Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Llyrellin View Post
    Mmm, I think that pic is my new official favorite Radek one. He looks so...yummy.
    This is one of my favorites. I just love that gleam in his eye!

Originally posted by Reefgirl
    What kind of filling are we talking about here Rosehawk?
    Kind of like a jelly filling. The girls are making a sweet bread dough on Saturday - their first time making bread from scratch, it has to sit in the refrig overnight. The filling will go in the center, like a jelly doughnut before going in the oven. I already have the raspberry jam, I make that every summer from fresh raspberries - my favorite!!!
    Never had poppyseed filling before so not even quite sure what that is suppose to be like.

Originally posted by doylefan22
    Also in the autograph session I was on the opposite side of the room to him talking to Dan Payne when David started shouting and getting very excited about something to which Dan shouted 'Nykl! Take your ritalin!' Dan also carried him onto the stage over his shoulder during the auction saying 'look what I found outside!'
    Now that is a sight that I would love to have seen!! Thanks for sharing and so cool that you actually got to talk to David for awhile and shoes of all things - LOL!!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
      He's really entertaining and extremely approachable. He really makes an effort to have a proper conversation with the people he meets which is just lovely.
      That's so cool. Makes me appreciate him even more!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
        He's really entertaining and extremely approachable. He really makes an effort to have a proper conversation with the people he meets which is just lovely.
        Awww, sounds so sweet. .

Rosehawk, just wanted to say what you guys are making sounds yummy. . And I don't think, after
        Spoiler:
        the chess match,
        I'll ever look at Radek the same way again. . Not that that's a bad thing....

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

Rosehawk, just wanted to say what you guys are making sounds yummy. .
          They are good! One of the girls, her grandmother is from the Czech Republic -one of the reasons why they choose the country for the festival-so the receipe is from her grandmother's collection. We made them a few weeks ago for snack with all store bought supplies. They were delicious then and should be even better when homemade

Originally posted by Llyrellin
          And I don't think, after
          Spoiler:
          the chess match,
          I'll ever look at Radek the same way again. . Not that that's a bad thing....
          I know what you mean. My impression change about Radek too!

David went through so many facial emotions in that short time.
          Spoiler:
          Being competitive with out mercy, being slightly bored that his opponent was not challenging, highly intregrid with the swedish massage he won from a doctor who I gathered from his face was attractive and showing compassion about turning Carson down for fishing

He was great!!
          sigpic

Comment

Hum, pureed fruit might be an idea but I'm not sure how well it'll sit in uncooked dough. The way they put the jelly/jam in a doughnut is to 'Inject' for the want of a better word, the filling into the middle, through a piping bag

Comment

Yeah, I don't think pureed fruit would work too well - not enough flavor, plus the apples would get gross before we had a chance to cook them. Don't have to worry about injecting, the jelly sits on top of the bread dough.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                They are good! One of the girls, her grandmother is from the Czech Republic -one of the reasons why they choose the country for the festival-so the receipe is from her grandmother's collection. We made them a few weeks ago for snack with all store bought supplies. They were delicious then and should be even better when homemade :
                Oh, sounds delicious. .
                Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                I know what you mean. My impression change about Radek too!

David went through so many facial emotions in that short time.
                Spoiler:
                Being competitive with out mercy, being slightly bored that his opponent was not challenging, highly intregrid with the swedish massage he won from a doctor who I gathered from his face was attractive and showing compassion about turning Carson down for fishing

He was great!!
                I think it's the
                Spoiler:
                merciless Radek that I loved the most - I would love to see him play coutnterstrike. And the massage thing - it was so great. The 'waggling eyebrows' look...hehehe. .

Comment

A fun Zelenka expression!!

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

In that case ordinary sliced fruit would be ok Rosehawk

Comment

Oh, sounds delicious. .

I think it's the
                      Spoiler:
                      merciless Radek that I loved the most - I would love to see him play coutnterstrike. And the massage thing - it was so great. The 'waggling eyebrows' look...hehehe. .
                      Spoiler:
                      Yeah, merciless Radek was great. Kindof unexpected but just perfect for the moment and for Zelenka's character. I was on the floor laughing when I saw the 'waggling eyebrows' - just too damn cute!!!

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                      In that case ordinary sliced fruit would be ok Rosehawk
                      Thanks Reefgirl.
                      sigpic

Comment

You're welcome, I took the weekend off from cake making

Comment

Haven't been on in a while because I suffered a set back...rebroke my left leg (ARGH!) and have been laid up some more...gotta love ice and winter.
                          Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
                          SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

Originally posted by dancer_4_daniel View Post
                            Haven't been on in a while because I suffered a set back...rebroke my left leg (ARGH!) and have been laid up some more...gotta love ice and winter.
                            Ouch! *Hugs*. Hope you're up and about soon.

Comment

Originally posted by dancer_4_daniel View Post
                              Uggh, how did that happen?!

Do we need to make you a second Zelenka clone so you have two standing on either side of you to make sure you stay safe?!

You know you can never get enough Zelenka!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, I know it's not much, but here's a whumped Zelenka to share your pain:
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X