Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by audreysmagic View Post
    Thank you!!!!!! And I totally agree, he seems like a real sweetheart. Can't wait to meet him at a con someday.
    Yeah, I have heard nothing but good things from those who have met him. Really appreciates his fans which is nice!!!
    I hope to meet him at a con someday too! Maybe we can go together!!!!!
    Last edited by Rosehawk; 23 December 2006, 06:45 PM.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      Yeah, I have heard nothing but good things from those who have met him. Really appreciates his fans which is nice!!!
      I hope to meet him at a con someday too! Maybe we can go together!!!!!
      That would be so awesome. I used to go to cons ONLY to see friends, as they weren't actor cons...so I still mostly go for friends, and actors are icing on the cake.

I so very want David to come to DragonCon.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Potions_Mistress for the sig!

Comment

That would be so awesome. I used to go to cons ONLY to see friends, as they weren't actor cons...so I still mostly go for friends, and actors are icing on the cake.

I so very want David to come to DragonCon.
        One problem I have is that none of my friends are into Stargate like I am so they all think I am nuts!!! They haven't done a con here in the Twin Cities for a few years and then it was Creation with Star Trek. Even my daughter won't go with me and she use to love Stargate - I think it is the teenage rebellion stage of life, can't be seen with parents, too embarassing

DragonCon, that is the one in Atlanta, right? I would only go though if David was there and I knew some people going, only way I could justify costs.....
        sigpic

Comment

Dude
          Hey, I am a dudette

Originally posted by audreysmagic
          I've been promoted to Jaffa Fodder! ...Cool, but how does this "ranking" system work? time on board or number of posts? Both?
          Congradulations!!!! Jaffa Fodder indeed!

It works on number of posts. It is some of the information about Gateworld that you can check out that will tell you about how many posts for each promotion. I think you get another one at 100, the intervals vary and get further and further apart the more you post.
          sigpic

Comment

One problem I have is that none of my friends are into Stargate like I am so they all think I am nuts!!! They haven't done a con here in the Twin Cities for a few years and then it was Creation with Star Trek. Even my daughter won't go with me and she use to love Stargate - I think it is the teenage rebellion stage of life, can't be seen with parents, too embarassing

DragonCon, that is the one in Atlanta, right? I would only go though if David was there and I knew some people going, only way I could justify costs.....
            Yup, Atlanta, and it's my Big Con of the Year, since my costuming group has quite a presence. One of my friends does "McKay" and "Weir" (she has the blue Atlantis jacket with the personal shield and she has Lizzie's red jacket)...Torri saw her and thought it was SO cute....signed the autograph photo "Oh, no, another McKay!!!"

I've seriously considered getting my own Atlantis blue jacket, slapping my Czech flag patch on it, and putting on my round-frame glasses and following her around when she's doing McKay.

It would be so cool if you were there. And David.
            sigpic

Comment

Yup, Atlanta, and it's my Big Con of the Year, since my costuming group has quite a presence. One of my friends does "McKay" and "Weir" (she has the blue Atlantis jacket with the personal shield and she has Lizzie's red jacket)...Torri saw her and thought it was SO cute....signed the autograph photo "Oh, no, another McKay!!!"

I've seriously considered getting my own Atlantis blue jacket, slapping my Czech flag patch on it, and putting on my round-frame glasses and following her around when she's doing McKay.

It would be so cool if you were there. And David.
              Cool, that would be so much fun. I have a friend who has a daughter in Atlantis, who knows maybe..... It would be worth it just to watch everyone
              It could be my birthday present to myself, though I have to find someone to watch my kid for a few days and it is during State Fair time and just before school starts....hummmm details...
              sigpic

Comment

Hey, I am a dudette
                Hehe, I say "dude" way too much. A good friend of mine always used to, teen-style, and I picked it up from her. *tries very hard not to giggle at remembering A Sleepover In Atlantis, a goofball moment brought on by this*

(I was at a con in Tok'ra costume from SG-1, the tan one, and my friend was dressed as Weir and braiding another friend's hair...who was dressed as a Wraith. The words out of my mouth were "Dude, that just looks wrong," and then "Weir" says, "Well, oh, my God, it was, like, part of the treaty...and, like, when did the Tok'ra get to Pegasus?"...and we spent another few very silly moments doing Atlantis, the teen soap opera version.)
                Congradulations!!!! Jaffa Fodder indeed!
                Considering how many cons I've done in Tok'ra uniform, it's kind of scarily appropriate.

And to get this back to Radek-love, hmmm....I made a new convert the other day. Showed my best bud the Letters from Pegasus clip..... She told me, "I don't even watch the show, and I love this guy!"
                sigpic

Comment

Cool, that would be so much fun. I have a friend who has a daughter in Atlantis, who knows maybe..... It would be worth it just to watch everyone
                  It could be my birthday present to myself, though I have to find someone to watch my kid for a few days and it is during State Fair time and just before school starts....hummmm details...
                  Well, there are PLENTY of other tracks if the kid doesn't wanna do the Stargate thing.... *looks innocent*

DragonCon is great fun, huge, but a blast nonetheless....so much to do, so little time. You can stay in my room if ya want! Keeps costs down. (The fiancee, who attends, wants us to get a room of our own, but I told him forget it...he can survive without nookie for a couple days. I want to be able to pay the rent when I get home!)

*crossing fingers for David to attend*
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, there are PLENTY of other tracks if the kid doesn't wanna do the Stargate thing.... *looks innocent*
                    Kid has reached the age of realization that her Mom isn't just a mom..... Me having too much fun could put her into shock
                    DragonCon is great fun, huge, but a blast nonetheless....so much to do, so little time. You can stay in my room if ya want! Keeps costs down. (The fiancee, who attends, wants us to get a room of our own, but I told him forget it...he can survive without nookie for a couple days. I want to be able to pay the rent when I get home!)
                    Thanks for the offer. I will have to think about it and see what happens. Could be fun. I haven't done anything like this for ages, I am always taking care of someone else and really need to do something for me.

*crossing fingers for David to attend*
                    I know alot of fans are asking him!
                    sigpic

Comment

:And to get this back to Radek-love, hmmm....I made a new convert the other day. Showed my best bud the Letters from Pegasus clip..... She told me, "I don't even watch the show, and I love this guy!"
                      Way to go Dude, err Dudette. Another David Nykl convert I love that clip and the way David told the story, you did not have to understand Czech to understand what he was saying, even without the flashbacks. I am so glad tptb let him do it in Czech, it really added alot of impact to the scene and for Zelenka's character.
                      sigpic

Comment

Way to go Dude, err Dudette. Another David Nykl convert I love that clip and the way David told the story, you did not have to understand Czech to understand what he was saying, even without the flashbacks. I am so glad tptb let him do it in Czech, it really added alot of impact to the scene and for Zelenka's character.
                        Oh, yeah, it was lovely...and of course, if it hadn't been in Czech, that priceless "security clearance?" moment would have been lost.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh, yeah, it was lovely...and of course, if it hadn't been in Czech, that priceless "security clearance?" moment would have been lost.
                          Oh how could I forget, that was the absolute best part and Zelenka's face was just priceless

You know everytime I try to watch Duet, something happens. It is on right now and the begining which I have missed twice already, guess what I missed again...Just tuned in when Zelenka was yelling at McKay about making mistakes. At least I got a Zelenka moment in...and the DVD's come out when, the wait is just too long when I haven't seen season 2 except what has shown on syndication.....
                          sigpic

Comment

There is a chance that he comes here to Czech Republic again. He was here last October so maybe next July or October. Hopefully. His Czech is great.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I'd like to meet people from here at a con

Comment

I've still got my David sig so I'll be able to put it back

Comment

Working...
                                X