly involving Vala. I don't guarantee any of them are very good as I haven't been writing SG very long. I have a slew of Farscape ones too elsewhere, but that's another board.

Seti

Comment

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                                Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Since I've just met you guys, I wasn't sure if I got Rosehawk's personality right, but it was worth a shot. Heck, if Pajus is right, the real scene of Zelenka arriving at Rosehawk's house would probably end up more like the Trapped Milkmen sketch in Monty Python. lol

I do have one other very short Atlantis story, starring Zelenka (surprise, surprise). If you're interested, it's posted on my LJ.

http://seti-fan.livejournal.com/5993.html#cutid1

I also have a few SG-1 fics there, mostly involving Vala. I don't guarantee any of them are very good as I haven't been writing SG very long. I have a slew of Farscape ones too elsewhere, but that's another board.

Seti
                                Seti-fan, that was just great! Thanks. I would green you but I just did and I have to spread it around!

You won't believe it but my day, weekend got significantly worse. I haven't figured out if it just a really really bad weekend or if I am on an adventure. After reading your story, I am going for the adventure.

Powers still off. Will most likely be off until Monday, could be as late as Wednesday. Lost all the food in my fridge and freezer and I had just stocked up on blueberries when they were in season. (%#^@)

Anyway, yesterday was my birthday so I was going to go to an Improv show, get back late enough the house is dark who cares. My daughter was going to go to a friends house. I had to pick her up at another friends house in another town - she had been at someone else's birthday party - to take her to another friends house while I went out. At the first friends house I got a flat tire, we couldn't get the tire off, it was late, no way to get it fixed so we pumped up the tire and I drove home. No electricity, can't go to the show, so my daugher and I went to a hotel - at least we could shower.
                                Today I had to get two new tires - took all of my trip money - I am heading to Chicago in two weeks.

I really really need some Zelenka *Thunkin* Radek/David always makes me smile.

Oh, btw Seti-fan, you did a great job with my personality and Radek! That was really really cool! I will check out your stories when I can get back on the internet at my home.

And my daughter got me the latest Bon Jovi CD.

YEAH! There is something positive happening amongst all this other...stuff!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X