Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    As long as they don't turn Radek into the space slut, I wouldn't mind seeing him get alittle action. It would be neat if they found a way to turn Radek's 'crush' on Elizabeth from the Brotherhood into a story arch between the two. Course after his look in Sunday that crush may be a thing of the past....

    Radek doesn't need Lucius's stuff....he all ready has all the right stuff

    Thanks Trialia for stopping by and sharing. That was just hilarious!!!
    sigpic

    www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

    Comment


      I sent you some comments to the story. Might send more in the morning.

      The official name of our country in Czech is Ceska Republika (GW doesn't like diacritics). I can only guess someone tried to make it shorter and didn't bother himself with the fact that the word "Ceska" is an adjective.
      The word "Cesko" has the same meaning as when someone says only America when talking about the United States of America.
      Czech language refers to the word "Cesko" as an 'it' (not he or she). The word "Ceska" is an adjective to "Republic" (always refered to as a 'she')

      PS: You might have a nasty worm-virus in your computer.

      Comment


        Thanks Pajus - I just read your comments. Appreciate it and the translation. That is actually the word I was looking for.

        Thanks for the explanation. The US does have a tendency to shorten or 'nickname' things. 'Ceska' was actually coming from someone in the Czech Republic but it is possible that they got tired of correcting some here in the States and just went along with it and 'Ceska' stuck ever since
        At least now I know so I can be a bit more sensitive in my correspondences to the people I have contact with in your country.

        Are you sure about the worm? Did my document attachment pass anything on? I have two seperate virus scans that get run at least four times a week. Otherwise I am relatively certain that it is my e-mail configuation that is causing the problems.
        sigpic

        www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

        Comment


          If only I had the time for a little fic but knitting and work make it impossible

          Comment


            I said might have, not have. My anti-virus came up clean as well. I a study information technology and I only brought it up, because that's what worms do sometimes. I see you really don't underestimate computer security, so it's not a virus. Sorry about scaring you.
            PS What time zone do you live in?

            Comment


              I just wanted to be sure something didn't get passed on. I get the drill about computer security so much at work that it can't help but trickle down to the home computer.

              I live in the US Central time zone. It is the middle of the afternoon here and freezing cold though at least the wind isn't blowing as hard as the weather people originally predicted but still cold enough that alot of sports events are being cancelled.

              I have got to go get my Zelenka clone..........
              sigpic

              www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

              Comment


                Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                I just wanted to be sure something didn't get passed on. I get the drill about computer security so much at work that it can't help but trickle down to the home computer.

                I live in the US Central time zone. It is the middle of the afternoon here and freezing cold though at least the wind isn't blowing as hard as the weather people originally predicted but still cold enough that alot of sports events are being cancelled.

                I have got to go get my Zelenka clone..........
                It'll be about 3AM when I send my next comments (10AM where I live).

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                  If only I had the time for a little fic but knitting and work make it impossible
                  Co muzes udelat dnes, odloz na pozitri a dnes a zitra budes mit volno.

                  Trans:

                  Whatever can be done today might as well be postponed to theday after tomorrow. That way you'll get two free days

                  Comment


                    Easier said than done when you have a 12 year old daughter nagging at you

                    Comment


                      Sorry

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                        It'll be about 3AM when I send my next comments (10AM where I live).
                        Thanks. I could potientally still be awake, though 3AM would be my limited. I usually don't go to bed early on the weekends since I don't have to work. I will spend some time on your story a bit later when I can give it a good quality read. I have been in and out all day, playing taxi cab for my daughter, doing housework and shopping for some stuff for the house.

                        So much for spending the day working on my fic.

                        Can I get the translation for 'imbeciles' instead of 'you imbeciles" - Thanks
                        Last edited by Rosehawk; 03 February 2007, 03:38 PM.
                        sigpic

                        www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                          Easier said than done when you have a 12 year old daughter nagging at you
                          Oh how I can relate Reefgirl. Get tougher before it gets better.
                          You know it is sooo worth it though when they come up and give you a hug for no reason other than to say "You're the best Mom."

                          Hope you find time to do some fic soon. I love your stories!!!!
                          sigpic

                          www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                            Oh how I can relate Reefgirl. Get tougher before it gets better.
                            You know it is sooo worth it though when they come up and give you a hug for no reason other than to say "You're the best Mom."

                            Hope you find time to do some fic soon. I love your stories!!!!
                            Me too

                            Comment


                              okay, hello all you Raving Radek fans out there I made sumthing...I will link the website at the end...I found this site courtesy of another GWer



                              http://diy.despair.com/motivator.php
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                                Thanks. I could potientally still be awake, though 3AM would be my limited. I usually don't go to bed early on the weekends since I don't have to work. I will spend some time on your story a bit later when I can give it a good quality read. I have been in and out all day, playing taxi cab for my daughter, doing housework and shopping for some stuff for the house.

                                So much for spending the day working on my fic.

                                Can I get the translation for 'imbeciles' instead of 'you imbeciles" - Thanks
                                Story is sent. I added some Czech lines to it. I'll better send the colourful translation in a separate mail.

                                okay, hello all you Raving Radek fans out there I made sumthing...I will link the website at the end...I found this site courtesy of another GWer
                                Nice pic. Thanks for sharing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X