No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Reefgirl! . What can I say - Zelenka is just so cute. .
    As for the parents, I think mine are pretty neat - and they don't even like Stargate !

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

I promised in discussion thread David with beer. Unfortunately, the photos are not mine but if you want to see David´s visit in Gatecon in CR in 2005, you can do so here Just browse and watch. I have my own photos but they are not so good. Be patient there are also photos of members and visitors but you can find great pictures of David playing table football
      Those photos are from Stargate Command, Czech official fanclub

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Cool piccies!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
          At cons, we should have an international beer fest. That would be so awsome.
          Wouldn't that be the ultimate in International cultural exchange!!!
          Originally posted by Pajus View Post
          You should try our beer
          I heard it was the best!!
          Originally posted by Lida
          To bet back on thread, I saw David Nykl in an old Jake 2.0 and almost didn't recognize him. He is a whiz at accents, adnd quite cute too!
          His look does tend to change with his roles and he is very handsome indeed.
          I liked him in Jake 2.0 but I was disappointed that there wasn't more of him in the storyline. They kind of tease in the intro that his role was going to be bigger than it was.
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Thanks Klenotka. David is so *thunk* worthy

Looks like the con was alot of fun!!!
            sigpic

Comment

It was fun, and not only bc of David. As I wrote above, Czech cons are different in many ways. It´s from fans for fans. Some fan takes his favorite topic and makes a presentation. Just like me in last two cons, I spoke about David Hewlett And the most famous people are usually writers of sci-fi or fantasy. Cons were originaly made for literature, not TV shows. It´s different now. There is big SG and ST base (I am in both) and everyone are doing everything just for fun, even cons. You usually meet only friends with same hobbies, but it´s incredible. The longest and biggest con is on July and it lasts 10 days-presentations, movies, games...everything. I wish you could see it sometimes....Well, you could maybe, if DN comes this year again

This is my photo with David from that con. I look little tired bc it was after three days in the same clothes And I am thiner than at the photo

I am not sure, but I think I am breaking some limits for posted image

Spoiler:
              Last edited by Klenotka; 28 January 2007, 01:42 PM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I think you look great in that pic.

Comment

The pics are great

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                    It was fun, and not only bc of David. As I wrote above, Czech cons are different in many ways. It´s from fans for fans. Some fan takes his favorite topic and makes a presentation. Just like me in last two cons, I spoke about David Hewlett And the most famous people are usually writers of sci-fi or fantasy. Cons were originaly made for literature, not TV shows. It´s different now. There is big SG and ST base (I am in both) and everyone are doing everything just for fun, even cons. You usually meet only friends with same hobbies, but it´s incredible. The longest and biggest con is on July and it lasts 10 days-presentations, movies, games...everything. I wish you could see it sometimes....Well, you could maybe, if DN comes this year again

I am not sure, but I think I am breaking some limits for posted image
                    Beautiful picture Klenotka.
                    Sounds like Czech cons are the way cons should be!!!

No such thing as breaking some limits for posted images where David/Zelenka is concerned!!!!
                    At least you got to meet David!! Some of us may never get the chance so it is fun that you share
                    Last edited by Rosehawk; 28 January 2007, 01:59 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                      You should try our beer
                      I have and slid so quickly under the table that I thought my chair was greased I can't handle my beer

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        I have and slid so quickly under the table that I thought my chair was greased I can't handle my beer

That good huh!!!!
                        I can get German, Italian, Canadian, Mexican, English and Chinese beer here, but not Czech beer.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have and slid so quickly under the table that I thought my chair was greased
                          I can send you some

But I am sure you should get some Czech beer, one my friend from US got it in US...Pilsner or Budweiser....THE ORIGINAL Budweiser, not the American crap (sorry ). This thing is annoying. How can someone say that American Budweiser is original? Budweis is German name for Czech city ?eské Bud?jovice (Ceske Budejovice for non-addaptable GW ) and it is made there. How can something, called after Czech city with tradition longer than USA itself, be called as false and forced to be renamed?

Comment

I can send you some

But I am sure you should get some Czech beer, one my friend from US got it in US...Pilsner or Budweiser....THE ORIGINAL Budweiser, not the American crap (sorry ). This thing is annoying. How can someone say that American Budweiser is original? Budweis is German name for Czech city ?eské Bud?jovice (Ceske Budejovice for non-addaptable GW ) and it is made there. How can something, called after Czech city with tradition longer than USA itself, be called as false and forced to be renamed?
                            Cool, I learned something new here today!! I never knew that Budweiser had a Czech heritage.
                            I am guessing it was called original because it MAY have been one of the first beers brewed here in America for commerical use and original might be more of a reference to that then to it's Czech/German heritage - now I am going to have to check that out on the internet Beer was definetly not an original drink in America.
                            Don't apologize for calling American beer crap - you won't get many disagreements Though in Wisconsin and in my state and probably some other states, there are alot of micro breweries that brew their own original beers and those are usually pretty good beers.

LOL - How do we get this thread back on the topic of David/Zelenka!
                            Last edited by Rosehawk; 28 January 2007, 06:09 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                              LOL - How do we get this thread back on the topic of David/Zelenka!
                              Um, David's Czech....so...if we're discussing Czech stuff...maybe we're discussing him in a way....? I know, reaching.

David's hot, Radek is love. How's that?
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Potions_Mistress for the sig!

Comment

This is my photo with David from that con. I look little tired bc it was after three days in the same clothes And I am thiner than at the photo
                                Cool pic!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Potions_Mistress for the sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X