Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
    Thanks suyKay!!!!!!!!! His sense of humor really seems to come out on his blog!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      I knit a lot of accessories, hats, gloves, scarves and socks. There's a charity in Southampton (British and International Sailors Society) that asks people to knit hats that they give out to ships crews that come in from warmer parts of a world and are unprepaired for the cold weather here. It's a great way to use up left over wool.
      That's neat! Course you would have to knit hats, scarves, mittens, socks, underwear, lots of long underwear...if these crews came here!

Originally posted by Reefgirl
      Anyway back to the subject in hand, that profile/Ear shot was gorgeous
      I just loved that profile shot. Showed a very handsome Zelenka!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        That's neat! Course you would have to knit hats, scarves, mittens, socks, underwear, lots of long underwear...if these crews came here!
        They do have a branch in Vancouver

Comment

You're welcome Rosehawk

Comment

Oooh, nice pics!

And for those Czech speakers...my Russian stinks (working on it) and my Czech is all of three words right now...anyone wanna have pity on me and translate what David wrote on his last blog post?

http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com/
            sigpic
            Thanks to Potions_Mistress for the sig!

Comment

He is so sweet
              He says (I am sorry for not exact translation, I am afraid you don´t have word for "jež?*šek"-he carries presents here )

Best wishes to you all in homeland, happy "jež?*šek"-thank you very much for lots of mails and letters full of nice words. We will see each other soon, hopefully. .

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

They do have a branch in Vancouver
                I live about 2000 miles away from Vancouver (at least Vancouver BC, there is a Vancouver in Washington State as well which is just about as far) and it is definitely warmer in BC then it gets here in Minnesota, especially in January.

Originally posted by Klenotka
                He is so sweet
                He says (I am sorry for not exact translation, I am afraid you don´t have word for "jež?*šek"-he carries presents here )

Best wishes to you all in homeland, happy "jež?*šek"-thank you very much for lots of mails and letters full of nice words. We will see each other soon, hopefully.
                Thanks Klenotka!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                  He is so sweet

Best wishes to you all in homeland, happy "jež?*šek"-thank you very much for lots of mails and letters full of nice words. We will see each other soon, hopefully. .
                  Thank you!!!!!! And I totally agree, he seems like a real sweetheart. Can't wait to meet him at a con someday.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey Allestian,
                    Sci-fi here is going to have a Jake 2.0 marathon January 5th, maybe I will get to see David's episode!

I also found another one of David's movies called "Lies & Whispers". Movie was really really good. David's role was really really small, not a role that shows off his acting talents but it was fun to see David in Prague without an accent! I was expecting an accent since it was filmed there and thought he would be more of a Czech character though he could have been except his role was too small to tell. He plays a reporter and he has really long, thick hair. Hair is longer than how he has worn it in SGA. Movie is definitely a chick flick and was really good!
                    sigpic

Comment

Sounds a good movie

Comment

Sounds a good movie
                        Yeah it was a really good love story about an American woman whose grandfather was Czech who had a hidden past from the War and a Czech writer who is in line for a government position. It was really well acted and I thought a very beautiful love story between the characters. Her grandfather's past is the turmoil of the story. David was a journalist trying to get a story. Several scenes all you can here is his voice. His hair went down to his shoulders. Looked nice on him

OMG, you changed your sig. Looks nice!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I'll have to keep an eye out as it sounds a lovely film.

The line in the sig is from an old Frankie Goes to Hollywood song I heard on the TV the other day

Comment

Thanks, I'll have to keep an eye out as it sounds a lovely film.

The line in the sig is from an old Frankie Goes to Hollywood song I heard on the TV the other day
                            I actually found it on Amazon when I was looking for a christmas present for my daughter. Decided to do a search for one of his movies and found one that I could play here in the US, got a really great deal on it so I ordered it!! Glad I did

I am going to miss your David sig, but Loren looks great! *sigh* Not too many David sigs out there anymore....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post

I am going to miss your David sig, but Loren looks great! *sigh* Not too many David sigs out there anymore....
                              I agree, looks great.... And we definitely need more David sigs. *wishes she had awesome sig-making talents*
                              sigpic

Comment

Dude, I've been promoted to Jaffa Fodder! ...Cool, but how does this "ranking" system work? time on board or number of posts? Both?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X